Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember at 55% it’s all over... no curing will happen if you dip below 55% RH that will stop the curing process.. I like to keep buds at 62% and smoke them at 55% rh
    sigpicLife should not be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WoW What A Wild Ride" - Hunter S Thompson

GIRL'S GOT SKILLS come check out the thread everyone Strains = Gorilla Bubble 6, Gorilla Berry Diesel, Train Wreck this run.....
    ( https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336244 )

i could clock in for very little per hour and turn into a zombie ...no thanks, since i've already been branded BAD by society i'll stick to what i do... QUOTE... STAR CRASH....

Comment

I would also strongly suggest that y’all get solid meters... learn how to keep them calabrated and keep them up. The use of chemical R/H stabalisers shouldn’t be used because you don’t need to use meters anymore... Knowledge is Power... your buds and friends will Appreciate your efforts.... not saying you can’t use them. But experance with both now and I can say the use of real good meters is my preferred way to cure and store.. it just gets better and better when you know how to finish your buds off...
      sigpicLife should not be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WoW What A Wild Ride" - Hunter S Thompson

GIRL'S GOT SKILLS come check out the thread everyone Strains = Gorilla Bubble 6, Gorilla Berry Diesel, Train Wreck this run.....

i could clock in for very little per hour and turn into a zombie ...no thanks, since i've already been branded BAD by society i'll stick to what i do... QUOTE... STAR CRASH....

Comment

it just gets better and better when you know how to finish your buds off...

So true. Curing is trickier than growing in my opinion. This thread is how I learned to jar cure. I'm going to be checking out some of the other curing methods suggested by THC123 as well.
        "you wouldn't know respect if it bit you on the k u n t, douchebag."- justanotherbozo
        "Negative rep from a tool with a name like Jellyfish is a f'n bage of Honor."- Shalako
        "You have no fucking idea what you speak of."- Wendull C.
        "Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
        "Lady Gaga is someone on my radar screen."- Hempy McNoodle

Comment

Originally posted by Jellyfish View Post
          So true. Curing is trickier than growing in my opinion. This thread is how I learned to jar cure. I'm going to be checking out some of the other curing methods suggested by THC123 as well.
          I apply this same method with 5 gallon buckets with Gama Seal Lids, two pounds at time... Jars just don’t hold enough to be effective for me... the buckets are food grade... it’s not just for jarring small amounts... and works the same... that’s why I’m so insistently saying to use the meters all the time... the packs just won’t cut it with two pounds or more...

Comment

Aspenou812, I wanna be like *you* when I grow up: so much weed I need BUCKETS!
            The FUTURE: *LIVE* it - or live *with* it...it’s just starting...NOW

Don’t vote for rich people - they’re not going to vote for YOU...
            ——————
            “You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, you know you have been captured,
            Still you feel so civilized...”

I’m not a fool, but I can recognize one
            ——————
            Letting my freak flag fly!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBadGrower View Post
              Hello everyone[...]

Hei superbad,

this happened to me sometimes in the past.
              I'm pretty sure it has to do with the ambient RH being HIGHER than the one in the jar. This way, opening the jar makes things worse instead of letting the buds sweat.

Anyways, i'm into freezer curing and storing lately. As an hobby grower, my priority is minimizing the risks!

My 2c.

Comment

Didn't read all 263 pages, but enough to see a pattern of negativity toward Boveda I feel is misplaced. This product is to curing cannabis what timers are to indoor growing. It should have been invented by Ron Popeil for it truly is the "Set it and Forget it" of curing. If you're not using them it's either because you're cheap, uneducated, or have stake in the competition... Which by this thread is apparently tedious, manual labor.
                The beauty of science is that it works whether you believe in it or not. - NdT

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt Bag View Post
                  Sadly Pseudoscience works the same way, and dunning kruger aint helping much either...
                  Originally posted by AVOH
                  open mind leaves room for growth
                  Originally posted by slownickel
                  Guy, I have been testing coco for years, right out of the bag. It's all salty.

Suggest you drop the blind faith and use a bit of science.
                  Originally posted by Bud Green
                  For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
                  Originally posted by Ibechillin
                  Diffused light > Spectrum.
                  Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aspenou812 View Post
                    I apply this same method with 5 gallon buckets with Gama Seal Lids, two pounds at time... Jars just don’t hold enough to be effective for me... the buckets are food grade... it’s not just for jarring small amounts... and works the same... that’s why I’m so insistently saying to use the meters all the time... the packs just won’t cut it with two pounds or more...
                    In drier environments I’ve found the Gamna lid seals need to be caulked to the bucket in order to slow down moisture loss. And even when caulked are not as “sealed “ as other methods.

This is in an environment where humidity is 20% on average and the buckets were kept about fifty degrees

Comment

Didn't read all 263 pages, but enough to see a pattern of negativity toward Boveda I feel is misplaced. This product is to curing cannabis what timers are to indoor growing. It should have been invented by Ron Popeil for it truly is the "Set it and Forget it" of curing. If you're not using them it's either because you're cheap, uneducated, or have stake in the competition... Which by this thread is apparently tedious, manual labor.
                      For some odd reason, this reminds me of an article I read in Reason years back, which made the argument that Windows being the most installed OS was therefore proved to be the best IN FACT....

If you want to dry until 65% then drop a boveda pack in the jar and call that cured, I’m sure many will agree with you.

As I have not tried it, I couldn’t possibly comment.
                      The FUTURE: *LIVE* it - or live *with* it...it’s just starting...NOW

Don’t vote for rich people - they’re not going to vote for YOU...
                      ——————
                      “You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, you know you have been captured,
                      Still you feel so civilized...”

I’m not a fool, but I can recognize one
                      ——————
                      Letting my freak flag fly!

Comment

I've always been able to just wing it and jar cure my weed. But when I first started I let some mold on accident. But after a few years of learning I've got it down. I'm a bit older but I'm really considering trying one of these things.....it's always good to expand on your ways if someone shared the knowledge that's so helpful. What exactly are those things called again??? I'm gonna look on Amazon.....sorry I didn't read all pages either lol.
                        sigpic

WV's this and that!!! on going flowering thread
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368874

Mars-Hydro SP 250 grow just finished!!!!!....back going!!!!
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362317

Silverbacks complete threads
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

My Albums
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=65286

TerraBloom
                        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...QaZKmHQ57WSI9K

www. mikrobs.com

https://microbialapplications.myshop...ollections/all

Comment

Originally posted by White Beard View Post
                          For some odd reason, this reminds me of an article I read in Reason years back, which made the argument that Windows being the most installed OS was therefore proved to be the best IN FACT....

If you want to dry until 65% then drop a boveda pack in the jar and call that cured, I’m sure many will agree with you.

As I have not tried it, I couldn’t possibly comment.
                          We use 62%, ideal for cannabis. Did side by side with "the old fashioned way". Boveda wins hands down. It also lasts a long, long time.

Comment

I like the 62% bovedas too. I only put them in when the RH in the jar holds +-60% for 24 hrs without a boveda.

Comment

Your first post on a thread that's over 250 pages, and you come on here acting like, 'you all are stupid, my way's the best way.'

So good luck with that.

I personally think Bovedas suck, but that's beside the point.
                              "you wouldn't know respect if it bit you on the k u n t, douchebag."- justanotherbozo
                              "Negative rep from a tool with a name like Jellyfish is a f'n bage of Honor."- Shalako
                              "You have no fucking idea what you speak of."- Wendull C.
                              "Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
                              "Lady Gaga is someone on my radar screen."- Hempy McNoodle

Comment

Originally posted by Jellyfish View Post
                                Your first post on a thread that's over 250 pages, and you come on here acting like, 'you all are stupid, my way's the best way.'

So good luck with that.

I personally think Bovedas suck, but that's beside the point.
                                What does the number of pages have to do with anything? Boveda isn't "my way". I didn't invent them. I never said anything like "you all are stupid" but I did read a lot of ignorant, unfounded statements about Boveda that I felt deserved retort. Tell me Jellyfish, why do you think Boveda sucks? Is it the convenience? Perhaps you sell hygrometers. No? Hmm. Well, you go right on burping jars, Chief. But 'round here, in the immoral words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't Nobody Got Time For That".

Comment

Working...
                                X