X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krypto's Ultimate Controler

disclaimer
    I didn't invent it,, just making it available to evryone who wants an easy to use Hydroponic system at a fraction of the cost of it's original counterpart. Also any electrical parts in this tutorial are for use with U.S electrical current.
    This thread is to give you an idea of what is needed, where to get it, and how to use it.
    I'll clean it up or rewrite with better pics at a more convenient time.

We'll begun with giving you an idea of what the controler housing looks like. You'll need something to house the eletrical components to keep you from getting fried in an unpleasant manner.

These are two different versions of the housing I've made. One from sheet metal, the other from an old plastic container.

Interior View:

Last edited by Kryptonite; 10-20-2004, 04:03.

Your gonna need ONE per control unit. It is very important that the correct timer be used. You may find a similar timer than this brand but it has to be: SPDT FIVE Terminal .

Diehl Timer.
    You will not find a better price than this site.
    Part Number: TA4079
    Description: Time Clock, 24Hr, 120V, SPDT 5 Term

http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/pr...4500000385.cfm

Comment

Float Switches were extrememly difficult to find until i came across this guy. Extremely reasonable price for this type of switch. You can find them elsewhere for @ $15 to $20 US

http://www.floatswitches.net/floatswitch.html

You need FOUR of the Float Switches per controler .

Comment

The Relays. Looked High and Low for these on the net and here thye are at a local Radio Shak.
        http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=275%2D217

125VAC/10A DPDT Plug-In Relay

You will need two Relays per controler.

Comment

Two AC Outlets.
          Whichever type you use for the electrical current in your area.
          I found these at Home De Pot. Lowes does not have them .

Four 90's, show here are 1/2 inch.

At Least 10 1/2 inch straights . The number of straights needed depend on how many outlets to buckets are needed. I will be using four in this tutorial .

16 1/2 inch Grommet's.

Two 90 barbs.

8' cord.

Comment

Will return to edit in some more instruction .

Last edited by Kryptonite; 10-20-2004, 17:45.

Comment

anxiously waiting............

Comment

I to am very excited in your design.

thanks

Venge

Comment

Yeah keep it coming. (As Herb rattles the filing cabinet) Krypto's parts examples, for the most part, are used. I like that.

Comment

That's what I like to see...

Growers helping growers to be better growers.

GreatLakes THC
                    Reggae Makossa Groovin'

Comment

We need to start drilling some holes.
                      I am going to use a 5 gallon bucket for the controler and a 3.5 gallon for the pots. Ideally your controler should be taller than your pots.
                      I am having a hard time finding black buckets and have found a supplier, but can't tell if what they carry is what we need by the pics in their catalog. I need those buckets, but will continue with what is readily available.
                      Notice the difference between the support at the top of each bucket?
                      The white Bucket is what I need because two of them fit into each other leaving a smaller amount of space between the two. This is necessary because you want your water/nutes to fill the medium bucket without Overfilling the flood bucket. You could just not fill your medium bucket completely, but that is not the ideal situation.
                      The White bucket is known as a Full Beam.

Lowes used to carry all black buckets but they've since changed to white. It may have something to do with Black not being Food Grade but It's a conspiracy against Marijuana Growers I tell yah .

You can use ANY type of bucket round, square or whatever, this is just what I have on hand .

Tomorrow we'll drill holes, set the float switches and whatever else we can get at . You will need a 13/16th inch spade bit .

Last edited by Kryptonite; 10-29-2004, 14:48.

Comment

I use 5 gal buckets with a tall 5 gal bucket for the controller. I used to clean pools and remembered the chlorine tabs came in a tall 5 gal bucket. I am using 3.5 gal on the inside of a 5. Give s me more room for a larger root ball.

Just waiting for my parts to arrive!!

Comment

Damn fine info Krypto

I damn near ordered my parts also

Great thread

Tex

Comment

Basco has 6 gallon buckets, as well as all other sizes, i just received thier catalogue today. 6 gallon looks good for the controller if using gallon 5 medium buckets, or , 5 gallon with 3.5 inserts. this is great info Krypto, cant wait to start building new room and bucket system to go with. With the combined efforts of you and HOG anyone will be able to build an awesome, customized bucket system for half the price of store bought, not to mention the satisfaction of having built it themselves, i love that part
                            Last edited by Bonzo; 10-21-2004, 09:33.
                            Bonzo BoUnCeS back...

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)

Comment

I also have their catalog Bonzo.
                              It's not very descriptive.
                              I don't understand the need for the smaller bucket in a larger one? Using the full beam buckets there is @ a 1.5 to 2 gap between the two which is sufficient. If you used the most common bucket with the rim like the black one shown here as your medium and flood buckets, you would have @ a 4" gap between them.

But this is just a guidleine, people can experiment and build various ways to suit their needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X