What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Re-veg thread

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Since it seems many people have questions regarding re-vegging,I thought it might be a good idea to gather opionions in one place.
I have been a re-vegger for about 20 years now, so, it really works!
I do not trim rootballs immediatly, if I can help it, I think trauma above and below is just to much for them. I also believe a rather dim flouro is better than bright intense light, as they just use the light as a trigger at this point,they are not actively growing.Please contribute your methods.Or feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
some old pics of mine.

pre harvest.

next was the harvest

A few days later, and some LST training

Shes bushy as Hell!

And then pythium got to this girl before i could flower her again.

NEVER STOP USING BACTILUS SUBTILUS in DWC.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I harvested the plant and left three decent-sized popcorn nuggets at the base of the plant. I stuck her under 18/6 for a day or so, then chopped her rootball down to about 25% of it's original size. She makes a wonderful mom, a veritable clone factory...

Directly after the chop:
23457swrevegday2.jpg

5 Weeks Later:
23457revegweek5.jpg

AbbieDoobie

I reveged a Sour Diesel plant and it was a piece of cake. Trimmed the root ball and re-potted to a smaller pot. Left a few stems, branches, and leaves. Put her on 24/0 for about two weeks, then 18/6 for a few more weeks, and potted her back up when she needed it. Bushed out like crazy. And had buds all over the place at harvest. Yes, folks, it truly does work. And the rewards are great.

G

well i haven't been reveging for 20 years but i do it a little different...i have had 100 percent success...i harvested and reveged a bogged widow 4 times...im glad you made a thread about this because most are not evn aware they can do this...peace

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
brainthor said:
im glad you made a thread about this because most are not evn aware they can do this

Totally...

One of the things I like about re-vegging is the fact that you can wait until harvest time to see which phenotype you like best out of a seed grow.

I have a small veg cabinet and I wouldn't have room for any other strains if I had to take a clone from every seed plant to see which was male, which produced more, had a better buzz, etc... I can just pick my favorite, reveg her, and keep her as a mom.

I ultimately would like to have 10 or more of my favorite strains ready to clone and flower at will. Kinda like a big weed vending machine...

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
I hope people can learn from this,or at least see the possibilities.
If more people "get this" there will be less "strains lost forever".

Last edited:

Green Floyd

Hey everyone :wave:

What do you do with ferts? What do you feed? When do you feed? How much do you feed? :bashhead:

I want to re-veg two or three of the best from my current grow. I plan on cloning later and making the jump to hydro. I don't want to eff it up. Thanks all.

AbbieDoobie

I grow in FFOF soil. After I trim the roots and put them in a smaller pot, I'll use Liquid Karma, PBP Grow, and PBP Flower. All at 1/2 strength to start, but maybe the flower a little higher to help the roots out a bit. Then as I go along, I'll step up the Grow amount and back off the Flower amount until it's all veg'd out. Hope that helped.

G

gratefuldawg

Great thread. This is perfect, grow out a couple seeds every once and awhile, keep somethin if she's a true keeper. It's hard with all the elites around, so many to try. We all have to keep poppin them, keep searchin for the new Chemdawg, OG, Whateva..

I'm searchin for the one that takes me to the girl in the red dress from the matrix:)

Gotta question. Say I finish in a 3-gallon pot, how much do I trim? What size pot do I switch to?

Green Floyd

Hey AbbieDoobie, Yup, thats what I needed. Thank you.

I have some Pure Blend Original Bloom, Big Bloom, and Grow Big....(Also some Tiger Bloom). Should I do any thing different with the nutes that I have?

AbbieDoobie

If you are trimming back the roots and putting it in a smaller pot, the momma will be a bit stressed. So, I wouldn't use too much Grow Big at first, just half strength every other watering. I'd do that until she starts to veg out nicely and you can sense that she can handle the grow ferts a bit more. Also, if you potting her in fresh soil, like FFOF, that stuff already has nice ferts in it, so go easy on additional ferts for about two weeks or so. Of the Blooms you have, I'd probably pick Big Bloom, and give her some of that at first, so the roots can heal. Big Bloom is pretty easy on plants. Roots like the 'P' from the NPK, that's Phosphorous, and it is helpful for root development. But, after about a week or two, you can back off from that, and concentrate more on the grow ferts. The Tiger Bloom I'd wait until you are a couple weeks into flower. I haven't used Original Bloom, so I can't comment. Good luck, bro.

~Abbie :joint:

G

I have a afgan goo x trainwreck cross that i am revegging 4 sure she is so pretty i want to put my hand up her skirt heheheheh :spank:

he she is 2 wks ago getting all plumb and juicy

:headbange

rr14

guys. I have a ebb and flow hydro setup. I have plenty of room for roots at the current time. Do I need to trim back the roots? Won't a larger root ball allow even quicker growth once these things are revegged?

How long is it taking your plants to start revegging and new growth to appear once you switch to 18/6?

How many budsites do you leave untrimmed on your plants? Would leaving more make things happen more quickly(more new growth once it is revegged)?

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
guys. I have a ebb and flow hydro setup. I have plenty of room for roots at the current time. Do I need to trim back the roots? Won't a larger root ball allow even quicker growth once these things are revegged?

How long is it taking your plants to start revegging and new growth to appear once you switch to 18/6?

How many budsites do you leave untrimmed on your plants? Would leaving more make things happen more quickly(more new growth once it is revegged)?

I DO NOT touch the roots until new growth has solidly begun.
Leave as much growth as possible.
Use 24 hr. light.
Can take from 2-6 weeks to re-vert, sometimes,never.
And it's always the one you REALLY WANT, soooo, take clones,too!

SD:joint:

Last edited:

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
i was told that re vegging is the only way to have a true mother plant because that's how you get generations of the same plant and it supposedly gets more potent the older the mother that's what i was told by the guy that educated me on the OMMP and he's who got me into growing he was pretty stern with his answer too but i take in all info false or tru just to know what all is said and proven.

onahah

The Nice Lookin Spots Left behind :(

The Nice Lookin Spots Left behind :(

What do you do with i the spots you left behind look so good you want to cut them? Do you have to leave em :(