No announcement yet.

Florida Growers Thread: Reloaded-ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wanna grow free start a leaf pile and collect the leafmold in a year or 2 and use in place of peat. Start a worm bin its beyond easy and start a compst pile. Learn about nutrient accumulators and use them in your compost. Youll be on your way to free weed. Btw charcoal the same size as perlite seems to work pretty good so far as a aeration ammendment as does seashells.

Comment

Originally posted by P-NUT View Post
      If you wanna grow free start a leaf pile and collect the leafmold in a year or 2 and use in place of peat. Start a worm bin its beyond easy and start a compst pile. Learn about nutrient accumulators and use them in your compost. Youll be on your way to free weed. Btw charcoal the same size as perlite seems to work pretty good so far as a aeration ammendment as does seashells.
      I did that for 2 years straight. Started a compost pile, put dead leaves, lawn clippings, and any vegetable food waste onto the pile. Even bought some of that "compost starter" in a bag for it. Spent hours working it over, getting it where i wanted it to be.

Then about 3 months before I would have started using it, my father started in with his shit. Had to walk away from him, the grow, and my compost.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Originally posted by oceangrownkush
      He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Originally posted by Gypsy Nirvana
      you can't get blood out of a stone.

Comment

its kinda a pain in the ass to build a nice soil, unless u got time & space, whicxh i dont.
        O an coco makes a nice mix in soil, ive been reuesing my used coco in my soil mix for the last 2-3 years helps airate & drain.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey pin down the hatches and stay safe folks

Comment

I've wanted to grow outside...and think I may have found a couple prime spots.. but was wondering on a good mix...

My easy way out thinking was to just plant them in either 5gal buckets or maybe 7 gal pots (prob smart pot) and leave them above ground, or dig a hole and put buckets or SP in the hole... that way they have proper root enviro, just trying to figure out a way to feed them without having to constantly visit site.
            Granted my prime locale I visit bi-weekly anyway, so I don't forsee a problem feeding them, but would prefer a nute mix that I can incorporate either into mix or top dressing and just water... any thoughts?
            sigpic

Comment

Like Slip said... be careful out there folks!
              sigpic

Comment

7 gal smartpots with the mix i mentioned and putting them out now they should have enough to keep them fine till harvest. You could even veg a week or 2 inside in the pots before you put them out and youll yield a whole lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by P-NUT View Post
                  7 gal smartpots with the mix i mentioned and putting them out now they should have enough to keep them fine till harvest. You could even veg a week or 2 inside in the pots before you put them out and youll yield a whole lot better.
                  What's that mix again?
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it was called lcs mix origionally. Its 50% canadian sphagnum peat 25% areration (perlite,rice hulls etc.) 25 % worm castings. You can use 33% of each if you want more aeration. Then add 2 tablespoons per gallon of mix of bone meal and lime. And 1 tablespoon per gallon of mix of blood meal or fish meal and kelp meal. Thats all thats needed. You can play with different nitrogen and phosphorus sources if you want but keep the kelp in. I use azomite too. Moisten and let sit a month and it wont burn them and coons wont try to dig in amymore. You could use high n and p guanos or alfalfa and fish bone meal. Just stick to those ratios and your good.

Comment

Mr Miyagi,

Team Microbe has a no till mix that is ready to plant in.
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...10&postcount=1

Microbeman and Dank Frank also have the soil mix they use listed, just search their name.

peace
                      “In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.

[DEA Administrative Law Judge - 1988]”

Francis Young

Time to kill the spasms

Comment

Ok cool!

Thanks fellas...much appreciated. If I DO decide to a outdoor plant, I may stick to just watering and feeding by visiting location, if i decide too...

For NOW, but I would like to make a mix that I can just water.... damn, I wish I still REv's mix still... damn...whatever happened to REv?

P-Nut... 2Tbsp of lime per gallon? That seems a bit high... but it has been awhile since I've used lime...
                        sigpic

Comment

when i first started mixing my own soil i don't remember which recipe i followed i wanna say 3lb, or maybe might have been lc's. but basically it was equal parts compost and topsoil, 25% perlite 10-15% sand and then your amendments. lime bone, blood, or guanos etc. i never mixed a soil to feed plants all the way through i mostly just use it as a substrate. like i said never grown in ground just pots. and i never use pots that would hold enough mix of a water only soil to last me through a grow. basically organish and feed with whatever kinda bottle organic or salt nutes in small pots.

but as far as substrate is concerned can't beat that mix, and those other mixes stickied in the organic forum.
                          Last edited by PoweredByLove; 09-01-2016, 21:48. Reason: wasn't that much sand.
                          sigpic

Comment

Speaking of watering, make shift cover for now
                            Attached Files

Comment

If your going to veg for a week or 2 that mix will be fine water only till harvest in a 5 gal or bigger pot. In or outside. And thats never been too much lime for me. My current mixes are a bit more complex with neem cake and crustacean meal and assorted rock dusts and alfalfa but a basic cheap mix works just fine and is alot easier to mix. Hell before i went no till i went through a few hundred gallons per run and made beds outdoors using it without reamending and had no prob making it through winter runs.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyWarDog View Post
                                Speaking of watering, make shift cover for now
                                niice
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X