What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much longer should I let Gooey 13 go?

Klompen

I had a really bad winter and our vital supply of medicine has been interrupted by herming, freezing, and lots of pests. Despite all that I have finally ended up with two plants nearing completion. I have never run these strains before though so I could really use some advice on when to chop.

The first is Loud N' Proud. Still herming intermittently but not as bad as it was. It got stunted by cold in the winter and has entered a sort of "rebudding" phase. It went in to the chamber in early December 2020, so its waaaaaaay overdue for finishing.

Here is a pic of her:

IMG_5279.JPG

IMG_5273.JPG

Next up is Gooey 13. She has suffered many of the same pest problems and has hermied severely at the early part of flowering and has improved as I used pest treatments. She is somewhere around day 63 or so. I was really hoping she would get bigger because we really need a more steady supply than this, but she's looking beautiful at least.

IMG_5279.JPG

IMG_5279.JPG

Any thoughts? Do you guys think Gooey 13 will fatten up much more? How close does LNP look to being done? I am eager to get my next plant into flower(J1 Hashplant), but I want to get the chamber cleared and deep cleaned before I start the next one.

troutman

Seed Whore
I think you can cut it down anytime. ;)

Once you're all done give your grow area a real cleanup to get rid of the pests.
I normally give my grow area at least a week with no plants to recover from a
pest issue. Unless you clean it all out with a little break the pests stick around
forever I find.

Cheers

Klompen

Thanks man I have chopped all the finished stuff out of LNP but left the younger flowers because there's no need to remove it until G13 comes out. Do you think there's any chance Gooey 13 might bulk up a bit more or do you think its done done? Early samples have shown a great flavor(like apricots) and a pleasant high, but its not especially powerful as of yet. I was hoping it would grow a little more potent to make it last longer. If its done its done though. I would say trichs are 10% amber tops, maybe 10% clear.