What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Switching from hps to led in mid flower

djibra

Hi fam... i have a situation where my 120x120 tent is too small for all my girls.. and i have anither smaller tent (60x60) that has MIGRO 100 in it andni would like to move at least one plant in there because she is smaller comapred to others and doesnt get that much light..

my question is: can i do that transition from hps to led? will the plant continue to grow and mature? anybody did that?

thre led fixture is great no doubt about that im just concerned if the plant will respond ok

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yup! go for it. I have the same issue during the current grow, where one of my plants is 2 weeks behind the others. Xsition week is next week. Although she is not in flower, she will be returned to the bloom tent, 2 weeks later from the switch. During that time frame, she will continue veging in the veg tent. Although, both tents contain LEDs, veg is 300W while the bloom tent is 600W.

I would be worried if it the other way around though (LED---> HPS) :tiphat:

djibra

wow.. thanks for all the feedback fam! i will
definitely switching the plant...

switcher- i was also wondering the same thing, but i guess it wouldn’t be such a problem.. guess we’ll find out once the opportunity comes :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
wow.. thanks for all the feedback fam! i will
definitely switching the plant...

switcher- i was also wondering the same thing, but i guess it wouldn’t be such a problem.. guess we’ll find out once the opportunity comes :)
If you use a PAR meter to set your lights (as I do) my delta will be 20 umols, which is pretty much insignificant. OTOH going to ---> HPS, because of the extra heat yadi yada, the light will either have to be raised or dimmed, if capable of doing so.