What's new

Best chikamasa scissors for trimming and thoughts on the "cannabrush" ?

49th

Looking to invest in some good trim scissors. I have some cheap Chickamasa I got from the hydro store distributed by Dazey's. TP-500s spring-loaded but I feel like I could use something better.

Trying to decide between the B500SLF slanted and coated ones or just the B500SF straight or straight/coated. Orrr the B300SF finer more precise but smaller size with smaller handles. Worth getting both even? Is the L shape more comfortable for long sessions or unnecessary/awkward?

Also, has anyone tried this seemingly overpriced turkey baster thing: https://www.amazon.ca/CannaBrush-CB1.../dp/B08BC42518 ?

Is it as gimmicky as it looks or is it actually worth it or better off buying a basting brush from Walmart for a few bucks to try?

Thanks

49th

Ah whatever I'ma just buy the BS500SLF. L tip seems better than straight since I've worked with curved tip ones before and enjoyed that.

Cannabrush appears to be overpriced gimmick that could be remade for 1/16th the price surely.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Ah whatever I'ma just buy the BS500SLF. L tip seems better than straight since I've worked with curved tip ones before and enjoyed that.

Cannabrush appears to be overpriced gimmick that could be remade for 1/16th the price surely.

Read the amazon reviews . . . the bud has to be very dry before this will work. Too dry . . .

The scissors will be nice however . . . :rasta:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I used to use cuticle scissors for your finger nails if I spelled it correct to get the small leaves and hard to get to areas. And after all I've tried over the years just give me 1$ set of garden snips from the Dollar tree, they usually got blue handles. These things are sharp, and I mean dangerously sharp. I was trimming some bud to smoke with a pair and nearly cut a chunk of my thumb pretty bad one time. But those are great to trim with, just be careful no shit. And grab a pair of cuticle scissors at Wal-Mart or Dollar Store usually around 5$ to really trim them buds good. I used to spend hrs, I'm not as meticulous with the outdoor bud as the indoor. Trimming and the entire curing process is something most all people that don't grow have no idea how to do right , or understand it's another process all together before smoking!!!

49th

I used to use cuticle scissors for your finger nails if I spelled it correct to get the small leaves and hard to get to areas. And after all I've tried over the years just give me 1$ set of garden snips from the Dollar tree, they usually got blue handles. These things are sharp, and I mean dangerously sharp. I was trimming some bud to smoke with a pair and nearly cut a chunk of my thumb pretty bad one time. But those are great to trim with, just be careful no shit. And grab a pair of cuticle scissors at Wal-Mart or Dollar Store usually around 5$ to really trim them buds good. I used to spend hrs, I'm not as meticulous with the outdoor bud as the indoor. Trimming and the entire curing process is something most all people that don't grow have no idea how to do right , or understand it's another process all together before smoking!!!

Yeah, I have some scissors like that but the handles are so small and uncomfortable for me for long sessions.

I got the Chikamasa B500slf and they are smooth as butter and very comfortable. Extremely light with nice big ergonomic handles. They weren't even too expensive and shipped very quickly from Japan in just under a week.

ProfessorLefty

I’ve tried the trim brush—it works, not sure if it’s faster than wet trimming with scissors or not, but a lot less trichome loss surprisingly, and almost no cleanup necessary