What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

bushed

Your first grow is looking great Cehster, they look more on the Sativa side, you can tell from the thin shape of the leaves. You can expect them to continue to stretch as they flower. It looks like your in for a decent yield for your space to me, what light are you using?

The biggest fastest growing plants will almost always be males, they will also normally be the first to show sex. A slight burn to the tops at the early stage can be strangely beneficial a bit like topping a plant.

I'm not too sure about up potting as my 12/12 from seed grows were in Coco using 1l pots, you can get away with much smaller pot sizes with coco. I would say in your case it would make sense to up pot once they show sex to the biggest pot possible, it seems important to let the roots spread out in soil.

Your first grow is looking great Cehster, they look more on the Sativa side, you can tell from the thin shape of the leaves. You can expect them to continue to stretch as they flower. It looks like your in for a decent yield for your space to me, what light are you using?

The biggest fastest growing plants will almost always be males, they will also normally be the first to show sex. A slight burn to the tops at the early stage can be strangely beneficial a bit like topping a plant.

I'm not too sure about up potting as my 12/12 from seed grows were in Coco using 1l pots, you can get away with much smaller pot sizes with coco. I would say in your case it would make sense to up pot once they show sex to the biggest pot possible, it seems important to let the roots spread out in soil.

Oh. I'm a bit flattered ;). Had a bit of panic when the mess together with the burn was a bit uncontrolable - but I just HAD to find the sexes Before I dared to sort anythong out.

I don't know if you can see it but I have bendings all over to spread out branches to get light to what I reas as possible buds. So you tell me that it will continue to grow considerable in size even if the veg phase ended? Will it delvelop new bud nodes as well?

I'm prepared to handle this and its 'clean' now compared to the mess I had. So as soon as it get Close to the lamp I just adjust by tying the bransches, aiming at light to many parts? Like that?

The lamp was part of the kit (tent, fans, filter etc.) I bought. It is this one <https://www.todogrowled.com/gb/tgl-led-grow-lights/1-led-grow-light-tgl-star-60.html>

bushed

Yes you have done the right thing by spreading out the branches, by keeping them at around the same height you enable all your tops to grow evenly. It's hard to tell if all the nodes on each branch are formed, but I would presume they have. So no new nodes but the tops will continue to grow in length and the space between the nodes will continue to stretch, how much exactly is strain dependent.

Coco is a hydrophobic medium that's made from coconut husks, if you live in mainland Europe you've more than certainly eaten tomatoes grown in it. It's great for micro grows because you can grow big plants in small pots. I have moved to organic soil now though, I find it much easier, more forgiving and get better results. I also have a small area for mums and veg, it's still a microspace (not quite as micro as your space) but I just grow 2 - 4 plants under my 250w instead of 10-15 single cola plants started from seed.

Thank's for useful info. Perhaps I've more quests around 12 12 to seed when it's time to start my next project. Just a short quest concerning my on-going:

Forgot the term for the big leaves but if such a leave shade some top with promising tops beneath… ...should I remove them or are they of big importance to keep the plant fresh and healthy? I can spot some possible tops in the lower vegitation I would like get into light.

bushed

Someone did a side by side on here comparing aggressive defoliation against non. They found the defoliated plant yeilded slightly less. I take the odd leaf out here and there if I feel plants are getting crowded out but I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Someone did a side by side on here comparing aggressive defoliation against non. They found the defoliated plant yeilded slightly less. I take the odd leaf out here and there if I feel plants are getting crowded out but I wouldn't worry about it to much.

I've read the linked article. Seems to be good info around the subject. I will have a look today and will be very careful. Just remove if there's a chance to expose some of the lower buds.

I don't want to brag but with all the problems this newbie had in this very first grow in mind, what I see right now seems pretty pretty good and promising. Doesn't it?

B

BRASH

Attachments

• 20200901_124315.jpg
    20200901_124315.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 50

cowboyman

I've never tried it, but I saw many positive opinions about this growth plan.

Giving a 12/12 light schedule from seed is a great way to create tiny “bud stick” plants, which may be perfect for a small stealthy garden. When modified slightly, the same basic technique can create bigger plants and bigger yields while adding little to no extra time before harvest. I would love to grow it myself, but since I'm very busy and I have no time for it, I just order my favorite products from 2one2dispensary.com, which stands for San Francisco Cannabis Dispensary, located in San Francisco financial district. It would be a dream come true to be able to grow it myself, and I hope some day I will make it happen, so thanks for the program.

Boocoodinkydow

“ Giving a 12/12 light schedule from seed is a great way to create tiny “bud stick” plants, which may be perfect for a small stealthy garden.”

Oh contraire, dear sir!

picture.php
picture.php

This plant was grown with a 12/12 light schedule from seed using a single nutrient throughout the grow cycle being bottom fed with a swick system using coco/perlite medium. It was often left unattended for up to 3 weeks at a time. It took over more than half my grow box which measures 6’x4’x2’. Check out my journal linked below for additional details.

I commenced this 12/12 light schedule from seed system in an effort to keep plants small and compact so I could grow a diverse variety of plants simultaneously in a small area. I failed miserably to this end, but admittedly, it’s difficult to label a plant of this stature a failure!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Been there done that! Now I grow from cuttings. I give them LED shop lights for 24/7. I grow them until they are very near the lights, about 2 feet. Then I transplant from 6" pots to 16" and place them in 12/12.
The last few bunches of seeds that I bought were not too impressive. High failure rates. Read my posts on Dairy Queen and UTZ cheeseball containers. Works perfectly well for cuttings.

Unsainted

Hey guys how you doing, I used to love checking in on this forum way back in 2008/09 when I was previously on the icmag forums under the name noexcuses. I got a ton of information from this thread back in the day and just wanted to pass on my thanks to hal for starting it up, great post buddy.

Latest posts

Latest posts