What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Shot of the closet from last week. NYCD on the left (looks like a good month left, will probably finish with about a 10-12 week flowering time), Flo in the middle (see my jerry-rigged scrog screen) and Thai stick sativa on the right.

nycdflothai.JPG

Also note that with the newest crop of Flo I've switched from netpots and hydroton to Jiffy peat pellets and Jiffy fiber pots.
:rasta:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
finally... week nine shots...

finally... week nine shots...

just a splash of purple...

sensistar x pimmp, looks good dont it?

chemDkush

sativa dom stankhash, doesnt look like it'll be finished in 10 weeks

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran

another if you didnt see the test grow thread for these, blue mystic pheno of stankonia. ive pretty much banged out what i might run next probably an assorment of the following:

OKGA-C99xPIMMP/CherryChunk
(Bubba S1 x Blue Sonja)xP/CC
C99 f4/f6s
Snowdog Kush
Green Goddess

the PIMMP/CherryChunk means that either a P male or a CC late pollen sack created the beans with the mom. im hoping for various potent girls to come out of these crosses. Theyll prolly be min/no veg and straight into 12/12 as im clearing room with some of these and just testing out others.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i trimmed my purps plant last night. it had been hangin for a week in dry box. i only had 1 seed and luckily it was a hardy female. it ended up throwin nanners cuz of a led light i forgot to tape over on my climate controller. i plucked as i saw, but apparently i missed some cuz i was gifted 6 seeds from her. high five!

L

lostinethereal

Something to share

Something to share

Finally got something sort of worth showing, this is my only girly at day 27 of 12/12, around 37 days since breaking ground. Under 2x 40w CFLs (2,650 lumens each) in ~0.9125 ft^2 (11w * 9d).

I originally planted a few seeds (bag seed) with a box and the supplies (mostly) to turn it into a cab, as incentive to get it set up. For the first few days above ground they were only lit by a 23w tube too far ahead they had to really stretch for, then transplanted to soil from the jiffy rooters probably a week later, basically I never assumed any one of those would make it all that far. Got the cab setup and switched 'em to 12/12, this girl was the runt with the mutated leaves lol, and now the only one standing.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Looking hairy and resiny, LIE.
You take any clones? Or you gonna use bought seeds for your next run? :joint:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yo bird, here's the VC.

VC #2
12674VC2-med.jpeg

VC #2 Clone (i transplanted into moonshine mix at about 6-7 in. and look how much it stretched with no training.)
12674VC2clone-med.jpeg

L

lostinethereal

Bababooey said:
Looking hairy and resiny, LIE.
You take any clones? Or you gonna use bought seeds for your next run? :joint:

No, I didn't take any cuttings this time around. I thought maybe I would to salvage her after over watering a couple times and I was pretty sure root rot was going to set in, it never did and ever since then I've been taking care of her properly. I was also thinking I didn't have anywhere to set the cutting but I guess they require low light and can go just about anywhere before they root?

I plan on ordering some seeds for the next go, I was originally thinking feminized seeds so I can just plant one, veg it for a couple of weeks to fill out a screen and flip her to 12/12 and not have to worry about anything.. But it's hard to narrow it down, I think I might just get whatever I want (something cheapish though) and plant a couple seeds and hope for a good female each time, and I 'spose a male wouldn't hurt either to collect some pollen.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
looking good good, are you sing the VC#2 as a mom? wow that clone took off, so does that mean the vietnamese side dominates the cross?

lostinethereal, ever try any trainwreck before? :laughing:

L

lostinethereal

abirdintheair said:
lostinethereal, ever try any trainwreck before? :laughing:

No I haven't had the pleasure. But a buddy of mine had gotten an eight or so if it awhile back and found 3 seeds he kept them and when I asked if I could have 'em he couldn't find them in his nasty house!

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
that must suck. i recently re-found these 2 beans i got on my last vacation. a friend of mine knows connects from below the border and had some mids that were lime green and purple, smelled killer but you could tell it had been chopped and then sitting for sometime. it was pretty decent smoke, so now that ive found the beans hopefully i can get a male and a female like with my DPBS.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
nice original, like koopa said let us know if they make it okay.

koopa, i see your flying the flag all over :rasta: ill be over there as well soon. if that carrier pigeon makes it back alright you guys will be seeing some sour bubble :D