Florida Growers Thread: Reloaded-ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltyWarDog View Post
    finaly got some ran yesterday and we'll all this week after two weeks. Getting my indoor cleaned up and ready
    hate when i wash the misses car,and it starts to ran....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      1. From my experience, N is not as mobile as you would think, and from what I've personally seen, N def starts at the top, not the bottom... granted I haven't seen a N deficiency in years, rather too much, but I digress...
      I have ALWAYS shied away from RO water... IMHO it's too much hassle to strip the water clean only to add stuff BACK to the water lol.. but that's just me.
      First thing I would do though is check that ph, if your ph is sky high because of the Lime, you may risk knocking absorption of other nutes outta whack as well.

2. From personal experience, absolutely not. Only time my plants are ever further than 18" away from an HID is if I've lifted it up to harvest or some kinda maintenance or something lol. No seriously, I can't remember the last time I had my 1k's more than 18" away...it was usually 12-18 unless I was doing vert, then my 600's were like 8-12" away from colas.

67*F is rather cool to grow isn't it? I've always kept my rooms between 72-78*F... only lowered to 65-70"F the last week or so to induce purpling in certain strains...

Hope this helps... take my info with a grain of salt...
      Thank you for the info. I def don't think it's nitrogen, because I see the tips slightly curling down, like a N toxicity if anything (very very slightly, I've seen it way worse). I checked the soil PH and it's reading at 7. How do I get it down? Do I just water at PH 5 for a week or so? Please let me know!
      Lemon Kush by Female Seeds - Grow Report

Comment

I personally wouldn't water with 5 to lower it. but I WOULD water it with water at the correct ph. From what I remember...lime is very hard to get rid of once it's dissolved into the dirt. How are you growing again? If outside in the ground... pfftt..good luck with that...if in a container, you have a better chance.

Again, take it with a grain of salt...some of these old wheels are rusty...
        sigpic

Comment

CG

up pot them with ffof see if that helps you out

peace

Comment

Originally posted by flboy View Post
            CG

up pot them with ffof see if that helps you out

peace

Hmm that's an interesting option. Up potting at the start of week 4? I'm already at 5 gal buckets... ugh. Last night I flushed, nothing crazy in terms of quantity, but used ph 5.8-6.2 water until the runoff was coming out at 6.0, which took all night. I plan to feed tonight like regular, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't progress. I've seen 1-2 leaves that had some very "solid" rust type spots on the ends of the fattest oldest leaves, late stage iron def. I've also noticed that some of the pistils have died back at the tips a little bit and have lost their vigor on many of the lower buds. I'll get a photo up a little later today.
            Lemon Kush by Female Seeds - Grow Report

Comment

You can always use sulfur to lower your pH but if over used well not good. 7 pH is neutral so I wouldn't think it would have much effect in soil

Comment

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86d_1472439398

seems par for the course of late
                Originally posted by Chabbs
                Gucci, Girls, ... Girth

Comment

Originally posted by Morcheeba* View Post
                  wi fi alien #6

im not sure who selected this cut but im glad i have it. she has some kick to her also.
                  that'd be catatafish and pnut, there were a few wfa's and the 6 was the business. I ran 3 different phenos if I remember correctly and the 6 was the keeper
                  Originally posted by BombBudPuffa
                  It stinks bad so be prepared...it's like the devil farted
                  Originally posted by The Doktor
                  Take that hippy babble nonsense somewhere else. We deal in science here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Midity View Post
                    that'd be catatafish and pnut, there were a few wfa's and the 6 was the business. I ran 3 different phenos if I remember correctly and the 6 was the keeper
                    I know the WFA#6 X TT was killer. So sad I lost both the cut and the last harvest due to hospital. The harvest was beautiful but incorrect cutting and drying by my GF it all went moldy. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Midity View Post
                      Correct, the other two were quality but 6 was special. Also they were more of a pain in the ass to deal with growth patterns etc.
                      Originally posted by Chabbs
                      Gucci, Girls, ... Girth

Comment

i know we've had our history in this and other threads but that was the past. new leaf. i only ask for the helps when i need it and it's like my first time growing outdoors since i see some of you have a lot of the outdoors experiences i'll ask here.

does flowering outdoors take the same amount of time as indoors? like once i see flowers forming is 70 days outside 70 days inside or do you go longer?

i'm not growing in the ground i'm using pots anywhere between 1 and 5 gallons. never used anything bigger than 2 gallons or so before. how often do you feed? do you even feed anything after you put them in the soil or ground or whatever? i don't have any meters or soil analysis or anything. i'm using mostly topsoil mixed with compost some containers have some mushroom compost mixed in. i'm finding all the bagged soil i buy down here in florida seems to be exactly the same. like it all comes from the same place. from the cheapest shit to the most expensive one i was willing to pay for some black kow which i thought was at one time the gold standard. it's all like a mix of anywhere between 20-50% sand and some bark and shit. even the manure is like mostly bark. the mushroom compost i bought was really barky, turned out it might possibly have been full of chemical salts cuz once it got dry i see sodium stains. i'm from the midwest and the dirt there is pretty much dark brown/black and crumbly the only thing i've seen worthy so far is the topsoil seems to be nice and "dirty"

but i'm not really here to talk about soil mixes. anyway i've been feeding by ear/eye whatever. but it's been a crazy balancing act so far, too much/ then too little/ then too much/ too little/ back and forth back and forth.

how do you feed your outdoors? i was using fish emulsion and some liquid 10-10-5 all purpose type of flower food. finally got some tomato food dry granules 2-7-4, supposed to be organic and made of crushed up i assume bone,feather,etc meals and jazzes. and i bought some faster acting i would hope liquid organic ferts espoma bloom 1-3-1.

going forward i plan on continuing to use the outside as my flower box till the solstice next year. how would you suggest i feed container plants max size 5 gallons outdoors? in soil type mix/ "organic"

like i said not here to start no shit so wont be no shit started less someone else starts it.
                        sigpic

Comment

poweredbylove

i have a chemdog out that calls 9 weeks begin of october(not gonna happen) but it is starting later than my kali mist. so if it was me count when you see the first signs of flower. i think it differs. i have been using amended soil that is water only. i would be more than happy to give you what i use to make around 65 gallons. you could use hydrolyzed fish (not emulsion) neptunes, guano for phos and kelp extract add a little humic and your good to go. hit me up if you want to discus this more

peace

Comment

PBL that soil mix sounds real compacked.
                            promix & most other soil mix have petemose ,perilite, & vermiclite.
                            u need to litenup ,airate your soil mix alittlel [add rice hulls,crushed lova rock, or some promix soil to your soil mix.
                            in soil i feed once a week& water the rest of the week, or i feed very lite every time i water/feed.
                            sigpic

Comment

oh i put those hydroton, and perlite and whatever else i have around to help aeration. but yeah some of that shit is compacted mostly the soil i ran out of "aerations" for but i think all the stuff outside was from my first soil mixing which took the bulk of my hydroton and perlite and whatnot. i think i still have another bucket of hydroton somewhere... but i'll most likely just go buy some more perlite at the grow store i get like a cuft of that shit like 5-8bucks can't remember which. but you pay like 10 bucks at case de for only a piddling 8 qts. one day before christmas i'm sure. gotta find some funds. i grow free/cheap.
                              sigpic

Comment

Pbl, be careful with anything with fish or blood or coons might dig your shit up. Ive done 50%peat 25%perlite 25%castings with 2tbs per gal lime 1tbs per gallon of fish or bloodmeal 2tbs per gal bonemeal and 1 tbs per gal kelpmeal. Let that sit for a month or it may burn them or coons will dig it up. After that should be good with water only. Is you feel the need to fert use alfalfa for nitrogen and guano for phosphorus and kelp for potassium. That is pretty much foolproof.
                                Last edited by P-NUT; 09-01-2016, 13:51. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Working...
                                X