What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much soil for one plant 3x3

Ffof

Day 9-10 in 7gal of soil in Lowe’s bucket

Arms are currently 24 inches long from tip to tip, about 12 squared canopy in the center. How much soil do I need to maximize one plant in 3x3

Last edited:

MrFancyPlants

Depends on how you are feeding it. To fill out a 3x3 in an organic setup (teas, etc), I’d probably want at least 20-25 gallons. With liquid organic fertilisers like Neptune’s Harvest you could probably go smaller but not by much. Either way, more roots = more fruits.

MrFancyPlants

Ah, but since you’re already in flower, I’d leave it be, unless you really, really care about maximising the yield.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
plant/pot Proportion looks reasonable.

There are so many variables such as compost strength and feed regime that it's hard to give an exact answer. Contemporary wisdom says once in flower, you don't pot up again. I think that idea is linked to root production slowing as the stretch does. So have potted up during pre-flower.

Depends on how you are feeding it. To fill out a 3x3 in an organic setup (teas, etc), I’d probably want at least 20-25 gallons. With liquid organic fertilisers like Neptune’s Harvest you could probably go smaller but not by much. Either way, more roots = more fruits.

So a 25 gal. Cool thanks. And yes like I said I never said I was in flower. Day 9-10 is of veg out of one gal into 7 gals soil. And if I were in week 2 of flower and needed more soil I actually wouldn’t hesitate to transfer. In my experience transplanting in flower helps more than it hurts if the plant is rootbound

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
“Day 9-10”. But I see what you meant - in the current container. Then yeah, there’s definitely room to up-pot. Happy growing!

I feel so easily led lol

I have never had 50L from a 50L bag. Even with pebbles and they don't compress. The most commercial use of space flight will be fluffing it up further to get a gallon to fill a 5 gallon bag.

Edit: a 50L bag of canna clay balls is a quite consistent 45L and should be thought of as 42L when buying sack&sacks to fill known containers.

Just thought I’d update

Transplanted all to 15 gals with strawberry fields

Day 9 of flower

Attachments

• CE464339-8BE2-4E5F-B2FD-D68154F4F4EB.jpg
    CE464339-8BE2-4E5F-B2FD-D68154F4F4EB.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Latest posts