What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"One who has fallen to the ground recovers and rises up from the ground."

(The Proof of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1108) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, March 10th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"We can't achieve anything worthwhile unless we stand up resolutely as an individual with the readiness to face any obstacle we may encounter. Friends are an important factor in strengthening that resolve. As the eminent American Renaissance thinker Ralph Emerson (1803-82) said: 'With [a friend] we are easily great.'

SGI Newsletter No. 7949, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 5, translated March 5th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In the eighth volume of Great Concentration and Insight and in the eighth volume of The Annotations on “Great Concentration and Insight” it says, “The stronger one’s faith, the greater the protection of the gods.” This means that the protection of the gods depends on the strength of one’s faith."

(General Stone Tiger - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 953) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 11th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Academic background isn't what matters; it's the spirit of wanting to learn that counts. The lack of such a desire is a serious shortcoming."

SGI Newsletter No. 7951, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 9, translated March 10th, 2010

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Down in the Bay having a great time. Tonight is show nite and today is Phils Birthday. Been in the city for two days and been to the Soka Gakkai community center 3 times to chant. So cool chanting with others ... having a great time...See you guys soon!!

Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Great stuff Babba. Lately you've been pouring out your heart and making me feel really good! Thanks for all those great posts. Same to you T!

Today is a weird day, I feel like I woke up a little bit off kilter but I'm ok. I really need to chant more this weekend. House hunting, school, work, everything else has been tough. All my friends are telling me to chill out and I still feel I'm not doing enough. I wrote the first chapter to my autobiography which will certainly change before the final version is complete. Many chapters will involve this thread and I will be mentioning the most prolific chanting growers have helped me see how the rest of my life is a bonus I must cherish and protect.

Thanks for fighting with me through your continued daimoku. I just keep chanting because there is no greater happiness.

be good,
MyohoDisco

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 536) Selection source: "Koe no ran", Seikyo Shimbun, March 13th, 2010

P

puxian pusa

Sutra said:
Universal Worthy Bodhisattva then said to the Buddha, "World Honored One, in the last five hundred years, in the turbid, evil world, will there be those who receive and uphold this Sutra?If there are those who receive and uphold this Sutra, I shall protect them, keep them from harm, and cause them to be peaceful and secure. No being will be able to take advantage of them, be it a demon, the son of a demon, a demon woman, demon subjects, or one possessed by a demon, a yaksha, rakshasha, kumbhanda, pishacha, krtya, putana, vetala, or any tormentor of human beings-none shall get at them."

The Wonderful Dharma Lotus Flower Sutra Chapter Twenty-eight: "The Encouragement of Universal Worthy Bodhisattva"

:wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The wife and I have done very well in the real estate market in the last six years. I'm sure much of that fortune must come from the activity of this thread. We are donating our first permanent personal community center for the activities and growth of our fellow members.

We will start the renovations to the facility in a couple of weeks and everything should be done within six weeks after that. The new opening will occur around the end of May. Our group has been using this place for the last two years anyway, and moving some things around, we prospered greatly by putting kosen-rufu and faith first.

We have tremendous gratitude toward the Gohonzon, and pray to continue to be actual proof of the power of the Law--the proof of actual fact.

The facility will serve our thirty-five to fifty members, and allow for growth to about double that. When its time to get bigger we'll do that! I never thought this dream would actually happen in my lifetime!

Bowing in humble obeisance and deepest gratitude to you all!

Thomas

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Awesome news "T". So happy and greatful for such good fortune.

Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

The wife and I have done very well in the real estate market in the last six years. I'm sure much of that fortune must come from the activity of this thread. We are donating our first permanent personal community center for the activities and growth of our fellow members.

We will start the renovations to the facility in a couple of weeks and everything should be done within six weeks after that. The new opening will occur around the end of May. Our group has been using this place for the last two years anyway, and moving some things around, we prospered greatly by putting kosen-rufu and faith first.

We have tremendour gratitude toward the Gohonzon, and pray to continue to be actual proof of the power of the Law--the proof of actual fact.

The facility will serve our thirty-five to fifty members, and allow for growth to about double that. When its time to get bigger we'll do that! I never thought this dream would actually happen in my lifetime!

Thomas

WOW! Great Job! Is the Tony Matsuoka School in the works as well?

That is music to my ears!

Wilson!

We have tremendour gratitude toward the Gohonzon, and pray to continue to be actual proof of the power of the Law--the proof of actual fact.

Thomas

Go T!!!

Living the Dream Higher Than The Sky

That is awsome! Fortune is more mystical than magic.

cheers.:jump:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Back home again !! Had a great break!! Lots of happiness in this house !!
Lets keep chanting together for happiness in this moment and the future !!
Nam myoho renge kyo

P

puxian pusa

佛說七俱胝佛母心大准提陀羅尼經

佛說七俱胝佛母心大准提陀羅尼經

Sutra said:
Once, the Buddha was dwelling near Shravasti, at the Anathapindada Garden in the Jeta Forest. At that time the World-Honoured One was contemplating and observing the sentient beings of the future. Out of great compassion for them, the Buddha decided to expound on the Dharani of Cundi, the heart of the mother of seven kotis of buddhas. Thus, the Buddha revealed the mantra:

NAMO SAPTANAM SAMYAKSAMBUDDHA KOTINAM. TADYATHA: OM! CALE, CULE, CUNDI SVAHA!

Buddha Pronounces the Sūtra of the Great Cundī Dhāraṇī
The Heart of the Mother of Seven Koṭi Buddhas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Puxian if you READ this thread you will see its a study of Nichiren Buddhism. I would advise spending some time and reading before posting so you are consistent with the topic.

P

puxian pusa

Calling all Bodhisattvas of the Earth!

I never did a new thread before, but something really cool has happened as part of my experience at ICmag.com. I have found quite coincidently that there are folks here that share my philosophy of life.

So far it is me, Hitman, and VegasBuddha!

Is there anyone else?

Almost anyone reading this (I will asume) will not have a clue as to what the fuck I'm talking about. I'll cut and paste a post from another thread, and at least try and make an effort to explain it.

As always this is a forum. All comments are open, and remember most of all that we are all friends, embracing a common form of focus, participation, and expression.

Kosen Rufu is World Peace!

Thomas

You can chant about anything!
We have experienced something personally that has led us to believe that the ultimate Law of Life and karma is, cause and effect. There is individual karma and there is collective karma. Why do all of the people from varying backgrounds sometimes have collective fates (9/11 for example)?

We believe that the environment reflects the collective karma of those who inhabit it. We have come to accept a view, based on personal experience, that there is a means for individuals to change their Karma, and bring out their Buddha Nature. That is why we chant.

" NAMO SAPTANAM SAMYAKSAMBUDDHA KOTINAM. TADYATHA: OM! CALE, CULE, CUNDI SVAHA!"

:confused:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Babba is right: What's up with the mumbo jumbo? Do be careful!

Babba is right: What's up with the mumbo jumbo? Do be careful!

That "Holy Mantra" is allegedly used in Buddhism and Taoism for Exorcism, spiritual protection and Healing... PasstheDoobie is right that you can chant about anything in the context of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. Are you trying to perform an exorcism on this thread, if so you may want to consult with the chief exorcist of the Vatican who may have more experience than a layman (LOL)?

The mantra you are pushing is purportly able to grant certain things after reciting those words a certain amount of time. In fact, the relatively low amount of recitations would cause that mantra to expire within a month or two of diligent chanting! Try chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! This is a significant lifelong all encompassing practice that will not lead you astray as Taoism and Hinayana Buddhism continues to confuse many people.

We welcome all religions, Buddhists, and none of the above! However, when a new mantra is introduced without validation or a common sense approach towards its propagation some people who practice Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism are mandated to refute any slanderous incantations for the sake of the thread and all its members. There are other threads on Buddhism that may appreciate your approach, but the truth is that your mantra is definitely off topic. When you finish the required amount of recitations remember that upon chanting: "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!" you reveal your inherent Buddhahood!

Good luck and thanks for reminding of the founder's hope for all! Much obliged!

Best regards,
MyohoDisco

**Chanting is very powerful and stronger than yoga, meditation and other types of prayer. Please beware of chanting slanderous mantras especially the exorcism mantra this Puxian Pusa has encountered. Caveat Emptor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts