What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Daishonin states, "I am praying ... as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood.." *With the strong determination that absolutely nothing will stand in your way, you can smash through even bedrock like obstacles. Be determined to win and challenge what you are facing, right now, and win!

Daisaku Ikeda

*"I am praying that, no matter how troubled the times may become, the Lotus Sutra and the ten demon daughters will protect all of you, praying as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood, or to obtain water from parched ground." - "On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins", WND-I, page 444

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Therefore, the best way to attain Buddhahood is to encounter a good friend."

(Three Tripitaka Masters Pray for Rain - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 598) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's essay, Seikyo Shimbun, March 5th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Without taking one steady step at a time, that glorious goal can never be reached."

SGI Newsletter No. 7947, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 4, translated March 3rd, 2010

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Hey friends! I wanted to stop by and say hi to all of you. There haven't been any updates with my legal situation, but my girlfriend and I are still out of jail, so it's obvious proof that our chanting has worked!

Thank you so much everyone.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The true worth of a person is only revealed when they face adversity. When an obstacle lies in your path, do you use it as an excuse to justify giving up, or do you regard it as an opportunity for further growth and push on through it? This decision, it can be said without exaggeration, will determine your future direction. And the decision of which route to take lies with you."

SGI Newsletter No. 7947, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 4, translated March 3rd, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Believe in this mandala with all your heart. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 412) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 6th, 2010

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Daily Encouragement

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the life and fundamental Law of the universe. When we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, we have nothing to worry about.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great Gongyo and Daimoku session this morning :) Wooooooooooooop !!!!!!!!!!
Victory !!! Chant chant chant ..... you will feel so much better
Oh man whatever was I thinking :)
If you cant do those long sessions then just begin with some short burst and chant to chant more..... Just Do It !!!!!!!!!
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"It was in May last year (2008) that Argentine human rights activist and Nobel Peace laureate Adolfo Pérez Esquivel and his wife Amanda Guerreño came to Japan....

"I first met Dr. Pérez Esquivel in December 1995 (in Tokyo). He had at that time expressed a desire to continue our dialogue through correspondence or other means. On the day of his return to Argentina, he sent me a message to the following effect: 'When someone I trust is being attacked, insulted or persecuted, I will say nothing to that person. But when that person stops being criticized, I express my dissatisfaction to them because it means they have given up their fight.' He also shared a wonderful quote from the great novel Don Quixote by Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616): 'The dogs are barking. That means we are riding forth.' Interestingly enough, this same quote has been cited to me by many of my friends from around the world, including Club of Rome Honourary President Ricardo Díez-Hochleitner, Brazilian pianist and composer Amaral Vieira, and former Chilean Ambassador to Japan Demetrio Infante Figueroa. Hearts that share the same convictions resonate.

"The Daishonin writes: 'The three obstacles and four devils will invariably appear, and the wise will rejoice while the foolish will retreat.' (WND-1, 637). In the modern age, we who uphold the Mystic Law are the wise who, undaunted by obstacles, are putting this passage into practise."

SGI Newsletter No. 7857, THE LIGHT OF THE CENTURY OF HUMANITY, Saluting the Women's Division--Part 2 [of 2], from the June 13th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Sep. 17th, 2009

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Though we live in the impure land, our hearts reside in the pure land of Eagle Peak. Merely seeing each other’s face would in itself be insignificant. It is the heart that is important."

(The Drum at the Gate of Thunder - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 949) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, September 17th, 2009

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Daily Encouragement

We are here to enjoy our lives. We mustn't lead unhappy lives pervaded by sadness, suffering, or defeat. Indeed, if we base our lives on the Mystic Law, that will never be the case anyway. This is the teaching of Nichiren Daishonin, the foremost sage in all the universe. How wonderfully reassuring this is!

Let's live out our lives joyously, triumphantly, and cheerfully. Let's make them lives of great fulfilment and meaning! That's the purpose of our Buddhist practice.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
A very dear friend is having some major health issues....I can't mention a name out of respect for privacy and not knowing if they would want it mentioned....but I ask everyone here to chant for this person.....is it possible to do this without you all knowing who it is???

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Much love and respect to you all!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Shakubuku all the way - GO FOR IT!

Shakubuku all the way - GO FOR IT!

A very dear friend is having some major health issues....I can't mention a name out of respect for privacy and not knowing if they would want it mentioned....but I ask everyone here to chant for this person.....is it possible to do this without you all knowing who it is???

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Much love and respect to you all!
Yah sure can DG! However, even better would be for you to encourage your friend through your life to chant for themselves. We are the Buddhas we make the Benefits! Tell them what you know from this thread and your practice and they will understand!

Go on take it up notch! BAM!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning friends !!!
Well the wife and I are off to the bay area this morning to go see Furthur. Its Phil Lesh's 70th birthday and he still leads the old Grateful Dead band around the country on tour. What an amazing vibrant man !! Should be alot of fun.
We will get to make a stop at the Sokka Gakkai cultural center and chant in front of Big Gohonzon !!! wooooooooop !!! Makes for a fun and exciting trip. Of course ill bring the Omamori Gohonzon to keep up the chanting along the way. Im back to chanting now and im going to stay on this roll and keep this practice alive !!!! Its so easy to fall into complacency and not be able to give yourself that kick in the ass it sometimes takes to get you going again. Thanks to my wonderful wife who knows me so well .... I sometimes take a larger boot then normal :) Thanks to you all for the wonderful encouragement that everyones presence brings to this thread. Thanks everyone !!!! Now get in front of that Gohonzon and chant !!!

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

Keep on Chanting !!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Your interactions with your friends who share your aims will be a powerful source of encouragement and strength for you. Please try to stay in touch and help and inspire each other. ...Friends who inspire and encourage each other are life's most precious treasure."

SGI Newsletter No. 7949, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 5, translated March 5th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To have a voice that reverberates with conviction and moves other's hearts is vital. With a life force charged by chanting wholeheartedly for the sake of kosen-rufu and for the sake of our friends, let us go out and share our philosophy with others. The gosho teaches us that:

"The voice carries out the work of the Buddha."*

Daisaku Ikeda

*Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 708, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 4

Status
Not open for further replies.