What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Let's keep fostering solid ties of friendship and trust! In order to do so, we each must first grow into a person who can be a friend and support to those in their immediate environment."

SGI Newsletter No. 7880, THE LIGHT OF THE CENTURY OF HUMANITY, Fostering Friendship in the Community—Part 1 [of 2], from the Sep. 20th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Oct 27th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who believe in the Lotus Sutra are as if in winter, but winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 536) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, October 28th, 2009

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From Words of Wisdom, by President Daisaku Ikeda, on "Interconnectedness". www.ikedaquotes.org.

When people perceive their lives as being at one with nature and the planet, their views of society, nationality and race will naturally be transformed. As long as the window of the human heart remains battened closed, no great future lies in store for humanity. People have to throw open the window of the heart. When they do so, there will be no more hindrance to peace

Nam myoho renge kyo

Wilson!

From Words of Wisdom, by President Daisaku Ikeda, on "Interconnectedness". www.ikedaquotes.org.

When people perceive their lives as being at one with nature and the planet, their views of society, nationality and race will naturally be transformed. As long as the window of the human heart remains battened closed, no great future lies in store for humanity. People have to throw open the window of the heart. When they do so, there will be no more hindrance to peace

Nam myoho renge kyo

thx Babba. That is just simply beautifful.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys! Hold down the fort for a couple of days! I'm off on a short Holiday with the wife and kids. Stay happy everyone!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Thomas

E

EasyMyohoDisco

The Gohonzon has Unlimited Mercy!

The Gohonzon has Unlimited Mercy!

I'm so fortunate that the Gohonzon has unlimited Mercy for me. I forgave myself for that shameful event and consider it good karma to have dealt with such a shitstorm to now be able to go forward. I sure did suffer through this one, but I'm back on track. Good gongyo and good posts to read give me strength and remind me of my focus.

I'm gonna voluntarily cease a few things for a year and readjust a few others just to make sure the Gohonzon is my #1 focus of my attention for the next Gohonzon birthday then for a year straight to the next!

I won't quit.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

From "Brothers One in Mind", in The Writings Of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. II, page 914.

Should you fail to act in harmony, you will be like the snipe and the shellfish who, because they were locked in combat with one another, fell prey to the fisherman.

Recite Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and take care how you behave! Take care how you behave!

Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I did gongyo last night again and today I got a call from my broker ..... Next week I should be signing the contract for our new home to move in this summer!!!!! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo works and I've documented boku proof on this thread.

Chanting Growers are invincible!

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Congrats Easy!!! Very happy for you! :jump:

Here's a pic I took in Cambodia, one of my favorites and I'd like to share it here. When I get a bit stressed, or feeling
negative stimuli, I flip through my travel photos and let my mind reflect on a peaceful and harmonious setting.....and
continue chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

Love to you all!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
From "The Oneness of Mentor and Disciple", in the SGI Quarterly, January 2010, page 28.

Buddhism is a philosophy with the aim of empowering people. Its central premise is that each person has the innate capacity to triumph in any circumstances in which they find themselves, to surmount any source of suffering, transforming it into a source of growth and strength. It is a philosophy established on the conviction that there exist within the lives of each of us at each moment inexhaustible reserves of courage, wisdom, compassion and creative energy.

Nam myoho renge kyo !!

Wow, Bud that is very profound and appreciate you posting it. Been 5 weeks since I last checked in; have a little bit of catching up to do. :wave:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 345) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, February 17th, 2010

:laughing: I missed reading this passage on its anniversary date of 2/17. One of my favorite gosho quotes.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, February 18th, 2010

Well, these words are immortal and lately I haven't lived up to them. Must get back to the basics.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The Proof of the Lotus Sutra / WND pg. 1108

T! Thanks for posting this gosho.

“Since this is the case, when ordinary people in the latter age believe in even one or two words of the Lotus Sutra, they are embracing the teaching to which the Buddhas of the ten directions have given credence. I wonder what karma we created in the past to have been born as such persons, and I am filled with joy. …….
Many people, both high and low, have admonished or threatened you, but you have refused to give up your faith. Since you now appear certain to attain Buddhahood, perhaps the heavenly devil and evil spirits (5) are using illness to try to intimidate you. Life in this world is limited. Never be even the least bit afraid!

And you demons, by making this man suffer, are you trying to swallow a sword point first, or embrace a raging fire, or become the archenemy of the Buddhas of the ten directions in the three existences? How terrible this will be for you! Should you not cure this man’s illness immediately, act rather as his protectors, and escape from the grievous sufferings that are the lot of demons? If you fail to do so, will you not have your heads broken into seven pieces in this life (6) and fall into the great hell of incessant suffering in your next life! Consider it deeply. Consider it. If you ignore my words, you will certainly regret it later."

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
We must absolutely never give up on prayer. He declares: "Muster your faith, and pray to this Gohonzon. Then what is there that cannot be achieved?" (WND, 412). We need to pray "as though to produce fire from damp wood or to obtain water from parched ground" (WND, 444). - (The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra, Volume 5, page 152)

Thanks again T for some awesome quotes as they are great reinforcements on what and how.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Thanks T.

I forwarded this to my daughters. Lisa is now a YWD Chapter Leader (because of Lola) and Jessica has started chanting again after Lisa's incredible experience with Lola's recovery. I don't think I ever shared Lola and Lisa's story. I have to do that and I will soon.

R

"What is the purpose of life? What is the purpose of our Buddhist practice?

"Some live filled with joy. Some live steeped in suffering. Some live overwhelmed by sadness and sorrow. Some live trapped in unhappiness. Some live with exuberance, vigorously triumphing over all. There are so many ways people live their lives.

"Sometimes society or one's family situation, such as poverty, may be partly to blame for the circumstances one faces.

"The joy and ease of victory. The pain and hellish torments of defeat. Certainly, there are all kinds of lives and all kinds of circumstances. But what is the dividing line between success and failure in life, between joy and suffering? This is extremely complex and difficult to answer. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, however, directs us on a course to absolute victory. The Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin enables us to develop a serene life-state of inner abundance pervaded by the noble virtues of eternity, happiness, true self, and purity. Those who embrace faith in Nam-myoho-renge-kyo possess far, far greater wealth than those who have the most staggering fortunes or the most luxurious mansions. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the life and fundamental Law of the universe. When we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, we have nothing to worry about. The Daishonin's words are never false. The purpose of our faith and practice is to achieve happiness and victory in our lives. This is the reality of the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin, the one and eternal Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law.

"With this great Buddhism, we can make our way through life with imperturbable confidence, ever triumphant. We can advance along the road to happiness without the slightest fear, our hearts filled with optimism and hope, together with our family, friends, and loved ones.

"We are here to enjoy our lives. We mustn't lead unhappy lives pervaded by sadness, suffering, or defeat. Indeed, if we base our lives on the Mystic Law, that will never be the case anyway. This is the teaching of Nichiren Daishonin, the foremost sage in all the universe. How wonderfully reassuring this is!

"Let's live out our lives joyously, triumphantly, and cheerfully. Let's make them lives of great fulfilment and meaning! That's the purpose of our Buddhist practice."

SGI Newsletter No. 7939, 37th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS' MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2], Walking the Path of Absolute Happiness, from the February 15, 2010, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Feb. 23rd, 2010

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Hello Chanting Growers Group!
Glad to see you are 766 pages strong and still going. PTD, SoCal Hippy and Babbabud bowing in humble obeisance to you all. Hope this note finds you all well and in good spirits. Gordy P and I are Brilliant as he says continuing to live life with obstacles and benefits as it is to be. Home with a knee injury and dropped in to read alittle. Take care!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Always Southern Girl

Wow, C great to see you checking in. Hope you and Gordy are doing well. You both are true Chanting Grower members alum.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
I like my coffee dark and sugarless and my pot strong and bold. I like my Buddhism to go like this "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!" I like the people who respectfully post on this thread and I love all the Bodhisattva of the Earth and The Buddhas of the Ten Directions. I'm Nichiren's #1 Fan for life and a good friend to all.

Easy, we are so kensoku. Especially the last part...and the way I like my coffee too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts