What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The smell is gone

Cuddles

grow tents get hot. As does the sun in the mid and upper northern hemisphere. It is for this reason theat everyone who owns a garden knows that you shouldn´t spray your garden plants during the daytime but rather before the sun comes up or in th evening. Why? Because it damagies the plants Oh, HPS lamps get damn hot by the way, plus heat builds up inside the tent too.
And please stop these german (google) translations, you´re not impressing anybody .

JustGrowing420

And you have that sun in your grow tent, right.

The radiance of our lamps, given the distance to the light source, is not nearly enough to cause burns ... even if they have hairy leaves.

and no, it's not about the hair ... even if there is stinging hair ... that's different. you need a cushion of air under the magnifying glass otherwise that won't work ... simple physics.

before you accuse someone of lying the next time ... question whether your modest half-knowledge is sufficient.

What you say sounds correct, had not thought this. But I thought I had observed when watering for example that when droplets stayed on the leaf and did not wipe them, after it was dry there was a little spot there, maybe from salts now that I think about it? looked more than a burn than salts from evaporated water though. Although not hair, could not trichomes, both glandular and not act as the "hair" you describe? especially on sugar leaves and buds, we are talking flowering plants here...

Growenhaft

Und bitte hör auf mit diesen deutschen (google) Übersetzungen, du beeindruckst niemanden .

it is not my problem if you show racist behavior and reject me as a German ... you have to learn to deal with it yourself. You are definitely in therapeutic treatment ... make that an issue ... maybe you can be helped there.

Would you like sources to back up my statement?
Or is it enough for you to independently question your half-knowledge on the internet?

with regard to bundled light ... or when and how a magnifying glass effect occurs ... can you do it? or do you need my help?
i don't want to help you ... i hate racists.

nach dem Trocknen dort ein kleiner Fleck war

there is calcium as an evaporation residue

JustGrowing420

although if you have looked at a cannabis fan leaf even with a 30x microspoce you would also see that there are some "hair" really....

Growenhaft

and now they put a water tropic on it. the surface tension of the water will not be sufficient to be able to stand out from the ground. there is no air cushion.

therevverend

Veteran
Always always always take care of bug and fungal problems before flowering. If you don't you might be better off chopping and starting over. Never trust the people at the shop who say they spray right up until harvest, they tell you the stuff is safe, the stuff kills 100% of whatever you're trying to kill. They're selling you a product. Even if they're friendly and cool. Business is one thing, being cool and friendly is another. This is why I usually only smoke my own. Can't trust what people tell you or what they put on their plants.

I don't think you'll be able to take away much from this run, other then that you fucked up. Of course the stuff doesn't smell right, you had mites plus you sprayed the shit out of it. Mites make buds taste shitty and lose potency, or at least lose their flavor. If losing the flavor is all the spray did you're very lucky. If it still retains 75% of it's potency you're lucky. This is why I say often you're better off chopping and starting over as soon as an infestation starts in flowering. Better off putting the lights and time to the next crop.

Times have changed. Spider mites used to be the terror of cannabis gardening, now there's all sorts of stuff that wipes them out. Either with nasty chemicals or without. Mammoth, botanigard, and many other products that are fairly safe to use even into early flowering. My friend got root aphids last winter, what a bitch they are. Made me nostalgic for good old spider mites. I might be seeing them on my outdoor plants this year. Doesn't worry me, the ladybugs, spiders, wasps, earwigs, and other predators have moved in to join the feast. Only worry is taking cuts for indoors, I'm going to be very very careful if I do.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The magnifying glass effect only occurs in cannabis species with hairy leaves.

because without this hair the drop of water will lie flat on the leaf. if this is the case and there is therefore no layer of air between the leaf and the drop, the magnifying glass effect cannot occur.

how many types of cannabis with hairy leaves do you know?

Back to topic

when you look at the leaves of the plant ... do you see the lightening of the leaves from the tip of the leaf inwards? the dead leaf tips, which curl up?

that is a lack of potassium. so it's no wonder that smell and aroma go down the drain.

Potassium is a special nutrient, the only one that is absorbed by the plant in a special way. Potassium has a special access to the plant.

a deficiency in potassium will mostly be an exclusion than a real deficiency. Most potassium exclusions arise because the calcium-magnesium-potassium ratio is disrupted. from too much magnesium and calcium. You can usually see this in the home grower area when working uncontrolled with Epsom salt ... or uncontrolled cal / mag administered.

In a professional manner, with magnesium and calcium fertilization, potassium is always increased ... so that the situation remains.

I top dressed with Langbenite 0-0-22 (as well as some other feeds) when they went to flowering. I am not using LABs or molasses.

I do not have a leaf temp scanner. The tent air gets to around 80*F under the lights, and the lights are well over a foot above the highest tops.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What you say sounds correct, had not thought this. But I thought I had observed when watering for example that when droplets stayed on the leaf and did not wipe them, after it was dry there was a little spot there, maybe from salts now that I think about it? looked more than a burn than salts from evaporated water though. Although not hair, could not trichomes, both glandular and not act as the "hair" you describe? especially on sugar leaves and buds, we are talking flowering plants here...

I thought I had also picked up PM because of the white residue left after that agressive spraying had dried. It has been several days and no more webs are seen, so no more spraying for now.

I feel like my killer red mites let me down. I got another bag of worms hoping that bag would also be infested, but it wasn't. Maybe I need to add rover beetles to the equation.

There is some smell, but not near as much as what sometimes came in the vac paks, that would soak through three layers. I get that kind of terpene production, and I will start being happy. This stuff is making THC, does get me high. I want stink dammit. Funny, that plant I gave a friend who subsequently chopped it early, because it was too smelly OUTSIDE... well, I can't hardly smell the stuff in the closet it is drying in, except for the chlorophyll..

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
The guys at the Growstore just see Dollar $igns when you come in. Be hesitant considering them "Experts". If they were Expert Growers, they would not need jobs at a Retail store. They are salespeople whose job is to push the stuff they have in stock at the store when you come in.

Also, don't Cherry Pick the advice you want to hear from the advice that You need to hear. We crawl before we walk, we walk before we run, we run before we fly. You cannot be Captain Dankness without the learning process that starts by being Private All-Ears.

I have had this happen once on one strain during a bare bulb vert indoor run in the summer. I attributed it to that strain having particularly volatile terps that got vaporized in the heat.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
This.
No matter what any bottle or spray reads on the label, it is common sense that you do not want ANYTHING other than resin on your buds. Especially dead bugs and pesticides.
Also never apply foliars with the lights on as the droplets act as magnifying glasses creating hotspots on the plant surface.

True that :tiphat:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
WuFlu most probably...PMSL If you're running a hot room or your plants are to close to the light (HID Lights mainly) that could the problem, you can also go nose blind as i have a few times..lol

mexweed

Veteran
87c5816966db8895b7c6b85e6b2edd41.gif

zzzybil

Never bring plants Inside from Outside.
Recipe for Disaster. Always assume you have Bugs when you do.

Sound Familiar?

Spider Mites create a new generation every 48 hours. Exponential population growth occurs Indoors. Do not underestimate them.

Don't spray plants in Flower. Don't Vape/Smoke pesticides.

i wouldn't want to smoke your poison plants NO MATTER WHAT the salesman sold/told yuh ......... washing'm and smokin mites better in my mind .......... different strokes but DAMMMMMMMM