What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are my girls ready to cut down?

powderful

Hey guys!

I have a few plants on their 13th week in flower (since flipping to 12/12).

Growing under 2x 250w hps with biobizz nutes and organic soil.

I know you should count from pistils showing and not from flip date so they are probably closer to 11.5/12 weeks in the flowering cycle.

The blueberry seems like it is ready and considering it is the strain with the most indica in it that makes sense.
The cheese I am unsure about and the green crack looks like it needs a week or two more to fully mature.

I took the photos with an electronic microscope and tried to use an auxiliary light source to avoid the led ring light that came with the microscope.

Would love some input!

Attachments

• photo2053423.jpg
    photo2053423.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 54
  • photo2053424.jpg
    photo2053424.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2053426.jpg
    photo2053426.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2053425.jpg
    photo2053425.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 54
  • photo2053428.jpg
    photo2053428.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2053427.jpg
    photo2053427.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 62

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I would let the strain in the second 3 pics (cheese?) go for a few days but the one in the first 3(blueberry?) is ready!

powderful

I would let the strain in the second 3 pics (cheese?) go for a few days but the one in the first 3(blueberry?) is ready!

Yeah the blueberry definitely looks ready just from looking at the plant and the trichomes seem to reflect that fact but I tend to overthink things and I'm vary of chopping too early due to the time and effort invested😆

First 2 are blueberry, second two are cheese and last two pics are green crack.

The strain name should come up when you hover your cursor over it.

Thank you so much for the feedback😀I live in a country where it is still illegal so I can't really get second opinions in real life.

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It depends what you are after. IMO the Blueberry was probably ready a week or 2 ago. With that much amber, you will get a more narcotic effects. Some might even call that over ripe. The other 2, now.

Immature
Click image for larger version  Name:	immature-cannabis-trichomes_2_ed_rosenthal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	17885225

Click image for larger version  Name:	immature-cannabis-trichomes_ed_rosenthal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	17885226

Mature
Click image for larger version  Name:	mature-cannabis-trichomes_2_ed_rosenthal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.0 KB ID:	17885227
Click image for larger version  Name:	immature-cannabis-trichomes_2_ed_rosenthal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	17885225

Over ripe
Click image for larger version  Name:	overripe-cannabis-trichomes_2_ed_rosenthal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.2 KB ID:	17885229
Click image for larger version  Name:	mature-cannabis-trichomes_2_ed_rosenthal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.0 KB ID:	17885227

JustGrowing420

Notice that the blueberry pics are certainly a leaf, so actual buds may be just right on ripeness as sugar leaves amber a bit earlier than the calyx, in my experience.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Notice that the blueberry pics are certainly a leaf, so actual buds may be just right on ripeness as sugar leaves amber a bit earlier than the calyx, in my experience.

How can you tell? I use an electronic scope to scope my flowers (read no leaf) and all I see is trichs.

powderful

So, how are the buds after all? did you get a nice harvest?

Blueberry took 84 days

the cheese and og kush were ready at 90 days.

The green crack was chopped down last, 105 days

They all pass the taste and smell test, they also give the desired effects most importantly

Thank you for the input community, much appreciated 🤙

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Blueberry took 84 days

the cheese and og kush were ready at 90 days.

The green crack was chopped down last, 105 days

They all pass the taste and smell test, they also give the desired effects most importantly

Thank you for the input community, much appreciated 🤙

U R welcome :tiphat:

Wow! I grow Gc, veged 5 wks and chopped her after 10. 3x3x6 tent and 600w led