What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is she ready? Thinking of cutting it but want a second opinion.

Hey y'all!!

I'm thinking of pulling down one of my girls today and need a second opinion. We're around day 50 of flower, I was a lazy farmer and didn't keep track of the exact date. I've been watching my Wedding Cake girl develop some pretty cloudy trichs the last few weeks, but her pistils have been mostly white so I figured it'd be a bit longer still. Today I noticed some amber trichs developing on her fan leaves and I'm thinking I should cut her down before the buds start going amber too.

The leaves:
View attachment 9nAfjguDd1mCjf5FgytBfJiiNg_DhMgoYgnZnutdYkeMWyQCRrvzB0JaHfeN1GZ0YCi-SfF3jgDMzu0o_NNNirvHjoAe0m704l0M

View attachment -YYLYgNRHujhwurfpQyPlJmLKuX5ocrQe5DqnJ5RzexR4fjBwTx9ek-9ri5seShWd7Uy87J0N7AORNyW2igvBj71Y5r8CfTQD7oY

View attachment lIC_4Ih_guPINxLsRY3SEP24Ng0Fsg151yTBPzybuitrm7ed8Xv-YolSEQGSOy44jLwkmW1la9ZJlXhy3rq8KEXuen8usseLsYA_

The Buds:
View attachment UvJKBGu9vGIW0DTKepTCXMDOul90P_LbRlPmgUja9kv5PZbJUnTKyJiayjFcaHmmDLHphPkpQBLJnS2szHFod5STI7cJsACaTC_A

View attachment qZ0DAvCRKSXm4D-tcgT33xLi21U_ccQ8-pyiCj5Rc_VdQZ6SV51FBE_Wfz_kU1tmBePxteKJ57WnePZq8ppzas2_qsj32yv112yy

The Girl:
View attachment iwYwKkPWogRRYFwDqJ-ydNORbBRCEMo59r0s-VlotLpyPS6RXkhxk5ZzNaa334jAGXxX7y3z8aBIuQpdTLGE-cQM5jymxoNLge05

Thanks for the advice and happy toking!
-JollyShaman

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting plant, she is throwing some serious amber, id have cut it about now or a little earlier. However, the pistils are still rather immature looking! This is one of those peculiar moments when you kind of go off your instinct. Looks terrific regardless. Id probably take it another week and see if those amber trichs start showing up on buds.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I like things pulled a little early, rather than a bit late. To that end, it's going to smoke nicely. However, I see more white hairs than brown. It's still going if you want to leave it. Perhaps load up on calcium in the hope of more resin production, but it's a bit late for a K bump to try and change the yield much. It's in the final leg now. There isn't really a right or wrong

It looks nice

Thanks y'all! I spent some time before the lights came on this morning looking at trichs under the magnifying glass and only saw one amber trich on a lower bud, but I still saw some half cloudy/clear trichs too. I'm going to keep checking her in the mornings and give her a few more days to mature a little more.