What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Re-veg thread

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
yeah i was told to just leave the little chicken shit buds behind theyl grow bunches of new branches

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
i was told that re vegging is the only way to have a true mother plant because that's how you get generations of the same plant and it supposedly gets more potent the older the mother that's what i was told by the guy that educated me on the OMMP and he's who got me into growing he was pretty stern with his answer too but i take in all info false or tru just to know what all is said and proven.
Firmly,NOT TRUE.

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
So like, what's up if one of your revegs starts putting out trifoliate clones? It wasn't a trifoliate before so I don't know... It's really weird. The clones are sick as hell though, I might have to make a mother out of one of them. I've had a trifoliate before but it was a male so yeah didn't keep it around long. In the end I couldn't tell the difference between it and the rest of it's brethren. Hopefully these keep their structure?

But yeah, revegging in coco was easy as 1, 2, 3. A lot easier than I thought it was gonna be. Never had to trim down the rootball either.

B.Grant

Since it seems many people have questions regarding re-vegging,I thought it might be a good idea to gather opionions in one place.
I have been a re-vegger for about 20 years now, so, it really works!
I do not trim rootballs immediatly, if I can help it, I think trauma above and below is just to much for them. I also believe a rather dim flouro is better than bright intense light, as they just use the light as a trigger at this point,they are not actively growing.Please contribute your methods.Or feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks for the info. Sunnydog! Very, very helpful!

C

cork144

picture.php

31st dec 08

picture.php

22nd jan 09

she started showing new growth after 8 days.

how do you guys hang your buds up if they're not on branches anymore? Also, do you have to leave buds...is there any way to take the buds off and still leave petioles and leaves?

Thanks

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
ooooo I wanna join the re veg club.

here is my befor and after.

the 1 in the white pot is the cheese strain. botton right is dank bagseed. the 1 inthe blue tub is a kinda purpl dank bud on it. bottom 1 on the right in the red pot in a super super dooper dank bud that also turned purple.:woohoo:
picture.php

after the chop down.
picture.php

1 of the plants a bit closer.
picture.php

2 days later a new leaf starts to grow.
picture.php

so does there look to be enough leaf/growth on them to re grow them for a 2ed harvest.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
If there's enough growth on my little clone to reveg, your plants should be easy. There's a lot of bare stem on the lower parts of them though. You could try gradually burying it a bit deeper each time you replant.

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
i think generally you just want to harvest 3/4 of the plant from the top down,like just chop main stok 3 nodes or so up from the very bottom node and leave all the little chicken shit buds on the branches left.

~fvk~

Use low light levels.:joint:
You want to trigger growth, not burn it out.

Yeah, gonna have to agree with that. I let mine do as they pleased under say 150 watts of RED spectrum fluoros and they came back like nothing ever happened...

Gist

hey everyone,

Good thread. Revegging opens the door to so many options. I am trying to reveg a few girls right now because they were exceptional plants. I could not clone every plant and keep track of them to find that ‘special’ one. Much easier to grow them all out and reveg the special ones.

Up till now, I’ve had mixed results revegging. I am under growing under 12/12 sun. Does anyone have any experience revegging outdoors?

peace

~fvk~

I like taking clones in veg, revegging is somewhat like a last resort for me... And I took my lifeline...