What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed moved 2.5" during germination?

Jestocost

The sprout on the side of the pot is from a seed I planted in the middle of the pot. The other three planted similarly sprouted where I put them.

Has anyone ever seen a seed move a couple inches? Weird, I know.

Not complaining - these are CC Larry OG Kush, and I got 4/4. I don't quite get how this happened, though.

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_2216335.jpg
    IMG_20200715_2216335.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 29

St. Phatty

i have the tops chopped off of seedlings sometimes.

since i block cats & birds from the seed room, I can only conclude that, sometimes, a FLY will actually bite my sprouted seedlings.

HGCC

i have the tops chopped off of seedlings sometimes.

since i block cats & birds from the seed room, I can only conclude that, sometimes, a FLY will actually bite my sprouted seedlings.

Man that fly is a dick.

If the medium is real light and airy it moves around and floats when you water, seed can lift up and move with it if the tap root isn't deep enough.

Jestocost

I figured that. Thanks for all the replies, guys. I laid it on top of soil, then added a 1/4" layer on top, and I bet when I watered it moved in the small remaining space.

Flies and cats are dicks, but at least cats let you be their personal servants.

rolandomota

Veteran
Rats man rats love fresh sprouts mice and what not their sneaky lil bastards too.

Yea it's the heavy handed watering doing that moving also they can sprout and can't come straight up so they take a side route

give that man a cigar sized blunt of some tasty strong smoke
Smoke a cigar like weed then come tell me you enjoyed it ...if your still alive. I know I know not it's not fair comparing and tobacco is smoked different etc. I just don't like tobacco that shits wack corona virus ain't shit compared to tobacco and your putting that crap in you on purpose people are strange anyway off topic lol sorry

HGCC

I figured that. Thanks for all the replies, guys. I laid it on top of soil, then added a 1/4" layer on top, and I bet when I watered it moved in the small remaining space.

Flies and cats are dicks, but at least cats let you be their personal servants.

Its one of the reasons seedlings are my least favorite stage of growth. Can't even count how many I killed by not noticing I floated them and they settled a little crooked.

Jestocost

Its one of the reasons seedlings are my least favorite stage of growth. Can't even count how many I killed by not noticing I floated them and they settled a little crooked.

That calendar week from implant to finally knowing they'll make it is a pain, sometime.

I've figured that nature has developed a pretty good system already, and just do soil, water, and seed and hope Dharma is in good shape locally. I seem to do ok with germing. I've lost one seed in this last year for a 12/13 record. Still, the days after planting are damned nail-biters.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I put a few wet seeds on cups today and found that wet seeds will go where they want if you are using a wet finger to place them. And if they don't go right into the little hole poked in the soil, they are impossible to find. On one I had to add 1/4" of cover, and hope for the best. Tweezers.

Latest posts

Latest posts