What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your freaks and mutants

G

Here is a recently sexed (female) PeakSeedsBC SkunkBerry. If you can believe it she popped her head above ground July 24th, and just stalled after producing cotyledons. Her progress has been painfully slow, but she has picked up speed in the last 3 weeks or so, and is kinda working her way out of some of her mutated weirdness. This will be a blast to grow!!! I have taken clones and am waiting for a bit more height before throwing her into flower.

H

hard rain

This is a Nanan Bouclou (PNGxHaitian). It grew the first 2 sets of leaves then a blind shoot. Two branches grew out the side, one a trifoliate, the other just twisted. This is what I ended up with!
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My second ever fasciated plant. PurpAl x Quantum Kush. Only one branch is mutant, and it has a regular stem growing out of it.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I do love fasciated plants. Only ever had 2, and still haven't searched the seeds to see if it gets passed on. I keep getting side tracked.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I do love fasciated plants. Only ever had 2, and still haven't searched the seeds to see if it gets passed on. I keep getting side tracked.

I've never tried cloning the fasciated stem, kinda wanted to last time, just to play around.
But like you said, I don't really have the space.

I have two sisters from this line, some male pollen, and still around a dozen or more seeds left to pop.

She wasn't fasciated first time I grew her. I had her outside and she didn't fare well. She takes after her momma in that regard. Plus a flood caked her with dirt and mud. Never smoked her. Still got the buds, I'll do something with it one day.

Her sister hasn't showed it yet. Not sure what side of the fam the trait is from, but her mom never showed it. PurpAl has been stress tested and never seen anything like that. Not sure if it's something that can be triggered?

I plan to STS the PurpAl. I will see if there are any fasciated plants in her side.

PDX Dopesmoker

I had it in a male that I used a few years ago and haven't see a repeat of the behavior yet, I've grown 10 seeds of that male's children and 30 of his grandkids so far.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I had it in a male that I used a few years ago and haven't see a repeat of the behavior yet, I've grown 10 seeds of that male's children and 30 of his grandkids so far.

I wonder if it could carry thru if you took pollen from a fasciated branch and put it on a flower from a fasciated branch.

I don't know if it works like regular traits or not.

Brother Nature

This is a Nanan Bouclou (PNGxHaitian). It grew the first 2 sets of leaves then a blind shoot. Two branches grew out the side, one a trifoliate, the other just twisted. This is what I ended up with!
View Image

That's a really frosty fasciated bud, in my experience with plants that do it, the bud has always been way less appealing than the normal buds off the plant. That one looks quite nice though! :D

I've only ever seen it happen consistently with a pack of Old Time Moonshine I ran for a while (Mosca's not DJ's original one). Had about 6 females from the pack, 2 displayed fasciation. I seeded a non fasciated plant with another OTM male and a couple plants from those seeds also showed fasciation. This was only when growing indoors though, no one I gave the seeds to who grew them outside experienced it. I found it annoying at the time, but I now wish I would have kept those seeds or made more.

H

hard rain

This is how it turned out. It's quite alright too, about as potent as her sister who was normal. It was incredibly solid, as tight as anything I've grown and unfortunately developed a little mould in the center so had to harvest sooner than I would have wanted. But as I said, still turned out alright.
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Something I've never seen before - 2 leaves growing off the same base, then splitting at the midrib. (Darkhorse Strawberry Glue)
picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

I wonder if it could carry thru if you took pollen from a fasciated branch and put it on a flower from a fasciated branch.

I don't know if it works like regular traits or not.

Yeah, I guess that would make a difference if fasciation is some kinda sport type phenomenon and the fasciated branches are genetically different from the normally behaving ones.
I'm also somewhat confident that anything with Mendo Purps in the lineage is going to be at least slightly prone to mutations. All of the mutations I saw in the last 300 or so seeds I've grown out share that linage. Its not their only common background so I'm not completely sure that Mendo Purps is the culprit and unwinding the genetics now is beyond my reasoning ability, but Mendo Purps is one of five suspects.