What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

G

This is train wreck,i think it may be steve tucks version. i have to ask R.W...i think he crossed (deepchunk x train wreck)= deepwreck. Im not sure how or what woodhorse used for their T.W..

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
ohhh ok, the tuck cut, gotcha now. hillybilly dreams trainwreck was used by woodhorse, theres a thread on it under strains and hybrids.

What up New to the IC worl... Wondering if anyone knows any real good SCROG strains. Im thinking of trying that setup with a 400HPS. Any ideas??

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Oscuridad: Those buds look dank. Please post some harvest shots when they come down...

Whatevercomes: Your lineup sounds interesting and varied. Must be hard to keep track of those girls. I'm interested in GHS too; lot of people badmouth them cause they don't like Arjan, personally i think the proof is in the pudding...

Sven: Nice buds. Did you bubble the trim?

Raythat: Ak47/C99 sounds delicious. You ever had AK before? I know Orion from this forum popped a few of those beans, but he got mad at us for giving him advice on his pics re: removing hps orange and rarely posts now.

ABITA: That trainwreck looks so frosty it's ridiculous. That's "Clip off a fan leaf and smoke it" frosty!

JimiH: You guys talking about all these different cuts is way over my head. You guys must run in some pretty elite circles...

Murderapolis: In my admittedly limited experience, any strain with a decent stretch should do ok in scrog. I would think most strains, dialed in properly, would give you a decent stretch (unless it's a specifically low stretch strain, like lowryder). My Flo's are 10 days old and they're growing quite vigorously, quadrupled in size and I believe this should continue for another 2-3 weeks, so they should more than fill out a screen once i put one in (which should be sometime this week):

After and before shots of the closet (10 days apart). My problem was over-nuting: once i stopped it, my girls are taking off (buy an ec pen, the best 50-70 bucks you'll ever spend!).
Update on the nycd/thai: 3/10 germ ratio held, although a fourth seed was about to pop after 96 hours, but I won't count that. :rasta: So germ ratio under 50%, but I have a buttload of seeds. I also watercured them, so I'm surprised any pop at all.

Oscuridad

hey Babba, no problem man.. you will definitely see plentiful shots as they finish up.

Gotta say it.. Nirvana gear has never been a major letdown, aside from a few phenos here & there. I know it's typically noobish to praise their f2/outcross work, but fact is for the price there are some nice specs to be found when you pop 2 or 3 packs.

The junk lower clippings from the Jock & Ice both taste great already, just hacking them off and grabbing from the crusty pile 4 or 5 days later.. honestly better than the somewhat bland DSD.

maybe I've alreayd said it but the DSD mums from the cuts we've got were pretty far from spectacular, nothing but a generic skunky slight diesel flavor until they're dried and cured a good 3-4 weeks off the tree when the sweetness that defined their smell the whole time finally re-emerges a bit.

Maybe the cuts will be better this time.. they've liked the lower ferts and cooler temps.

Last edited:

astartes

Oscuridad ---

I've heard the same about the DSD from a number of people. It seems like there's too much phenotypic variation with the in cross to find a bunch of winners in each pack like the original Strawberry Diesel. At least for the price you can pick up a few packs and go hunting. That's quite a pain though if you're cramped for room. That's the one reason I haven't opened my pack of DSD yet.

astartes

Whats up my fellow midwestern growers just came out of retirement and found this thread so I figured I would jump in, feels so good to be back after a little over a year and a half off. here are some pics from my last grow with my old setup just a 400w tent with some cfls for veg.

Swazi Skunk

Skunk #1

Some random bagseed

My old Mother/Seedling/Clone Cab

White Label Seeds White Widow right before the chop!

And some Madala Seeds - Satori

Hopefully I will be able to post some pics here soon from my new setup, I will be using 2x600W Digital Ballasts With Aircooled Hoods, A 400w MH for Veg, 6xT8 6700K Floros for Clones and Seedlings. Ive also got a 175 CFM inline fan to bring fresh air into the room and a 424 cfm fan to exaust air out of the room through a carbon scrubber. oh i forgot to mention the dimensions of the room are 8Wx13Lx7H part of which will be sectioned off for a veg area. More info to come soon hopefully.

Word... I found 3 seeds out of a bag of gravitys Im planning on growing. But Im not sure to use them because I think the seeds might come out hermies... Im pretty sure the people who grow this kbnow what they are doing i think they might of just stresed out the plant a little or something. Should I try to plant these seeds or should I order online? Any ideas?

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
if you liked the smoke then pop em. if you're right on them being from stress then they should be female. you will have to keep an eye out for nanners tho and pluck as they appear if they do. for growing out personal smoke, its not a big deal to pluck nanners, i mean hey, sometimes u miss some that u couldn't see and get like 5-6 beans off a plant and thats nice too!

well hello fellow midwest growers. cant believe i never noticed this thread before.

from michigan i see a few more from here also cool.

CryptiC

Hey Im a new grower.. currently started my first grow from bagseed.

I also started a grow show, pics will be up within a few days, its in the micro grow section.

From michigan as well, its going to be hard watching the wings, and paying attention to my ladies >.>

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Oscuridad: I've heard more than once that some people who have popped a lot of seeds, the most potent plant they found was from a pack of $15 Nirvana beans. Can't knock them, and at a little over a hundred bucks for a 6 pack, if a newbie grower buys that, he'll be set for years.

Smokingglass: Nice setup! How's the smoke on those girls, or are those your first runs with em? What medium are you using? I'd say either coco or hydro, my guess.
I like your setup: different lights for veg, flower and clone. If I ever move up, I'll use my 2 400's for veg/mother and buy 2 600's or even 1000's, though that's probably overkill (but it'd be nice to have such a plentiful supply!).
So your vent and intake are direct to outside? What do you do in the winter, if you're concerned with bringing very cold air into the room?

Murderapolis: A Nirvana 6pack from seedbay would be a great start. Or pm me once you're able and I can hook you up with some nycd/thai seeds. The germ rate sucks and the flowering time may be excessive (the Thai was 20+ weeks, but the nycd should bring it down a lot, maybe 12-16 weeks?).
What's gravitys, a type of weed? If it was dank and you liked the smoke, then do what dontstep said and go ahead and plant them. I dont think 3 seeds is indicative of a major herm problem, maybe she's just sensitive to light leaks...

Update on the closet: In a moment of stoner revelation two days ago, I realized I hadnt lowered the lights since I raised them ages ago because of the stupid super tall thai. So I lowered the lights and the girls are loving it, they were like over 3 feet away from the tubs now they're a little over a foot away. The way the small ones are growing makes me think i almost have the nutes dialed in. And I'm realizing i have lots of open space and light that's being wasted, so I'm gonna fill each tub with 6-7 clones instead of 3. Then I might achieve close to a gram a watt (thats hard to measure though since i have 4 tubs, with different strains, being harvested at different times) once I maximize my available space.

growlife

nothern midwest grower here on the south shore of the big lake

havent hung out here to much but reeferman shut his forum and site down so i am looking for a new place to hang

peace GROWLIFE

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
welcome growlife. if you were following reef's forums does that mean youre a reef collector? i got kodiak gold, potent purple, tropical timewarp, and one or 2 more to preserve in f2s. gotta love that big lake up there though :joint:

growlife

i have bohdi ,epk,eii,bcgold and should have willie sourd and applepie on the way just trying to find some killer shit not just good

growlife

astartes

Murda crew, there's a damn good giveaway going on by JLP. A generous soul whose crosses always turn out golden. I had a chance to run his Mississippi Mud and it was top notch as expected.

Here's the link for the Sour D x OG Kush f2 giveaway. Just make sure that you qualify before you PM him. Last ones went in less than a day so don't lay back!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101215

If the link is closed when you click on it, that means JLP closed it out and all the freebies are gone.

Peace crew and good luck getting em

astartes

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Astartes: thanks for the link but dammit I missed them! How do i always manage to miss these giveaways... :bashhead:

Growlife: welcome to the good ol' midwest. I think Raythat from this forum has some reeferman stuff, i know he mentioned early purple kush...

Koopa: That's quite a lineup! You're gonna have to post smoke reports...

Cryptic: let us know when you start up your thread and post a link here. Not too much of a hockey fan myself, although you gotta respect the wings and what they've done the last decade or so.

:joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
Bababooey said:
Astartes: thanks for the link but dammit I missed them! How do i always manage to miss these giveaways... :bashhead:

i call bullshit, as of my post the threads still open = not missed... so why lie? :joint: