What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EasyMyohoDisco

I get knocked down, but i get get up again daahdahdah dahdah dahdah!

I get knocked down, but i get get up again daahdahdah dahdah dahdah!

Life is a series of changes, a succession of ups and downs. But those who
possess a prime point, a home to which they can return no matter what happens,
are strong. To come home to the world of friendship in the SGI, to talk things
over and prepare for a fresh departure -- this is the way I hope all of you will
live. When you do, you will advance upon a fundamentally unerring path to
happiness.

Daisaku Ikeda

"I get knocked down and I get up again you're never gonna see me quit." I just had to chop down my entire garden and throw it out over night and I couldn't even sleep from the horror. I trembled and it was just the fucking pits! I can't even go into my growroom right now and I knew when the issue came to light, it was about time I had a bump in the road to bring my complete focus to Gohonzon.

As Socal's post above note, this is a great recipe for how an sgi members like me actively practice and work on kosen-rufu. I got a letter from my landlord saying "there are "noxious odors" emanating from your specific dwelling" among some other harsh language! Whoa, it was enough to bring me down, but surprisingly not as bad as I would've taken on any other day most likely. I was still in good spirits from the holiday and had to do a food tasting last night immediately after that issue and boy did I love that. I love food so much the pain of having to shut-down my medical station was slightly dulled momentarily. when i got home and talked to my brother in life and faith and said "hey man, I really feel I gotta let this situation run it's course and I maybe I should go against my intuition and keep them..." When he said he wouldn't and I shouldn't the reality of being surrounded by medical states considering legalization and living in a more draconian with regards to medical marijuana location in the US sucks. I'm sad but in a good way, happy to be safe.

So after we commiserated my mamma and I realized I didn't have the strength or will to go see them again because I was so upset until that point. So I spent the night writing a letter to my landlord and contemplating another letter to the unsettling neighbor who does not have smell issues when we burn meds,yet felt uncomfortable with the smell of fresh pungent botanicare fed foliage! Long story short I initiated dialogue with the landlord's agent and he admitted all the others in the immediate area received similar notice. I will write back since I'm now compliant but the tragedy of killing something very special showed me this will only strengthen my resolve and I will certainly chant more and adjust my life a little bit.

Purchasing meds is tough in this economy, American pot retail prices are increasing, as a chanting grower I can chant for anything and I will be chanting for more land to spread-out comfortably and that is what I'll do! This is going to be the best year yet despite this really fucked up situation. Together we will make it happen.

Don't be Afraid. Don't be Defeated. Faith! Victory of Gold!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Safety first Easy :) Live to grow another day !! good move my friend .
Nam myoho renge kyo

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I feel your pain Easy. I had to tear down QUITE A FEW of my ladies a few months ago. I'd have rather it me be the one chopping them down than LEO.

I'm glad everything is ok.

I will chant for more land for you :)

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Request: Chant for Lola

Request: Chant for Lola

My daughter and her husband moved to NoCal in june of last yr. Soon after they got their first puppy, Lola and real fell in love with her. It is their 1st pet together in the marriage of 2 1/2 yrs.

Yesterday I received a troubling email from Lisa that Lola has been on fluids/meds for all week and has a very low white blood cell count and is life threatning. Immiedately recvng those emails I went to Gohonzon and chanted for Lola and Lisa and her husband. After I chanted I wrote an email to Lisa encouraging her in her Buddhist faith that she can win in this situation with the Mugi Wasshin spirit and also wrote:

Don't be afraid
Don't be defeated
Faith
Victory of Gold!

Soon after I received a text msg from her and part of it was this:

Oso Reruna
Make Runa
Shinjin
Kinokatchi!
(translation above)

This blew me away I had shared this encouragement over 10yrs ago with her and she still remembered. I must assist her in her challenge with the Devil of the Sixth with this evil sickness attacking her loved one. We gonna kick some devil ass today!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
If you wish to free yourself from the sufferings of birth and death you have
endured since time without beginning and to attain without fail unsurpassed
enlightenment in this lifetime, you must perceive the mystic truth that is
originally inherent in all living beings. This truth is Myoho-renge-kyo.
Chanting Myoho-renge-kyo will therefore enable you to grasp the mystic truth
innate in all life.

(WND, 3)
On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime
Written to Toki Jonin in 1255

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
When we plant the seed of happiness that is faith and carefully tend its growth,
it will produce fruit without fail. We have to bear in mind, however, that we
cannot plant a seed today and expect it to bear fruit tomorrow. That's not
reasonable and Buddhism is reason. If we persevere in the practice of "faith
equals daily life" in accord with reason, then our prayers will definitely be
answered. This is Nichiren Daishonin's promise to us. And his words are true
beyond any doubt.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Myo means to revive, that is, to return to life."

(The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 149)
Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 6th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 345) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 7th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"By striving to help or foster others, one becomes stronger and grows as a human being. As the Indian non-violence champion Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948) noted: 'Life spent in service is the only fruitful life.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 7907, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 1, The Future 16, translated Jan 7th, 2010

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"My wish is that all my disciples make a great vow."

(The Dragon Gate - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1003) Selection source: Leaders' determination, Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 8th, 2010, Okinawa edition

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Saturday, January 9th, 2010

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"By striving to help or foster others, one becomes stronger and grows as a human being. As the Indian non-violence champion Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948) noted: 'Life spent in service is the only fruitful life.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 7907, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 1, The Future 16, translated Jan 7th, 2010.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
When chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo my scalp tingles, like where each hair strand is rooted on my head....and I feel a tingling in my skin, especially my arms, which all filters down my spine, somewhat what I'd refer to as a 'chill' or 'rush'....just wondering if anyone else experiences similar physical feelings when chanting...or if this is a manifestation in my mind???

Lots of prayers today for....Lola......spaceman.....Easy.

Easy.....I feel your pain....just as Babba says, live to grow another day.....have been there myself, my heart goes out to you!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
DG

scegy

I'm really glad you'r safe brother MyohoDisco, keep your faith strong!

Daimoku for Spaceman and Lola, wish you to be happy both.

Dutchgrown: i have simmilar experience from the start of my practice. I still get the chills now but not so often like in the start. I think that this happens from the freedome and gratitude that you get from the realization of something that you've never felt and known before. Every time Nam Myoho Renge Kyo sheds a light on another aspect in my life I get the same feeling.
When we plant the seed of happiness that is faith and carefully tend its growth,
it will produce fruit without fail. We have to bear in mind, however, that we
cannot plant a seed today and expect it to bear fruit tomorrow. That's not
reasonable and Buddhism is reason. If we persevere in the practice of "faith
equals daily life" in accord with reason, then our prayers will definitely be
answered. This is Nichiren Daishonin's promise to us. And his words are true
beyond any doubt.

Daisaku Ikeda

I'm really struggling on the bolded part, not just believing DI but also to every other being close to me. But i'm glad i realized that that's not gonna stop me because i trust NMRK i just lack the patience, always did.

I'm like the horny elephants that get crazy from the hormones and scavenge through Africa leaving devastation behind.

Am really working hard to believe i can get over this, have tried so many times, and failed repeatedly, but patience is the key, i will win someday i know that.

Peace and happiness to my fellow elephant brothers, thank you for being here

Caille

"Develop the mind of equilibrium.
You will always be getting praise and blame,
but do not let either affect the poise of the mind:
follow the calmness, the absence of pride."
-Sutta Nipata

"These teachings are like a raft, to be abandoned once you have crossed the flood.
Since you should abandon even good states of mind generated by these teachings,
How much more so should you abandon bad states of mind!
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth."
-The Dhammapada

"The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done,
we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change.
So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger,
but in wisdom, understanding and love."
-Jennifer Edwards

"Let your love flow outward through the universe,
To its height, its depth, its broad extent,
A limitless love, without hatred or enmity.
Then as you stand or walk,
Sit or lie down,
As long as you are awake,
Strive for this with a one-pointed mind;
Your life will bring heaven to earth."
-Sutta Nipata

Today I felt as though a man had wronged me, and so I turned to chanting and reading to remind myself of the beauty of accepting and loving my fellow man for who is, even the parts and pieces of his state and person that may agitate the waters of my calm. And to remind myself not to be prideful of my own state, but instead to focus on that which is. Accepting with love the world around me,

Alexis
*smiles*
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Hitman

Stay Strong, everyone! Tough times come, they really do suck, and then we get strong. We band together under the umbrella of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo an weather the storm!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.