Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Garden Groom = A trimming machine for 3 pymts of $33 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure the flowbee can't cut a hedge but I'm sure it could handle some leaves. They can be found on ebay easily for $20-$50.

Just an idea, I really have no idea if it's practical.

With all the MacGyvers on these forums I would think there is a diy to build your own from scratch. How hard could it be to get a motor and a blade and rig it all up.
    Originally posted by superbolan
    Keep your plants in the light and everyone else in the dark

Comment

Wow this is pure genius!
      ▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲► ▼◄▲►▼◄
      {150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary} (06/17/09)(ACTIVE)
      Stealth Dresser-250w HPS + 40w CFL ~ICE & Chrystal~ DWC LST (04/04/07)(ABORTED)
      400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG (04/09/06)(First Grow)(HARVESTED)
      ▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲► ▼◄▲►▼◄
      ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA

OG refugee

OverGrow GROW FAQ
      don't be pissed quit playin! hindsight is always 20/20..........change "if only" to "next time" and you're set homie! - USER NAME

Comment

Hey all - especially MajLeeStoned.....

the Garden Groom is on ebay also -- despite it being its first season, ebay has approx 30 as of today....prices range !! FYI
        sigpic

At any one time, there could be a combo of these lovely ladies lurking in my cave......

PurePower........Nirvana
        K-Train...........GreenHouse
        AK-47.............Serious
        Swt C 99...Dutchgrown

Comment

Three words for you boys: Electric lawn mower.

Turn the bitch upside down, get a replacement grate for a square BBQ grill, hit the corners with a weld (or strapping or conduit tape and some screws) and you've got a trimmer with some serious power for $150.

PLENTY of suction, relatively cheap, easy to remove blade for sharpening/cleaning.

Just seems like a no brainer. If suction, availability, and cost are your concerns, I think this route is better than modding out a garden groomer to make a half-assed trimmer with no suction when it's only going to save you maybe $50 and you'll end up spending 15min of out every trimming hour cleaning up and unclogging the thing because it has no suction.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhude View Post

Turn the bitch upside down, get a replacement grate for a square BBQ grill, hit the corners with a weld (or strapping or conduit tape and some screws) and you've got a trimmer with some serious power for $150.

PLENTY of suction, relatively cheap, easy to remove blade for sharpening/cleaning.

Just seems like a no brainer. If suction, availability, and cost are your concerns, I think this route is better than modding out a garden groomer to make a half-assed trimmer with no suction when it's only going to save you maybe $50 and you'll end up spending 15min of out every trimming hour cleaning up and unclogging the thing because it has no suction.

Sounds way to small and weak weak..I have an Army surplus jet engine that I have been welding man hole covers over for the trim screen.

A man sized trimmer for my micro grow

Pictures soon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Gorman

Comment

Originally posted by Dhude View Post

Wow, nice idea! This is definitely a great idea folks! K+ bro!

Originally posted by -StashBastard- View Post
              Sounds way to small and weak weak..I have an Army surplus jet engine that I have been welding man hole covers over for the trim screen.

A man sized trimmer for my micro grow

Pictures soon...
              Show off!
              sigpic

Bud's DGS Grow

I don't start it, I finish it. Remember that before you get disrespectful. If ya wouldn't say it in person, don't say it online. Some of you were obviously never taught the Golden Rule, google it!

Comment

I wonder how long it would last under the conditions on thc. I think it would gum up a little unless u cleaned it alot. Wonder if anyone will document 1 being used.

Comment

Yea! What's up with the reports on this one????? Nobody wants to report whether this worked or not? I would also be interested in the failure and why it failed if that is the case. I have decided to build a Do It Yourself and see how cheap I can make it. I am busy finishing a kitchen remodel right now but if I do build my own then I will make cut sheets showing everything I did to make the unit. Will still cost a lot but not no 15,000. Peace out.

Comment

i trimmed all the fans leaves by hand. took about 10 minutes. trimming on the groomer took about 5 minutes. an hours worth of work turned to 15 minutes. my garden groom has been a great investment. i have duct tape on both triggers. just plug her in and away we go. the garden groom rests on it side while at work no problem. before i could really test it, i was kind of skeptical and was doubting its use. i was wrong though, works great.

Only you can prevent forest fires.
                    I do not grow drugs. I grow medicine.

A Brother is a Friend given to you by Nature

Comment

wow!!! that doesn't look bad at all. Did it jam up a lot? What happen to all the trim? Did it just fall or did it blow all over? Good job and thanks for the review

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog11 View Post
                        wow!!! that doesn't look bad at all. Did it jam up a lot? What happen to all the trim? Did it just fall or did it blow all over? Good job and thanks for the review
                        no jamming at all. i have never saved the trim. i just give it to my friends old hippie dad and he makes hash. some of the trim went all over but the majority of it went in to the container. it's supposed to have a moderate type vacuum that sucks the leaves in.

Comment

So you did it without the vacuum attachment and most of the trim still stayed in a manageable pile? That sounds great! Did you have more problems with small nugs or did the grate you made work on all size buds?

Comment

i feel that it will only work for bigger nugs. tiny buds i don't even trim. i just leave the leaves on and let the dry and trim by hand after.

Comment

Yea, I thought that might be the case. However, for around $100.00 this could be a great investment. I got an outdoor crop coming in that has a good amount of bigger nugs. This seems like it could save a good amount of time. Here is a pic for fun.
                              Attached Files

Comment

my groomer set up would work great for those nugs

Comment

Working...
                                X