What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Garden Groom = A trimming machine for 3 pymts of $33 ???

L

LolaGal

OK, still in the works, but I have started the project with the old metal fan from 1940.

I took my Dremel and put an edge on the blades.

Let the experiment begin! I have 10 fingers to start... lol

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the idea of this product. i ordered one today. although, i think your guy's setups aren't wide enough to get the all leaves. i'm going measure how long the spaces are and cut some metal clothes hangers to that of equal length. i think you guys will find if everything is parallel it will work much better. this way you can just lay the bud on the cover and turn it in a circular motion.

I'm going to cut the metal hangers to length and solder the cut pieces to the existing cover. I'm thinking half inch spaces will be perfect. this is going to be great for all the bigger buds but i think you will still have to trim the small shit by hand. either way this is will save a lot of time and hand cramping. great catch

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
============================== ==============
Thanks, iGro!
You've been throwing ideas from the beginning! :respect:
I'd like to see you get one! I bet you could show us a thing, or 2...

============================== ==============

Nahhh....I'm all theory Peat, you guys have this thing handled mang :joint:

P

Peat

Good luck, Smokey! Keep us updated! :lurk:

==============================

what about sewing a bubble bag on a shortened version of that collection tube as a kief catcher and try n kill them two birds??

why not something like, bud>gardengroomer>hose>bag>holeinbag(lol)>meshcoveringholeinbag>goodfan ?

:chin: Do these 2 ideas seem to go together somehow??? :chin:

Thanks for the input, everybody! :respect:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
received my garden groomer today. i will now call it my weed groomer. here is what it looks like after i did some work on it. i used metal clothes hangers for spacers. i was going to solder them on but i realized it won't stay very well with aluminum. i since then changed the plan to use hot glue. every piece is glued to the cover. i turned it on after i was all done and it stayed together. so we are good to go in that aspect. it's going to be another two weeks before i can try it though. i have two auto-flowering blue streaks i'll be trying it on. i'll show you guys the results in a couple of weeks. peace out.

here are the plants to be tested.

and here is the weed groomer

P

Peat

Nice job on the trimmer, Smokey! :respect:

Just getting around to a closer look. :redface: (Better late, than never...so they say...)

I like it alot, Smokey!
Especially how you followed the lines of the existing grill.

Can't wait to see what you can do with it.

I'm kinda concerned how well the hot glue sticks to the original grill.
(But, I'm not familiar with the diff grades of hot glue.)

If you have any problems with the hot glue, maybe consider silicone caulk.
...something with a strong hold & a little "give"

But, it's not like there's alot of vibration with these units. :D

Nice score on the used one! :yes:

That's a savings of ...:chin:...over 625%!
:D
The real savings is in time.

I've got a few plants finishing in around 3 weeks.
Hopefully, I can get a few tweeks in between now & then.

Last edited:
C

cellardweller

. i was going to solder them on but i realized it won't stay very well with aluminum. i since then changed the plan to use hot glue.

Nice job on the trimmer, Smokey! :respect:
I'm kinda concerned how well the hot glue sticks to the original grill.
(But, I'm not familiar with the diff grades of hot glue.)

If you have any problems with the hot glue, maybe consider silicone caulk.
...something with a strong hold & a little "give"

:

umm...you guys ever hear tell of JB Weld?? good chit maing..

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
umm...you guys ever hear tell of JB Weld?? good chit maing..

What's that, a bonding agent for Alum CD ?

I took welding way back when, and I forget what was used on Aluminum...I thought it was TiG or MiG....

I'm sure there's some type of epoxy that's for Alum....Hell, in a pinch for testing purposes that hot glue gun's a charm!

Peace,

Gro :joint:

C

cellardweller

JB Weld will bond just about anything to anything. permanently. ...yes, fingers too..:wallbash:

S

squirrelfooker

Hot glue and spinning metal sounds like a disaster, not if, but when.

Latest posts

Latest posts