Re-veg thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-veg thread

Since it seems many people have questions regarding re-vegging,I thought it might be a good idea to gather opionions in one place.
    I have been a re-vegger for about 20 years now, so, it really works!
    I do not trim rootballs immediatly, if I can help it, I think trauma above and below is just to much for them. I also believe a rather dim flouro is better than bright intense light, as they just use the light as a trigger at this point,they are not actively growing.Please contribute your methods.Or feel free to ask any questions.
    Last edited by sunnydog; 11-10-2007, 21:24.
    SD

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
    Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
    Give the pot a good watering.
    Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
    Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
    Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
    Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

some old pics of mine.

pre harvest.

next was the harvest

A few days later, and some LST training

Shes bushy as Hell!

And then pythium got to this girl before i could flower her again.

NEVER STOP USING BACTILUS SUBTILUS in DWC.
    All-In-One Flowering Cabinet, Veg Cabinet, & Secret Jardin Intense.
    9 Quart Oil Drain Pan + Small Pump = Automated Watering Table
    LST Pictorial = Timelapse Clone to Harvest!

Guaranteed Minimum Analysis, Elemental NPK Profile and Ingredient List of 50+ Nutrient Products!

Comment

I harvested the plant and left three decent-sized popcorn nuggets at the base of the plant. I stuck her under 18/6 for a day or so, then chopped her rootball down to about 25% of it's original size. She makes a wonderful mom, a veritable clone factory...

Directly after the chop:

5 Weeks Later:
      sigpic

Panop '09: Make 'Em Bend (CH9's Double X, Flower and Jack)
      Panop '09: Cool as a Fan (CH9 Mendocino and Mandala Kalichakra)
      Panop '09: Back Inaction (Mandala Satori & Kalichakra, Nirvana Ice, CH9 Hashplant)
      harvested mid-April

Old Threads:
      Microgrowin' with Panop: Bubbleicious & NLxWR • Snow White Micro Grow: Round 1, Round 2 & Round 3
      Panopticab: 150w HPS or 252w CFL cabinet • Spindle Cloner - Cloning made hella-simple

Other Good Reads:
      NPKMandala Appreciation Grow 2009 Sammet's House of Plastic GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!
      Re-veg threadGood tincture infoButane Honey Oil for Dummies

Comment

I reveged a Sour Diesel plant and it was a piece of cake. Trimmed the root ball and re-potted to a smaller pot. Left a few stems, branches, and leaves. Put her on 24/0 for about two weeks, then 18/6 for a few more weeks, and potted her back up when she needed it. Bushed out like crazy. And had buds all over the place at harvest. Yes, folks, it truly does work. And the rewards are great.

Comment

well i haven't been reveging for 20 years but i do it a little different...i have had 100 percent success...i harvested and reveged a bogged widow 4 times...im glad you made a thread about this because most are not evn aware they can do this...peace

Comment

White russian Re-vegging....

SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
            Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Originally posted by brainthor
              im glad you made a thread about this because most are not evn aware they can do this
              Totally...

One of the things I like about re-vegging is the fact that you can wait until harvest time to see which phenotype you like best out of a seed grow.

I have a small veg cabinet and I wouldn't have room for any other strains if I had to take a clone from every seed plant to see which was male, which produced more, had a better buzz, etc... I can just pick my favorite, reveg her, and keep her as a mom.

I ultimately would like to have 10 or more of my favorite strains ready to clone and flower at will. Kinda like a big weed vending machine...
              sigpic

Panop '09: Make 'Em Bend (CH9's Double X, Flower and Jack)
              Panop '09: Cool as a Fan (CH9 Mendocino and Mandala Kalichakra)
              Panop '09: Back Inaction (Mandala Satori & Kalichakra, Nirvana Ice, CH9 Hashplant)
              harvested mid-April

Old Threads:
              Microgrowin' with Panop: Bubbleicious & NLxWR • Snow White Micro Grow: Round 1, Round 2 & Round 3
              Panopticab: 150w HPS or 252w CFL cabinet • Spindle Cloner - Cloning made hella-simple

Other Good Reads:
              NPKMandala Appreciation Grow 2009 Sammet's House of Plastic GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!
              Re-veg threadGood tincture infoButane Honey Oil for Dummies

Comment

I hope people can learn from this,or at least see the possibilities.
                If more people "get this" there will be less "strains lost forever".
                Last edited by sunnydog; 11-11-2007, 09:51.
                SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Comment

Hey everyone

What do you do with ferts? What do you feed? When do you feed? How much do you feed?

I want to re-veg two or three of the best from my current grow. I plan on cloning later and making the jump to hydro. I don't want to eff it up. Thanks all.

Comment

I grow in FFOF soil. After I trim the roots and put them in a smaller pot, I'll use Liquid Karma, PBP Grow, and PBP Flower. All at 1/2 strength to start, but maybe the flower a little higher to help the roots out a bit. Then as I go along, I'll step up the Grow amount and back off the Flower amount until it's all veg'd out. Hope that helped.

Comment

Great thread. This is perfect, grow out a couple seeds every once and awhile, keep somethin if she's a true keeper. It's hard with all the elites around, so many to try. We all have to keep poppin them, keep searchin for the new Chemdawg, OG, Whateva..

I'm searchin for the one that takes me to the girl in the red dress from the matrix

Gotta question. Say I finish in a 3-gallon pot, how much do I trim? What size pot do I switch to?

Comment

Hey AbbieDoobie, Yup, thats what I needed. Thank you.

I have some Pure Blend Original Bloom, Big Bloom, and Grow Big....(Also some Tiger Bloom). Should I do any thing different with the nutes that I have?

Comment

If you are trimming back the roots and putting it in a smaller pot, the momma will be a bit stressed. So, I wouldn't use too much Grow Big at first, just half strength every other watering. I'd do that until she starts to veg out nicely and you can sense that she can handle the grow ferts a bit more. Also, if you potting her in fresh soil, like FFOF, that stuff already has nice ferts in it, so go easy on additional ferts for about two weeks or so. Of the Blooms you have, I'd probably pick Big Bloom, and give her some of that at first, so the roots can heal. Big Bloom is pretty easy on plants. Roots like the 'P' from the NPK, that's Phosphorous, and it is helpful for root development. But, after about a week or two, you can back off from that, and concentrate more on the grow ferts. The Tiger Bloom I'd wait until you are a couple weeks into flower. I haven't used Original Bloom, so I can't comment. Good luck, bro.

~Abbie

Comment

Thanks again, Abbie. You rock!

Comment

Good revegg thread:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=26290

Comment

Working...
                              X