Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Garden Groom = A trimming machine for 3 pymts of $33 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogger
    replied
    OK there rednecks! But it's not hard to make just move two wire's make it go in revers so save the $100. So easy to make one.

Leave a comment:

• LiLWaynE
    replied
    Originally posted by Frogger View Post

idk how that thing would work on buds smaller then COLA size...

also, those hillbillies in that video have little kids running around in the background.... yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaawwwwwwwwwwww www

also did you hear the hilljackwoman in the background saying:

"send in a 100$ money order to P.O. box and we will send you instructions on how to make it"

Leave a comment:

• Frogger
    replied
    Ok here we go Hope this helps everone!
    Hand triming sucks big time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouojX...=youtube_gdata

Leave a comment:

• Frogger
    replied
    I'll. See if I can find it 4 ya.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog11
    replied
    Can you give a link, I cant find it on youtube. thanks

Leave a comment:

• Frogger
    replied
    Hi guys anyone seen the video on YouTube for the diy trimpro by jeff something? Very cool and very simple to make.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jayne
    replied
    Couldn't find 9" round grate to fit perfectly so got a larger square one and used glue gun to attach. Modified with 2.2 hp vacuum-cut hose to 1 1'2 ft. and gorilla taped to mouth of ocean spray juice bottle. Bottle was attached to opening on GG by cutting out side, a little smaller than GG opening. I cut 4 corner slits 1/4", mounted and taped. Slightly less trim flying around but still not enough suction. Grate works well.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jayne
    replied
    I bought the garden groom on Ebay for $85 after reading this thread [thanks!]and it arrived today. I think the answer to grill/grate is to get a 9" cake cooling rack and glue on with legs facing up. Looks pretty easy to create a short sleeve and attach to a vacuum wand with duct tape instead of using enclosed cloth hose and receptacle bag, whose sleeve is affixed with a velcro strip. I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how the suction is.
    Hope I have better luck with this menacing blade than the saran wrap cutter.

Leave a comment:

• gmanwho
    replied
    I am so happy i saw this thread.... so happy.

Medi usea... i was thinking the same thing a few pages back. covering up even the top 1/2 of the area would work. u could even use duct tape. jb weld an some coat hanger wire and your in business.

B-safe

Leave a comment:

• AKDrifter
    replied
    TOO COOL!!!

I have been waiting for something like this to pop up. I really wanted a spinpro for my small set up, But this thing looks like it would be just the ticket.

It really is too bad that the people who came up with many of the available trimmers are looking to make a killing off their machines, I mean look at what is involved in their construction, I am quite sure more goes into a high end food processor which costs much less. Yep I am going to get me one of these babys, I think it would be a huge time saver.

They look like the perfect start of a grest little trimmer. I was wondering about the 300/500W versions. I would guess the Pro version would be a little more stout in its construction. I am thinking about taking it apart and building a housing for it out of some large PVC tube, with an added port for a small shop vac to hook up to, a ghetto frestanding trimmer but for like $5K less. I have a pile of ideas on this one.

Thanks for the links, pics, and ideas!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by noone4u View Post
    not sure if theres still a suction issue but i have an idea!

mount a good fan in a box with a screen over it.

Now cut a hole in the box and put a tube PVC or whatever and hook it up to the tube coming from the trimmer!

DONE

Creates what should be a good amount of vacume and all your trim goes in the box

My micro grow box tells me this will work LOL

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    not sure if theres still a suction issue but i have an idea!

mount a good fan in a box with a screen over it.

Now cut a hole in the box and put a tube PVC or whatever and hook it up to the tube coming from the trimmer!

DONE

Creates what should be a good amount of vacume and all your trim goes in the box

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    buy a mini shop vac and plug it in

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    has this thread died?

Bueller......Bueller.....

lol

muA

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was reading this thread and got to thinking about the suction problem mentioned...The grate that comes with it has 10 segments...I was wondering if you replaced the grate with a solid piece of something-or-other with slots cut into it the equivalent size of the two largest segments, would the suction increase enough by restricting the airflow to suck the leaves into the slots to be trimmed?

just spitballin'...

muA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X