What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual Harvest Questions

YekinKebo

Hello fellow growers! I am a grower in the Colorado Springs area and I currently provide marijuana to the elderly medicinal patients in my area at low or no cost. Most of my 'customers' are people who really can't afford to pay for their own prescriptions on a weekly basis. I currently provide a number of patients with a fairly generous supply of marijuana every other month or so but the number of people asking is ever increasing and I hate to turn down people because I have no marijuana to provide them with. I currently have one grow tent with HPS lights and I utilize a soil medium and fox farms nutrients. I have been able to produce a few ounces on plants when I harvest but I am looking for a higher production perpetual harvest method in order to keep up with the demand. My question to you fellow growers, is if there is any method to be able to harvest near a half pound (yes, a large quantity, I know) every 2-3 weeks. I have a basement in which I can grow but it is preferable that my whole basement not be covered in plants. What method (if any) would be able to produce the quantity of marijuana I need I in a fairly space-conscious manner? I have never tinkered with a perpetual harvest and if anyone could give me an outline of how to go about it I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
A few a plant, is quite a few per half pound. Which you want every 2-3 weeks. So that's.... lets see..... many plants

How about 1 a week.

skillz

I reckon I am close to achieving half pound every month with my perpetual set-up ...

I have a veg tent 2x4 (split on two levels) - a 3x5 flower tent - 60x60 dry tent ...

20210116_002032.jpg

20210611_221547.jpg

I'm still pheno hunting to get to about 3 or 4 strains so my yield hasn't been consistent, so far I've found 2 - with my 2 keepers I've been getting about 3oz per plant (5 gallon).. I can comfortably fit 6 plants in the flower tent (5 gallon soil - 8 week veg) -- so under optimal conditions with selected cuts I should be hitting the numbers you're aiming for... with monocrop I'd probably yield more - but I would need a bigger veg tent, or would have to veg (18/6) in my bigger tent for a few weeks to really fill it in... I prefer having variety, spreading out the harvest/trim workload, and having new weed every month instead of every 4+ months ....