What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Bomb Shelter!

White

Navigator330 said:
The first two pics are of the room before, since completion it has been lined with panda all walls, ceiling and floor. RH is 45%

White: thanks for the tip.... running a line from the spigot and capping with one saves alot of work! I have a cable line trencher/bed cutter. Maybe i will rent a ditch witch this weekend and bury ABS way down. I can dump it 48" under and make it even with the roof of the bunker.

I measured the inside area since i only guessed. the floor is about 74" x 74". the second level of the wall extends that another 2 feet on each side. It would be neat to put the lights in the center down low and use the second set of walls as a stadium type setup having the outer edge of lights up higher.

Keep coming back, harvest is coming very soon. Im not sure if i will continue to grow down there seeing as once the snow comes it may be too cold, but its ok because my original goal was to find safety from LEO. Next spring i may start over and just use the bunker instead of endangering myself in my house again.

Yeah, that's perfect, a ditch witch would save a lot of time and calluses :smile: That's a great area, plenty of size especially if you do a stadium or SOG; I'm planning on a 6'x8' bunker next year w/ perpetual SOG. In my neck of the woods, I get 330 days of sunshine, so cold isn't a worry. Great setup man, that Hashberry looks real nice.:yummy:

How do you like Nirvana's Papaya? Thanks for the rep man. Good luck, can't wait for updates.

Peace,
White

nirvana's papaya was actually my girls choice, i told her to pick one strain and gave her a strict budget. I was just trying to apease her and wasnt expecting much, however it has proved to be a great strain with a great yield. Smells of whiskey and mango, good harvest time. A lil rough on the throat even with a good flush and cure. overall 20 bucks aint bad! She likes it, and is happy so im happy lol. Ditch witch is on reserve for saturday am. Water will be good no matter if i continue there or not. It's alway gonna be a great place to fall back on if i need it! I really need more space so hopefully i can find a bigger area and use this as a secondary locale.

White

Very nice. That's what's great about Nirvana, good genetics for a good price, glad to hear it confirmed again. I'm going with Nirvana's ICE and White Widow for my upcoming grow and still deciding between AK-48 or Jock Horror. I might have to get papaya soon :)

Good luck on the dig. I'll be putting sprinklers in this weekend at the house. I'll be thinking about your ditch witch as I'm swinging a pick :)

BTW, how are you connecting the ABS line to your source?

Peace,
White

Same way you do your sprinklers, used to be a landscaper :joint: Gonna get my torch and seal them!

UPDATE: had a small bud that i let dry for a week off the sativa hashberry pheno and it tastes of fuel and lemon pledge.

Last edited:
fuel and lemon pledge... yummy! that seems like a pretty strong taste for something that looks so great, maybe it will ease up a lil after curing for a longer time.

Hello All!

Last night i took a small sample off about 25% of my plants, labeled them and checked the trichs under a scope. Harvest is very near and i just want to make sure that everything gets the appropriate time under the sun!

Update! went out to the farm to take a look at my plants today. I have noticed the crazy foxtail hashberry has two male flowers on the buds. Plucked them carefully with tweezers, very odd especially in mandala genetics. I have omly had this happen a few times, usually my fualt back in the day. Low light etc... Now my setup is huge comparatively and i have more than enough light!

Well everyone, this grow is closing to an end and the shelter may be put to rest for winter soon. I am putting in the water lines tommorow. I will post updates and a full yield and smoke reports. I wish i would have started this log earlier, would have liked to gotten more peeps on this. It has been real nice to move from the hot temps of my old room!

tequila_sunrise

Navigator, your story reminds me of one I had seen in overgrow. Some guy had burried a 40' container in his back yard, put a shed ontop of it.

You can pick up those small sheds at home de-pot... or depending on your area, you might find one locally cheaper. Just throw the shed ontop of the entrance, and build a trap door.

Also, what is foxtailing? Does it refer to the way the leaves grow out of the bud? or is it the bud itself?

edit: Got any pics from the surface?

tequila_sunrise said:
Navigator, your story reminds me of one I had seen in overgrow. Some guy had burried a 40' container in his back yard, put a shed ontop of it.

You can pick up those small sheds at home de-pot... or depending on your area, you might find one locally cheaper. Just throw the shed ontop of the entrance, and build a trap door.

Also, what is foxtailing? Does it refer to the way the leaves grow out of the bud? or is it the bud itself?

Hey tequilla! tHAT is an awesome idea, the top side could be for Veg and shelter could flower only. May have to look into that! Thanks!

Foxtails refer to Sativa style buds when instead of being chunky fat indica buds, they are long and slender... Like so....

Hashberry with long foxtails
Thanks for tuning in!

Last edited:

White

Hey Nav,
Sounds like things are going well. Good luck on the harvest man. Smoke some Hashberry for me :joint:

Peace,
White

G

Navigator330 said:
I've been looking for that kind of coloration for a while.

Does it smell like phony grape? Like generic grape soda?

This is what one of mine looked like:

OK Folks Here She is, my crazy hashberry on her death bed! I really need to learn my camera better! Thanks to Mandala Mike and Crew for this beautiful plant!

I tried to capture the brilliant purples on her

These leaves show it much better!

She is way over an ounce dry im sure! 63 days of flowering, full of resin. She still smelled like fuely lemony pledge. The CAlyxes are friggin huge! I bet two of them will roll a fatty

Peanut butter: What strain is it the you pictured? The plant that i harvested yesterday was hashberry from mandala seeds.

Last edited:
G

Navigator330 said:
Peanut butter: Your pheno and mine are quite the same looking, my foxtails were huge however your pics are the closest to mine i have seen in all my searching. Do you have any details of yours? Clone/Seed? where were the seeds purchased from?

I purchased some White Widow seeds more than two years ago. Maybe three years.

I deleted all information about the transaction.

A year later I purchased some DP WW seeds. These had something of a grape smell also. But different. Under the same conditions they produced a white bud. When it matured just right the sugar leaves would turn purple on the underside.

This one the calaxes (sp?) would turn purple very soon after flowers started.

Here is a snap of a trimmed plant, grown hydro:

The other was a soil grow.

Anyway, I've always thought the first place sent me the wrong seeds. I had thought that it may be World Wide seeds. But I've just found World of seeds. It may have been them that I ordered from the first time.

World wide seeds dot com just goes to some weird place.

sooo I keep looking for a match.

Not really enough light and non organic. Used commercial potting soil + miracle grow tomato for veg and mg bloom for flower. Shot of gravity while in flower.

Hydro used a e&f setup. same basic nutes with a couple of small tweeks.

G

And she hermies real easy.

I had problems with people breaking into my grow over and over again.

Every time they would hit my place they would turn on lights and leave them on. Two weeks later seed formation would start.

I saved some of the seeds .. but when the cops raided my place I lost track of which seeds were which.

BTW both versions of ww would foxtail nicely.

Last edited:
Pure jealousy

Pure jealousy

Navigator, you lucky bastard!! :laughing:

Little did our god-fearing, straight arrow, pinko commie hating, paranoid forebearers know that they were building the perfect the best growroms on the planet.

First a question, can you describe or post pics of the design of the ventilation system? Did the orig builder disguise or protect the in and out takes at all?

The other thing is that when I heard about the perfectly preserved period equipment and literature you found in there a suggestion came to mind. Instead of selling the stuff on ebay, you could consider preserving it yourself and keeping it for a time when you are no longer growing in there and can publicly associate the shelter with the materials found therein. It may be much more valuable in the future to a local preservationist or even a future buyer of the property than it would be to a collector on ebay. Just had to toss in my $0.02.

Lucky @#$%er!!

de Toke

G

Very nice grow. Sometimes mine would have a kind of pine smell (rarely). Never lemon.

Sounds like close but no cookies.

thanks
da nut