What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[HELP] Droopy plant

Hey guys, how you've been doing ? Hope everything is well...

Guys i'm having a problem with my current grow, the plants are droopy... I'm growing Solfire's Hood Candyz (Runtz x Gelato33 x The Don Mega), i never had this problem before and i've tried a bunch of things to solve it but no results at all...

Thought it could be root rot, checked the roots they're full white thick and beautifull, no bad smell...
Thought it could be pH related flushed half of the plants with 700 PPM and pH 5.8 and no result...
Thought it could be water related some-kind of over water but it's not the case... It isn't under watering too...
Thought it could be the strenght of nutes, tried to raise the PPM no results either...

My setup is:
Space: 3x3 tent
Lights: 250w COB Cxb 3590
Temps: around 70F to 75F
Medium: 70% Coco coir 30% perlite

Growing in 6 gallon pots, using General Hydroponics pH at 5.8, nutes around 700 PPM...

Photos on attachment

Attachments

• photo_2021-02-28_17-07-09.jpg
    photo_2021-02-28_17-07-09.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 36
  • photo_2021-02-28_17-07-10 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-02-28_17-07-10 (2).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 38
  • photo_2021-02-28_17-07-10 (3).jpg
    photo_2021-02-28_17-07-10 (3).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 38
  • photo_2021-02-28_17-07-10.jpg
    photo_2021-02-28_17-07-10.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 33

Cvh

Supermod
I think I see some purpling on some of the leaf stalks.
What are your night temps?

stashpot

Normally when you check off all boxes its usually down to a few things.
1. Genetics could cause this easily some colombians and mexicans etc are known to do this, im trying to think if my gelatos looked similar i think they might had that tad droppyness to them, but thats speculation.
2.Heat stress from the intense cobs which the genetics might not have been exposed to yet. (will adjust)
3. Lack of air movement in and around the plants as oppose to directly on them or under and over them.
4. Overwatering (if you don't let the soil dry out to a point you can easily lift her up you're overwatering in my opinion that's what i see because your plant is healthy looking and you have big 6 gal pots.)
5. Underwatering? doubt it your plant looks great
6. Your pot is big for the plant size at this stage your probably not letting her dry up fully or you're giving to much water at 1 time. This is from my own findings.

you can do a test..You can check the plant when the coco soil dries up fully, being able to lift the pot with ease is a sign shes dry.. if she looks better after drying fully your overwatering... overwatering usually means you're watrering it to frequently and not giving her time to fully dry or giving to much water at 1 time.

Try this.. let the coco dry out till its dry, give it only half the water your giving it now or maybe 2/3rd's
So if your giving 3 litres per watering give it 1.5 or 2, it will dry up faster and the roots wont be sitting in soggy soil for to long. it will grow quicker and eat faster and your humidity will be easier to mange.

Hope this bit of info off top my head helps.

Roadblock

Id say the coco is holding too much water, Ive got a similar look and Im in pure coco and it holds a ton of water which slows the plant down, to get any run off its saturated so becomes oxygen starved until it drys out enough to start feeding, it opens the door to all sorts of issues as you try and balance it out with some drying which is easy to over dry or over water, this yoyo begins to stress the root system, 70/30 coco perlite can be great with some coco and nowhere near enough perlite with another brand of coco .

Theres a sweet spot where the media is in the right moisture air ratio which can be so different from room to room because of the different conditions, with the right air water ratio the plant will power, watering frequencies and volume will keep the media in that zone, but it must be free draining so that the frequencies can find the sweet spot, if it holds too much water its holding a low oxygen level for too long which is starving the plant from oxygen., your coco and conditions might call for 50/50 coco perlite or even more perlite than coco, it all depends on drainage and holding capacity after an irrigation cycle and how that is effected by your atmospheric conditions, pots dont breath the same inside as they do outside even with good airflow,its like the atmospheric pull on the media is more outside and the reason its easy to bog down indoors as it holds to much water.

Take them outside where they can breath if its warm enough and you watch them perk right up.

Aspenou812

Veteran
If you have a decent root system on a plant that size you will never overwater in coco... what nutrients are you running? You shouldn’t need that much coco to fill that space... 6 gallons is a lot and you can grow massive plants full term in 6 gallons.. you’ll never fill the pots with roots unless you veg for weeks... If your not showing rot or bad roots look for deficiencies they look mag hungry... have you tried a foliar?

stashpot
Normally when you check off all boxes its usually down to a few things.
1. Genetics could cause this easily some colombians and mexicans etc are known to do this, im trying to think if my gelatos looked similar i think they might had that tad droppyness to them, but thats speculation.
2.Heat stress from the intense cobs which the genetics might not have been exposed to yet. (will adjust)
3. Lack of air movement in and around the plants as oppose to directly on them or under and over them.
4. Overwatering (if you don't let the soil dry out to a point you can easily lift her up you're overwatering in my opinion that's what i see because your plant is healthy looking and you have big 6 gal pots.)
5. Underwatering? doubt it your plant looks great
6. Your pot is big for the plant size at this stage your probably not letting her dry up fully or you're giving to much water at 1 time. This is from my own findings.

1. Yeah i think there might be a "problem" with the genetic, it's a cross of Gelato33 x Zkittlez x Gelato33 x GMO x Banana Cookies ...
2. Not heat tried different temps and didn't solved the problem.
3. Could be that will try to solve this
4. Overwater isn't the problem since the root system is developed
5. Yeah
6. I've tried longer cycles of fertigation but didn't solved the problem neither

Roadblock I'll put them on my 4x4 open tent and will see if that recovers

Aspenou812
The roots are fully developed, didn't tried foliar yet... It's not overwater for sure, tried to do a dry cycle and didn't get any better

Cvh

Supermod
Got a plant doing the same at the moment.
Haven't figured the issue out myself. It's for me also non of the above options.

Aspenou812

Veteran
stashpot

1. Yeah i think there might be a "problem" with the genetic, it's a cross of Gelato33 x Zkittlez x Gelato33 x GMO x Banana Cookies ...
2. Not heat tried different temps and didn't solved the problem.
3. Could be that will try to solve this
5. Yeah
6. I've tried longer cycles of fertigation but didn't solved the problem neither

Roadblock I'll put them on my 4x4 open tent and will see if that recovers

Aspenou812
The roots are fully developed, didn't tried foliar yet... It's not overwater for sure, tried to do a dry cycle and didn't get any better

Start looking at your feeds... that’s something the plant isn’t getting... do a foliar with 350ppm.5 Epsom Salts... see what happens

stashpot

stashpot

First off you're welcome for my detailed help even though you don't know me from adam, im glad you appreciate it.
Over watering has nothing got to do with the roots being developed or not, not to sure who's telling you this type of stuff.
Over watering will have your roots sit in excess water for to long and the humidity levels in the soil will skyrocket which creates a lack of oxygen which makes your plant droop, its exactly whats happening in conjunction with lack of airflow. You have huge 6 gal pots with a small plant the pots are to big, they hold to much moisture and create a soggy humidity at the soil level.
Peace.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I think it’s because of 250W of COB light. When modern white leds are running with abit too much watts too close to the plants their leaves start to droop. Some of the leaves look abit dried out too, so I think the 250 watts of cob light is just abit too much for them ..but just abit cause the leaves aren’t yellowing too badly yet

The leaves that are closest to the cobs are drooping more than the tops that have more distance to the cobs, so I think the issue is the cob light. So if you can’t raise the light any higher you have to it down abit .

I have Cree CXB3590 cobs too, so the symptoms are familiar to me.

Hey guys the plants are healthy as hell... Since i've switched from 18/6 to 12/12 the plants simply got healthy and are pointing upwards that's strange

stashpot Hey thanks for your help man, i think i've expressed my self badly what i meant by the roots are fully developed is that the root system filled the 6 gallon pots and since i'm using coco perlite there's no way i could overwater them... I think it's due to genetic maybe, i say that because after switching from 18/6 to 12/12 the plants simply got better and that's it... Didn't do anything different just switched from veg to flower...

stashpot

stashpot Hey thanks for your help man, i think i've expressed my self badly what i meant by the roots are fully developed is that the root system filled the 6 gallon pots and since i'm using coco perlite there's no way i could overwater them... I think it's due to genetic maybe, i say that because after switching from 18/6 to 12/12 the plants simply got better and that's it... Didn't do anything different just switched from veg to flower...

all good dude enjoy your plant, peace.