What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Garden Groom = A trimming machine for 3 pymts of $33 ???

P

Peat

While flipping thru the regular onslaught of infomercials this Sat morn, one caught my eye.

The Garden Groom looks to me like a scaled down trimmer. :chin:

www.BuyGardenGroom.com

:listen2: Check out the "Enclosed Cutting Head" / "Concealed Cutting Blade"...:yes:

Am I onto something???

S

stoned teacher

Looks good...I'd want to add some finer grid over the cutting blade to protect buds, but with that, i think it may just work! Good find...may have to pick one up....

P

Peat

Hey y'all! I wasn't sure if I was onto something, or not.
I don't really have the need for a trimmer.

:chin: Although, I guess most peeps with a need for a trimmer, would need a large trimmer. LOL

M

moses224

iM CURIOUS ABOUT THE GREEN BAGS THEY SELL. WONDER IF I COULD DRY MORE EFFICIENT WITH NO MOLD WORRIES

P

Peat

Heh! It took me a bit to find what you mean.
I didn't realize who we were dealing with here until I looked at the bottom of their page.
They do the Topsy Turvey Too! :crazy: :bow:

I wouldn't use the Green bags for "more efficient" drying.
But, we may have diff efficiencies...:D

Now, who's gonna be the first to buy one of these trimmers??? :confused:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
compared to the 10k+ b.s. trimmers that are around, it could be worth it. A bit too bulky for a person in my opinion or at least too bulky for me.

P

Peat

I was thinking maybe make a stand for it.
And, have the unit facing up.
Then, just run the buds over the unit.

The stand should solve the bulkiness issue. As, you wouldn't be handling the machine.

I think the key is what stoned teacher said.
We need a "finer grid over the cutting blade" :chin:

M

moses224

my concern is if its oversold meaning it works fine on woody ornamental shrubs but herb is so much finer...it would be a gamble to say the least IMO

P

Peat

LOL
Definately don't want to stick a finger / arm in there...

Do not try this at home! :yoinks:

S

stoned teacher

gardengroom2.jpg

Looking at the bottom of the garden grrom, you can see that the bottom screws right off, allowing for easy modification....I have a few ideas...not sure whether to use air duct vents like the trimpro uses or some metal wire grading....but either way the bottom of this looks easy to work with....

I actually think this is good for a midsized grow, that yeilds maybe a lb or two....I also think putting it down and letting it face up is the ticket....

http://products.howstuffworks.com/garden-groom-pro-electric-hedge-trimmer-review.htm
seems to work as advertised, and be enough for our application since it cuts branches up to a half inch thick....

I'll prolly pick one up and mess with it...gimme a few days...

P

Peat

gardengroom2.jpg

Looking at the bottom of the garden grrom, you can see that the bottom screws right off, allowing for easy modification....I have a few ideas...not sure whether to use air duct vents like the trimpro uses or some metal wire grading....but either way the bottom of this looks easy to work with....

I actually think this is good for a midsized grow, that yeilds maybe a lb or two....I also think putting it down and letting it face up is the ticket....

http://products.howstuffworks.com/garden-groom-pro-electric-hedge-trimmer-review.htm
seems to work as advertised, and be enough for our application since it cuts branches up to a half inch thick....

I'll prolly pick one up and mess with it...gimme a few days...

Nice pic, Teach!
That's the best look I've had of it!
It looks more sturdy than I first thought!
And if it can cut 1/2" branches, thats hardcore! :headbange

Sounds like you've got a couple of good ideas for modding that blade guard.
I was thinking along the lines of the HVAC vent covers, too!

I might have to get me one, too...:chin:

S

stoned teacher

Ordered....they're saying allow 2-6 weeks for delivery :(
I think this is gonna be real easy to mod a new grille for it that is more similar to the big pricey trimmers...

Carboy

Ya gotta play their cheesy hard sell video...
:listen2: Maybe hit the mute button & just check out the "Enclosed Cutting Head" / "Concealed Cutting Blade"...:yes:

Am I onto something???

This has the potential to be one of the best DIY ever.

There are 2 different models. 300 W and 500 W. Be great to kick some of that 10 12 15 thousand dollar ass, wouldn't it?

CB

Latest posts

Latest posts