What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ventilations

mybluess

I have 4 Autoflowering seeds and this system mentioned below. But fans are too noisy I thinking of change fans. Also, I’ll buy a carbon filter. How much m3/h power do you recommend-required for this system Intake and extraction fans? Thank you.

SolarXtreme® 500 (LED)
110cm x 110cm x 200cm grow tent
Max - Fan 150 PRO series - 600 m3/h
Blauberg Tubo 150 295/h

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
You don't need an intake fan if you have an exhaust fan. Actually, using 2 fans is counterproductive because if they are not same model the smaller one will lower the capacity of moving air of the bigger one. Also, using 2 fans on same air circuit creates more noise without adding more air movement.
What you need is an extractor capable or changing the air in the growbox/growroom about 2 to 3 times a minute. So find out room volume in cubic meters, then multiply that by 120 (2 times a minute x 60 minutes) and find a fan that can move more cubic meters per hour than the result you get. It's usually safer to buy one that will move more than that by a bit, cause adding a carbon filter lowers air movement of the extractor fan.
By my calculations your 600m3/h fan is perfect for the job and you don't need any other fan for air exchange. Just some fans inside to move some air and create a breeze.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
if you’re looking for fairly silent fans,
check out ac infinity cloudline fans...

well constructed and decently quiet,
at least when compared to the old squirrel cage blowers

i’d go with a t6 (or larger) for your tent