What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Suffer what is there to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 27th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Blue dye is bluer than indigo itself, and ice is colder than water."

(Offering in the Snow - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 809) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 18th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"It is through the use of words and letters that the Buddha saves living beings."

(Letter to Renjo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 6) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, June 30th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"It has been twenty or more years now since I found myself in that situation and began the great battle. Not once have I thought of retreat."

(The Great Battle - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 465) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's lecture series, Seikyo Shimbun, July 2nd, 2009

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
T, it is so wonderful that you place these readings here for us all, my deepest gratitude for everything you do to keep me yearning to learn more.

Often I find these writings to bring such inner feelings forth, and I especially like this one.

"The Daishonin writes: 'Iron, when heated in the flames and pounded, becomes a fine sword. Worthies and sages are tested by abuse' (WND-1, 303). Iron is tempered by fire to become steel, which can then be forged into a magnificent sword. The same is true of people. It is actually to our advantage to undergo hardship and struggles in life."

SGI Newsletter No. 7803, 30TH SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2] Maintain a Youthful Spirit, from the June 21st, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated June 25th, 2009

Much love to you all!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Welcome Matanuskan Flo,

You have come to a place that is a favorite of many and please enjoy the read. Not sure how you can go thru 1000 pgs but I know any pgs you peruse will fill you with great life experiences that show the proof of this Buddhism. Please stick around and see what you can gain from the wisdom of this thread.

Again, Welcome

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Rob

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Help me with daimoku towards my Nichiren Shu friend! I am helping him and another non-practicing SGI friend come to a huge meeting this weekend. I have another friend almost ready to recieve Gohonzon! New school is school and tougher. Work is hard and I'm gonna have to work weekends to keep up.

I'm here always in spirit reading up and keeping the faith polished. I just have to keep chanting. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is what I chant!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

this thread is def my favorite thread here. dang near 1000pages!!!! Namaste

Use the search function and enjoy posts that include incredible Josei Toda material! You will learn that we practice Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism and it's great. One rule: Just chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! enjoy!

All my best to all the new chanting growers! wWwwWHOA!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
It is certain that, even if there were an age when the sun rises in the west, or
a time were to come when the moon emerges from the ground, the Buddha's words
would never prove false. Judging from this, there cannot be the least doubt that
your late father is now in the presence of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of
teachings, and that you will receive great blessings in your present existence.
How wonderful, how splendid!

(WND, 655)
Good Fortune in This Life
Written to Nanjo Tokimitsu on January 19, 1276

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Strengthen your resolve more than ever. Ice is made of water, but it is colder
than water. Blue dye comes from indigo, but when something is repeatedly dyed in
it, the color is better than that of the indigo plant. The Lotus Sutra remains
the same, but if our repeatedly strengthen your resolve, our color will be
receive more blessings than they do.

(WND, 615)
The Supremacy of the Law
Written to Oto and her mother, Nichimyo, on August 4, 1275

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Humanity today lacks hope and vision for the future. It is for precisely this
reason that the Bodhisattvas of the Earth have appeared. Without your presence,
the future of humanity would be bleak and spiritual declines its destination.
That is why you have been born in this age and are now playing an active role in
society. This is the meaning of jiyu, or "emerging from the earth."
Consequently, each of you will definitely become happy. Please be confident that
you will lead lives overflowing with good fortune throughout the three
existences of past, present, and future.

D. Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If one lights a fire for others, one will brighten one's own way."

(On the Three Virtues of Food - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 1060)Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 19th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The renowned Indonesian author Pramoedya Ananta Toer (1925-2006), a man of high principles, wrote: 'Friends with you in times of trouble are friends in everything. Never belittle friendship. Its magnificence is greater than the fire of enmity.' Nothing--not power or authority, self-interest or gain--is stronger than friendship built on sincerity and integrity."

SGI Newsletter No. 7914, 35th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 2] Tapping Our Limitless Potential for Self-improvement, from the Dec. 22nd, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Jan. 18th, 2010

Wilson!

"If one lights a fire for others, one will brighten one's own way."

(On the Three Virtues of Food - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 1060)Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 19th, 2010

This applies to me. Last night I became a "Made Man". Yup the MD district ldr. Here comes the human revolution.

Thanks PTD!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Congrats Wilson! I'm a chapter leader and support an area while living in another county. The struggle we undertake to support kosen-rufu in America makes me happy. You and pumpkin man plus me over here protecting the members is very important for kosen-rufu. We have an extra special responsibility as chanting growers in SGI leadership to really pave the way for other chanting growers to assume their natural role as leaders of worldwide kosen-rufu.

I have three people I'm working on shakubuku right now. It is sooooooo hard to keep your friends, new introduced acquaintances and others chanting and focusing on their practice. I have enough trouble making sure I chant and taking on the burden of helping others chant then helping them continue their practice is a lifelong commitment that spells out our mission as we go forward. Let's keep protecting the members and supporting those meetings.

I need all the chanting growers to be the most vibrant rocks of faith in their respective meetings and to keep reporting their great progress to all of us continuously. This thread can also be a tool for chanting growers in SGI leadership to share their mission and their work for kosen-rufu as it already has been...

Chanting Growers, I am very proud of each of you. Let's keep doing this thing called Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism correctly for the rest of this life and the next!

PEACE!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Thanks Chanting Growers for Lola

Thanks Chanting Growers for Lola

I am happy to report that thru the prayers of many, especially my daughter, Lisa, who made this experience a huge breakthru in her buddhist practice, that Lola is home after a grueling week of life or death. She is progressing well and I would like to share some of Lisa's experience with you shortly. She gave her experience last Saturday at her SGI district meeting. It really blew me away and I got a little teary eyed. She just would not lose her little baby girl Lola.

Thanks so much to everyone here! Another amazing actual proof experience from practicing to this great Gohonzon. I appreciate the Gohonzon, Nichiren Daishonin and everyone so much! :dance013:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
A hundred years of practice in the Land of Perfect Bliss cannot compare to the
benefit gained from one day's practice in the impure world. Two thousand years
of propagating Buddhism during the Former and Middle Days of the Law are
inferior to an hour of propagation in the Latter Day of the Law. This is in no
way because of Nichiren's wisdom, but simply because the time makes it so. In
spring the blossoms open, in autumn the fruit appears. Summer is hot, winter is
cold. The season makes it so, does it not?

(WND, 736)
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Welcome chantingbuddha, welcome to ICMag and the Chanting Grower's Group...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.