What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now is the time! Let's not miss out on any opportunity there is to talk with others and to help them develop a connection with Buddhism. It's through our voices, infused with courage, that a new history is made.

Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Way to go BUD! I was looking to fly up there for Wednesday, but I'll make a meeting this summer most likely after classes finish in a month. I'm so proud of you Bud, the Organic Group needed you to do this for World Peace! I know this because the Gohonzon's been telling us both how we need to nurture the members and host meetings so that we could share our heart with the other Bodhisattvas.

I'll chant for you and your brother S-man Mr.T. :thank you:

Another year passes by and I'm still alive! The best is yet to come!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Hi everyone,... I'm really saddened to hear "T's" news about his dear friend. I'm comming out of my cave, I think the bombing has subsided for a while....LOL

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
PLEASE CHANT FOR MY FRIEND! LET'S CALL HIM S-MAN. PRAY FOR HIS HEALTH AND LONG LIFE!

Deepest Thanks to you all! I bow in humble obeisance!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas

I chanted for S-Man today and in fact it was the stimulas I used to chant the most I have in a while.

S-Man must get his health back and enjoy a long life! T, I pray your mind is clear and free of worry.

Mugi Wasshin!!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Desi, great to see you checking in!

Don't be a stranger. The cave can be cold, isolated and unfriendly. I know that life condition well. Much better to hang with the Chanting Growers. A great bomb shelter.

Hope to see you around more often.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to see you Desi !!
Lots of Daimoku coming to S-Man from the Bud camp

Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I am praying that, no matter how troubled the times may become, the Lotus Sutra and the ten demon daughters will protect all of you, praying as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood, or to obtain water from parched ground."

(On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 444) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 29th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The power of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is boundless. By setting clear-cut goals and targets, let's chant continuously and specifically for what we want to achieve! And via the forces of the universe being further strengthened and enhanced by our chanting, let's all advance and be victorious!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whenever we study the Gosho, our lives naturally overflow with the wisdom needed to be victorious. Our hearts are filled with courage, and we can discover the amazing joy of living! So let's all become the great champions of the two ways of practice and study*!

Daisaku Ikeda

* The two ways of practice and study: "Among these three fundamentals, faith is considered most important. But it can never be separated from practice and study. Our faith, or growing confidence, naturally leads us to practice and study more. Practice and study, through which we accumulate experiences and wisdom, lead to stronger faith. This is why Nichiren encourages us to exert yourself in the two ways of practice and study. Without practice and study, there can be no Buddhism (The True Aspect of All Phenomena,The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, vol. 1, p. 386). These two sentences sum up exactly what we need to do in order to develop our faith.

Source: http://www.sgi-usa.org/newmembers/resources/faqs/developfaith.php

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Regard your service to your lord as the practice of the Lotus Sutra."

(Reply to a Believer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 905) Selection source: Study for New Believers, Seikyo Shimbun, March 30th, 2010

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
I, Nichiren, observing this state of affairs, proceeded to consult the great
collection of Buddhist scriptures. There I discovered the reason why these
prayers are without effect and on the contrary actually make the situation
worse, along with passages of proof to support it. In the end I had no other
recourse than to compile a work to present my findings, entitling it On
Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land.... This I did
solely that I might repay the debt of gratitude that I owe to my native land.

(WND, 161)
The Rationale for Writing "On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of
the Land"
Written to Hogan on April 5, 1268

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
In all things patience is the key to victory. Those who cannot endure cannot
hope to win. Ultimate triumph belongs to those who can forbear.

Daisaku Ikeda

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
This Passage....

This Passage....

"Nichiren's disciples cannot accomplish anything if they are cowardly."

(The Teaching, Practice, and Proof - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 481) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance "The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin and Youth", Seikyo Shimbun, March 28th, 2010

......has always reverberated through my being, the first time "T" shared it. It now has grown into another finger. I used to chant to it. It is courage, the Lions Roar, to face life with understanding and faith which brings happiness ,and, yes, sad or dissapointing times, but drama it's not,.....it's pure adventure baby:jump:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning chanters !!
Hope everyone is up getting their morning Daimoku in :) Lots of chants coming from the bud house :) Hope everyone makes it a good positive day !!
Nam myoho renge kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

From "On Reciting the Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra", in The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. II, page 229.

For this reason, the benefits to be gained by reciting the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo are great indeed. All the Buddhas, all the daimoku of the various sutras, are opened up and merged in the Lotus Sutra. One understands that it is myoho that makes this opening up possible, and therefore one should recite the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
So if a woman makes offerings to the Lotus Sutra now in the last
five-hundred-year period. [Bodhisattva Gladly Seen's] benefits will all be
bequeathed to her without exception, just as a wealthy man transfers his entire
fortune to his only son.

(WND, 911)
An Outline of the "Entrustment" and Other Chapters
Written to Nichinyo on June 25, 1278

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts