What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Hello Chanting Friends!!
Just wanted to drop in and show off the new Butsudan that my son made us. I think this project was started close to three years ago and has finally made it into place. My son finished it ... well almost ... then the wife and I stained it. Still need to add the light inside and some kind of handle hardware. We are extremely stoked and am hoping this is just the thing to help power us into a meeting here at our house :) We are up to six people showing interest so now the next step is to find a day that works for the majority and go for it. Hope all of you are continuing to chant !! We are staying on track and trying to go forward and increase the strength of our practice each day. Thanks for being here and for all the support we recieve from this thread !!

P.S. You notice the couple pictures that are turned around ... those are pics of very good friends from here on the thread that are always with us when chanting ... figured I would face them the other way ... first pic i took you guys were looking right at us :)
Nam myoho renge kyo !!
Nam myoho renge kyo !!!

picture.php

Last edited:

Wilson!

Babba That is very nice. A ride to the center of life. I want one.

We need to move from nirvana. Perhaps now to Eagle Peak. Yup our lease is up and we're chanting for a great meeting and grow haven. Best cause for a new house is to get the Gohonzon a new house 1st. And with May contribution coming there is plenty of opportunity to challenge with a lions roar.

Pumpkin man and I are doing guitar lessons on Mondays. We practice almost every night. Such a blast us learning together. A great chance to leave him a sweet memory in the future of some close father and son time.

I'm all vaclemped!

peace.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"You must be firmly resolved. Do not begrudge your fief; do not think of your wife and children. And do not depend on others. You must simply make up your mind."

(Reply to Yasaburo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 829) Selection source: From SGI President Ikeda's message at the representative leaders' conference, Seikyo Shimbun, March 23, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Daishonin states,
"Nichiren's followers are like roaring lions."*
Shedding any fear or apprehension we may have,
let us boldly speak about our philosophy
with confidence and conviction,
as we aim towards achieving complete victory!
Faith is, after all, another name for courage!

Daisaku Ikeda

* "On Persecutions Befalling the Sage" - WND-I, page 997

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Treating one's friends with courtesy means that, although one may encounter them ten or twenty times in the course of a single day, one greets them courteously as though they had travelled a thousand or two thousand miles to see one, never showing them indifference."

(The Four Virtues and the Four Debts of Gratitude - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 2, page 636) Selection source: "Buddhist concepts simplified", Seikyo Shimbun, March 22nd, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 345) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 25, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As the great Russian author Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) once wrote: 'You cannot improve yourself without communicating with other people, influencing them, and being influenced by them.'

SGI Newsletter No. 7964, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 23, translated March 24th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
(Hearing from a believer whose infant daughter was seriously ill, Nichiren Daishonin encourages both parents by saying: )

"What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"*

Believing in these words completely, let us chant powerfully, with the force of a roaring lion and completely defeat the devil of sickness! Absolutely never give in, never lose hope!

Daisaku Ikeda

"Gosho: Reply to Kyo'o - WND-1, page 412, "Believe in this mandala with all your heart. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"For example, the flaws in iron come to the surface when it is forged. Put into flames, a rock simply turns to ashes, but gold becomes pure gold."

(Letter to the Brothers - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 497) Selection source: "Experience of overcoming sickness", Seikyo Shimbun, page 5, March 26th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There is beauty in studying and challenging oneself. There is nobility in trying to improve oneself."

SGI Newsletter No. 7964, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 23, translated March 24th, 2010

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
Ok you are all invited to our first meeting at our home. It will be on 4/14/2010 At 6:30 pm. Hope you can all make it.
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Only by undergoing trials and tribulations and polishing one's life can one really shine."

SGI Newsletter No. 7964, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 24, translated March 24th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"How gratifying! You have associated with a friend in the orchid room and have become as straight as mugwort growing among hemp."

*"A friend in the orchid room" indicates a person of virtue. The implication is that the company of a virtuous person works as a good influence, just as one is imbued with fragrance on entering a room filled with orchids. It is said that mugwort supported by hemp plants grows upright.

(On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 23) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 27th, 2010

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Babba, that Butsudan is very lovely. Your son must have had a great woodworking mentor!

My girlfriend and I are moving out of this town, and into another. We are much closer to family and friends and nature. We are both very excited.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am still in a state of shock to have learned that a dearly loved friend, a friend who has befriended me in ways I can never repay, is possibly termininally ill and seems committed to euthanasia as the alternative to living in a progressively debilitating state. I am fucked up. I hear people talking to me but can't understand what they're saying. I am in full distracted mode! Help me Brothers and Sisters! He was supposed to re-enshrine his Gohonzon today. Please chant for him to help himself!

PLEASE CHANT FOR MY FRIEND! LET'S CALL HIM S-MAN. PRAY FOR HIS HEALTH AND LONG LIFE!

Deepest Thanks to you all! I bow in humble obeisance!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
T your repayment is just to be the good friend you are. We are all here for you and your friend S-MAN. Youve got some Daimoku headed that way buddy . Need someone to talk to you know im always here.
Nam myoho renge kyo

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
I am still in a state of shock to have learned that a dearly loved friend, a friend who has befriended me in ways I can never repay, is possibly termininally ill and seems committed to euthanasia as the alternative to living in a progressively debilitating state. I am fucked up. I hear people talking to me but can't understand what they're saying. I am in full distracted mode! Help me Brothers and Sisters! He was supposed to re-enshrine his Gohonzon today. Please chant for him to help himself!

PLEASE CHANT FOR MY FRIEND! LET'S CALL HIM S-MAN. PRAY FOR HIS HEALTH AND LONG LIFE!

Deepest Thanks to you all! I bow in humble obeisance!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas

And l too will be chanting for your friend.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nichiren's disciples cannot accomplish anything if they are cowardly."

(The Teaching, Practice, and Proof - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 481) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance "The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin and Youth", Seikyo Shimbun, March 28th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"'No worldly affairs of life or work are ever contrary to the true reality' (WND-1, 905). This passage expresses the benefit of those who embrace the Lotus Sutra. Nothing in society or daily life is contrary to the true aspect of life. Though our efforts may seem ordinary, because they are based on faith, they shine with the light of the Mystic Law.

'Nothing is nobler than striving to make the world a better place. There is no need to be overly concerned with the type of work one does, the size of the company one works for, or one's position in it. Those who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and endeavour each day to contribute to society are following the correct path to attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime.'

SGI Newsletter No. 7963, YOUTH AND THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN Work and Faith—Part 1 [of 2], translated March 24th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.