What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvest smells like chlorophyl not sour diesel.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Had problems with this grow. Coco in airpots (5 gallon) and noticed towards mid flower that PPM was triple the feed, and PH was 4.5 (checking runoff). Adjusted feed to get normal runoff. Had worst foxtailing I have ever seen. About 4 days into drying, and room reiks of chlorophyl not GG4. Usually have heavy skunk smell half way across yard, 2 weeks before harvest (indoor grow, tent air filter, led) but walk into room and chlorophyl is all I smell.

Any ideas what else I did wrong?

s0ck3t

Try and get a covid test mate, I had covid in February my nose is still fucked and weed doesnt smell the same anymore! 😥

Loc Dog

Veteran
I doubt that. Thinking the nutrient lockout, and only 3 day flush can not have helped. The buds were pure foxtails, which is not right for GG4. Maybe the lockout made them need more weeks of flower, to get right? Normally 55-60 day flower. Had to cut at 60 due to some bud rot starting. Also most leaves trimmed when cut, due to fears of but rot.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Plan on curing it after a few more days. Forgot the crop lost its smell right around when it started throwing foxtails. Was hoping it would recover.

Sunshineinabag

It may loc.....I had a similar issue with lookpa farm yeti plant 5 weeks in a jar helped.....I wonder if adding an apple or orange skin small piece would help?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Had problems with this grow. Coco in airpots (5 gallon) and noticed towards mid flower that PPM was triple the feed, and PH was 4.5 (checking runoff). Adjusted feed to get normal runoff. Had worst foxtailing I have ever seen. About 4 days into drying, and room reiks of chlorophyl not GG4. Usually have heavy skunk smell half way across yard, 2 weeks before harvest (indoor grow, tent air filter, led) but walk into room and chlorophyl is all I smell.

Any ideas what else I did wrong?

Laundry list of trouble, probably will get mold on the buds during cure,
and then your dog runs away, and then the wife moves out right after your car's engine seizes,
right after you lose your job and get covid.

Could be worse.

Chin up, and try again.

lol

Loc Dog

Veteran
Laundry list of trouble, probably will get mold on the buds during cure,
and then your dog runs away, and then the wife moves out right after your car's engine seizes,
right after you lose your job and get covid.

Could be worse.

Chin up, and try again.

lol

Harvested bud is safe. I put an air cleaner blowing up at hanging buds, and some already dry. Really shrunk a lot, and foxtailing less evident.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Don't blow all the good smells off with that fan. humidity maters too, 60% supposed to be good.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Don't blow all the good smells off with that fan. humidity maters too, 60% supposed to be good.

No good smells to lose. Hopefully lose chlorophyl reik. I am assuming the terpenes were never produced due to nutrient lockout from unacceptably low PH.

What really pisses me off, was previous grow was probably best bud ever grown by me. This is probably close to as bad as when I did hydro only using miracle grow.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
No good smells to lose. Hopefully lose chlorophyl reik. I am assuming the terpenes were never produced due to nutrient lockout from unacceptably low PH.

What really pisses me off, was previous grow was probably best bud ever grown by me. This is probably close to as bad as when I did hydro only using miracle grow.

All kidding aside, seems like you may get some smoke-able yield.

Better times ahead, no doubt.