What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Garden Groom = A trimming machine for 3 pymts of $33 ???

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
had to cut down the colas down today, saw some mold developing. my trimmer did a pretty good job. my pot camera is old, sorry for the blurry photos.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
I guess it was bound to happen with a seasonal, first time offering....

Advance ordering ftw

Nice work, again, Bear and all....:yes:

P

Peat

There are other online retail retailers. ;)

Hey avgjoe, thats a very good price!
Better check that again!
For that price, you could sell 'em. $$$$

Last edited:

apples

I didnt read the whole thread but havnt any of you heard of the flowbee
flowbee.JPG
\

flowbee.jpg

F1.jpg

Its a hair trimmer that attaches to your vacuum. Also has attachments to adjust the distance from the blade.

I guess the cutting surface is pretty small but it pretty cheap about $70 on the offical site but I'm sure you could find a used one for cheap. I think I might even have one somewhere.

You can also buy this little vaccuum
hand%20vacuum.gif

Just a suggestion.

Bulldog11

Veteran
are the blades sharp on that unit? Hair is not nearly as thick as a hedge. (especially with my receding hair line)

apples

Sure the flowbee can't cut a hedge but I'm sure it could handle some leaves. They can be found on ebay easily for $20-$50.

Just an idea, I really have no idea if it's practical.

With all the MacGyvers on these forums I would think there is a diy to build your own from scratch. How hard could it be to get a motor and a blade and rig it all up.

Hey all - especially MajLeeStoned.....

the Garden Groom is on ebay also -- despite it being its first season, ebay has approx 30 as of today....prices range !! FYI

Dhude

Three words for you boys: Electric lawn mower.

Turn the bitch upside down, get a replacement grate for a square BBQ grill, hit the corners with a weld (or strapping or conduit tape and some screws) and you've got a trimmer with some serious power for $150.

PLENTY of suction, relatively cheap, easy to remove blade for sharpening/cleaning.

Just seems like a no brainer. If suction, availability, and cost are your concerns, I think this route is better than modding out a garden groomer to make a half-assed trimmer with no suction when it's only going to save you maybe $50 and you'll end up spending 15min of out every trimming hour cleaning up and unclogging the thing because it has no suction.

Three words for you boys: Electric lawn mower.

Turn the bitch upside down, get a replacement grate for a square BBQ grill, hit the corners with a weld (or strapping or conduit tape and some screws) and you've got a trimmer with some serious power for $150.

PLENTY of suction, relatively cheap, easy to remove blade for sharpening/cleaning.

Just seems like a no brainer. If suction, availability, and cost are your concerns, I think this route is better than modding out a garden groomer to make a half-assed trimmer with no suction when it's only going to save you maybe $50 and you'll end up spending 15min of out every trimming hour cleaning up and unclogging the thing because it has no suction.

Sounds way to small and weak weak..I have an Army surplus jet engine that I have been welding man hole covers over for the trim screen.

A man sized trimmer for my micro grow:sasmokin:

Pictures soon...