What's new

Green roots coming out of pot

Jbay

Hi guys im.growing in coco

And the roots are coming out of the pot and turning green is this ok or whay can I do to correct and stop this happening

Attachments

• IMG-20210205-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20210205-WA0011.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 29

Cuddles

wow this is the first time ever I´ve seen something like this. How big is your grow pot and what kind of plant are you growing?

TheDarkStorm

I would clean them up by using some oxy pluss in your nutrients solution for a week or two....they will soon be clean healthy and white....but you need to make some sort of cover for the top tray that holds all your pots...even something simple like a big piece of quite thick card with the pot sizes cut out in place of there sitting will work....if you manage it you'll probably end up with a huge mat of roots in that pot holding tray...wich will be a good thing

troutman

Seed Whore
Algae needs light to live. So make sure your reservoir is 100% lightproof and it will die off.
If light gets into a container filled with nutrient water algae is what you'll get in due time.

:tiphat:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
It's just Algae growing on the roots. No sweat. If it was growing on the roots of a DWC, Aero, or Hydro plant with roots in just nutrient solution you would want to clean them up and block out light to prevent future growth, but these are like overflow roots growing out of the bottom of the pots and into the drainage tray. Clean them if you want, but nothing is wrong.

Love the Active Aqua pots with the Flora Flex tops, two seperate companies whose products complement each other perfectly. Nicely done!

Happy Growing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts