What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your freaks and mutants

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
trifoliated seedling from kali china x kerala chellakutti. spotted also a second one.

picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Not quite all, some are quads too :)
Lol only 1 in 3 are trifoliar, of the rest, some are quads, some don't pop at all and the rest are normal bifoliar

G

That's interesting GMT! 1/3 is very high, have you selected for multiple generations?

Always wondered if it could be made stable

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yes, so many I've lost count, more than a dozen is all I can say for sure. I wondered the same thing. Which is why I started. I have limited space, so my numbers are limited. I needed a trait that could be identified quickly in order to speed up the selection process. Which is why I chose one that could be identified at birth rather than at harvest.
People claim to be able to lock in new traits within a few generations. Others talk about evolution being bullshit. I say bullshit to both, and this is my proof.

Red October

Cannabiogen destroyer seedlings, two have separated leaflets on the first set of leaves, haven't seen this before but another member on the Spanish forum remembers similar growth pattern in destroyer seeds he did, thought it was kinda interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_132441.jpg
    IMG_20200928_132441.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200928_132514.jpg
    IMG_20200928_132514.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 51

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The tri thing was traced back to the Oregon purple Thai. Mine came via the blueberry. The whole recipe is ((blueberry x orange bud), x black domina), x (A.B.G13 x Afghani f13) inbred till now.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabiogen destroyer seedlings, two have separated leaflets on the first set of leaves, haven't seen this before but another member on the Spanish forum remembers similar growth pattern in destroyer seeds he did, thought it was kinda interesting.

I just saw that for the first time on two seedlings from a cross I made. A couple other seedlings from that cross had a single separated side leaf on that first set of leaves. They grew normal 3 bladed leaflets on the next set.

Red October

The tri thing was traced back to the Oregon purple Thai. Mine came via the blueberry. The whole recipe is ((blueberry x orange bud), x black domina), x (A.B.G13 x Afghani f13) inbred till now.
that's very cool man, so do they show more of the purple Thai in the full grown plants and how's the smoke? Just really interested in what you were saying that you use them as an early indicator for your selection process.

Red October

I just saw that for the first time on two seedlings from a cross I made. A couple other seedlings from that cross had a single separated side leaf on that first set of leaves. They grew normal 3 bladed leaflets on the next set.
what were the parental you used? It's my first time growing destroyer or these types of genetics:biglaugh: but I know destroyer can throw out some wild phenos from what I've read, hoping to get a stable Thai boy but it's early days and I have a long wait ahead of me:biglaugh:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what were the parental you used? It's my first time growing destroyer or these types of genetics:biglaugh: but I know destroyer can throw out some wild phenos from what I've read, hoping to get a stable Thai boy but it's early days and I have a long wait ahead of me:biglaugh:

Freakshow and GG#4

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Red, no the tri thing doesn't correlate to any other traits. Just something easily seen early on to use as a tool to study fixing traits and inheritance patterns.

Cannadeb

Three leaf bag weed

Three leaf bag weed

My mutant plant, bag seed- I’m not sure what breed ?
Looks like an indica, but only three fans on each leaf. This I actually my first grow, well, my first female- second grow.. She is An experiment! Week 2.5 of flower roughly.
I didn’t do the best with training, and not sure if I should defoliate any further?
33405440-8531-47CD-AF4B-2444E5CACF39.jpg

5AE84449-86BB-4B1B-AAE9-7F2DC7B5B4CF.jpg

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My mutant plant, bag seed- I’m not sure what breed ?
Looks like an indica, but only three fans on each leaf. This I actually my first grow, well, my first female- second grow.. She is An experiment! Week 2.5 of flower roughly.
I didn’t do the best with training, and not sure if I should defoliate any further?
View attachment 549299

View attachment 549300

Looks cool! Id strip more leaves. Personally i leave the top 2 or 3 fans and try to move down from there. I wont take them all, about half. I suggest that closer to week 4 or 5 unless there is a big stubborn fan in the way of other terminals.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Hey getmo, your WBK you sent to me got crossed with a pink haired long flowering sativa girl that was a freak that came out some doublegum from sensi whitelabel, and most of the children showed that trait..I may have sent you some of that seed back? I suspect your WBK line crossed with another big stretchy sativa would display that.. ;)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
My very first trifoliate!! Before this I had only seen 2 plants that were fasciated. I usually don't pop alot of seeds so I don't see many mutations and I didn't pop this seed. Lol
This little volunteer seedling popped up on its own in the hps flowering tent in the Original Haze pot.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts