What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! Lose 58 Pounds so far and going....I could not have do it with out all of you:) Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all my chanting friends : ) I have been living the sober life as of late. My spiritual program has made and continues to make it possible and enjoyable. My idea of a higher power is an eclectic sort but is strongly grounded in many of the ideas that I learned from this thread. It was all about finding a sufficient substitute to mj : ) meditation and chanting has taken on that role.

my heart goes out to everyone. hope you all had a wonderful holidays and may the new year bless each and everyone of you.

much love - bartender187
nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What makes our lives truly honourable is neither money nor social status. Rather, it is decided by how earnestly and sincerely we dedicate our lives to helping those people who are suffering or encountering hardships.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And could not this illness of your husband's be the Buddha's design, because the Vimalakirti and Nirvana sutras both teach that sick people will surely attain Buddhahood? Illness gives rise to the resolve to attain the way."

(The Good Medicine for All Ills - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 937) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 9th, 2010

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so happy to see my friend Bartender! Way to go with your program Brother! You keep after it! It sounds like its working for you! Stay strong and keep chanting! And don't be a stranger here! I appreciated so much your five hundred page back-up! How about a seven-fifty rendition? Is it possible? I hope to see you here often man. You have truly been in my thoughts and I am very happy to hear that you are!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chris, we have been short of help in the last week and I have been buried with kids as well as other things! I will be with you next!

DG! I love scalp tingling! I still get it too. And rush is the appropriate word, for sure. I'm sure I speak for all Chanting Growers in acknowledging your great new line of beans! You are looking totally top-shelf--as anyone who knows you would expect it to be. Well done Sister! Keep chanting the Daimoku that I can see and feel that you are!~

Well done Forest! Keep going! You know you're going to make your goal!

Alexis, you are very cool indeed! I hope we can count on your continuous sharing. You have a lot to share! Thank you for being generous with your time and heart!

Hit and Scegy, it's good to see you two staying close to home. Please continue.

Sister T, thanks for my SMILES!

Chant for Lapides!

Bud, SoCal, Easy, Sleepy and the many many Chanting Growers that I have not mentioned, thanks for being my friends and sticking around for seven-hundred fifty pages of candid conversation and encouragement toward one another!

Much love and deepest respect!

T

Last edited:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Sounds like everyone is busy getting the New Year off to a grand start! Projects blossoming, people chanting, all sorts of goodness going on around here...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I couldn't think of anything else to say, but that says it all, I think...

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Buddhism primarily concerns itself with victory or defeat."

(The Hero of the World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 835) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 10th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To all our youth and youthful spirited, never be discouraged, never lose heart, no matter what your circumstances might be. Those who uphold this faith and practice, throughout their lives, will most certainly, at the end of the day, be victorious!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As the South American independence hero Simón Bolívar (1783-1830) once wrote: 'The difficulties could not frighten me, the greatness of the work excited my passion.' The fires of true passion will incinerate all difficulties and trials."

SGI Newsletter No. 7909, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 1, The Future 17, translated Jan. 8th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Entering into the relation of teacher and lay supporter is the result of a bond that bridges the three existences."

(On the Five Seasonal Festivals - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 375) Selection source: Soka Gakkai Young Men's Division leader's determination, Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 12th, 2010

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I am definitely going to win." "And, I'm going to create history!" To have such unshakable resolve is the iron-clad principle for absolute victory. My dear friends, I hope that each of you resolutely determine to courageously stand up alone!

Daisaku Ikeda

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
My wife and myself have decided to take a leap of faith and stare the unknown in the face. We are going to pack up and move to another city. Alone. Leaving family behind and stepping way out of our comfort zone. Neither of us have really been far apart from family. But we have dreams to chase. As my 30th birthday passed and with the loss of my brother, I have a new ambition. Our goals have been written and we are working hard toward them. Now I have only her and myself to depend on. We need this though. For personal strength. But with the ammunition I have recieved I have an intense feeling we will be ok. I am grateful for all of you. I am taking with me the jewel I have recieved and feel incredible. It is finally my time. I think. I hope. :)

Nam myoho renge kyo!

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
swampdank: That's WONDERFUL! I did the same thing many years ago....but, across the ocean to another continent....with 3 cats in tow....to a foreign language speaking country...one of the high points in my life (so far) and although there were pitfalls, I wouldn't change the experience for anything. You and your wife will be JUST FINE!!!!! Believe it.....have faith....and keep chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! Dreams to chase.....I love it!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Swampy, way to go man! You guys will be just fine.

I wanted to mention that I have finally quit smoking tobacco cigarettes. Starting a little before the new year, quitting smoking was one of the things I had been chanting for, and now I have it. It is such great encouragement.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

So awesome to hear that so many of you are being so successful with your challenges and goals. So happy for everyone!!

Nam myoho renge kyo !!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oneness of the Person and the Law
[人法一箇] (Jpn nimpo-ikka )

A principle established by Nichikan (1665-1726), the twenty-sixth chief priest of Taiseki-ji temple in Japan, with regard to Nichiren's (1222-1282) teaching, indicating that the object of devotion in terms of the Person and the object of devotion in terms of the Law are one in their essence. The Law is inseparable from the Person and vice versa. The "Treasure Tower" (eleventh) chapter of the Lotus Sutra states, "If one upholds this [sutra], one will be upholding the Buddha's body." This means that the Lotus Sutra is the Buddha's body; that is, the Buddha (Person) and the teaching (Law) he expounded are one and inseparable. Nichiren revealed and spread the Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and inscribed it in the form of a mandala, known as the Gohonzon, to enable all people in the Latter Day of the Law to attain Buddhahood; for this reason he is regarded as the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law. This is the object of devotion in terms of the Law, or the physical embodiment of the eternal and intrinsic Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that Nichiren realized and manifested within his own life. Hence Nichiren is the object of devotion in terms of the Person. In his Reply to Kyo'o, Nichiren writes, "The soul of Nichiren is nothing other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" (WND/412). This means that Nichiren realized Nam-myoho-renge-kyo as the origin and basis of his life and embodied it as a mandala. Nichiren also writes in the same reply, "I, Nichiren, have inscribed my life in sumi ink, so believe in the Gohonzon with your whole heart" (WND/412). Ultimately, Nichiren's life embodied the principle of the oneness of the Person and the Law, as does the Gohonzon, the object of devotion he established.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm laughing my ass off Asita! Didn't you know that Nichikan Shonin formulated the principle of the oneness of the Person and the Law? How could it possibly have anything to do with what you say it does then? Do you just make shit up as you go along?

It sure seems like you do!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats to SD and Lapides! Keep it going guys!

Please keep Lola in your prayers!

Much love and deep respect to all!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And a big shout-out to Stevius! Where are you Brother?

Easy, I hope the pain is subsiding.

Wilson! Pick the next Gosho and I'll post it if you don't have the time.

I hope everyone else is fine and that we are all keeping up with our abundant Daimoku! The life condition you elevate may be your own! HA!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.