What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As the American author and social activist Helen Keller (1880-1968) wrote: 'When once we make up our minds to do this and set out fearlessly, all outward circumstances and limitations give way before us.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 7771, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 55, translated May 13th, 2009

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Guys, you are making me cry tears of joy and optimism!

I cannot thank you all enough.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

scegy

Lapides stay positive and strong, let the lion roar in you!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo for you Lapides and your challange

I hope your all good my chanting friends, you'r in my heart every time i hit my bell. Lot of things has been happening, the new job i got is keeping me pretty busy and tired. I fight my devils every day and night but on the end it's more than worth it. I still think i should start smoking even less, because even 2-3 joints in the evening take 4 hours of my daily life on a floating condition that is pretty much useless now, would be great to smoke those 2 joints per week or less. I'm glad i have that goal.
The time is getting short this month

Treehugger buddy, thank you for stoping by and saying hello, keep in touch or land your ass here:)

MyohoDisco: I'm really happy to hear about your friends, i need to put more energy in that way too, thanks for reminding me buddy!

PTD: Thank you for keeping us busy with the study material, it's great to come here and read the studies with all of you Buddhas around!

Have a great day people!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

BE FUCKING HAPPY DUDE! DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. WORRY ABOUT NOT CHANTING AND DON'T WORRY IF YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!! You are protected and supported by the love of many! Enjoy that protection and don't give yourself a stroke worrying about the right thing to do. Have faith and your life will guide you there.

PassTheDoobie

(Sorry Brother! Sometimes I have no idea where what I say comes from. I went back to read what I had written to you and somehow, I encouraged myself! This just seemed like something worth sharing with everyone. I hope you don't mind.)

T :wave:

I needed this! Today I got back in the rough seas. However, I just finished a powerful gongyo and will really get my coursework off my plate in a timely manner because I have procrastinated my duty to school by staying later at work and every moment is crucial. Nice to see my brother Scegy representing the peace and reality of the parallel heart over by you. We are all just invincible people! I got everyone's back with daimoku here too especially lapides.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"A lion is fearless. A lion is never defeated. A lion never laments. A lion is swift. A lion roars. A lion runs. And, above all, a lion wins without fail."

SGI Newsletter No. 7778, 28TH SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 2], Forge Ahead like Lions, from the April 28th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated May 21st, 2009

joeking

I'm just finding my way around the forums here and thought I'd post up under the tree as well. I studied Budhism when I was incarcerated, it has helped me greatly in many aspects of being. Meditation can be such a useful tool in quieting the mind and allowing our tru nature to manifest;)

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Hello everyone!

PTD.....thank you for keeping me in your chants!

Heya Babba!! Hugs to you, MrsB...and hugs to EVERYONE!

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :jump:

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I earned a really great scholarship today and will be accepting this amazing gift!!!!! WHOA! I just got a huge benefit today!

I've been chanting alot lately since last week when I started to feel good about the new year situation. Thanks for all the support I'm very pleased today!

Peace to you DG! Let's help you get a Gohonzon before the end of the year or next year! We got your back girl.

All my best to all the Chanting Growers,
MyohoDisco

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DG!!! Dear Sister! YOU ARE BACK! Yes! And we trust you'll be saying your hello's right here from time to time. It's a good thing and I am happy for you because I know how much you love this place. I have never stopped chanting for you my friend, nor will I ever. I agree with Easy that by the end of ten, maybe you will get your Gohonzon!

I'll never stop encouraging you to do that!

Welcome Joeking!

Hey Chris, Bud and Easy!

I bow in humble obeisance to all!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep chanting for Lapides!!!

And a shout-out to my Bodhisattva Brother Flo!

Let's all stick together and support the very difficult effort of advancing our own lives!

Much love and deepest respect,

T (Thoughts, Words and Deeds)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I'm going to win, no matter what!" is such an important attitude to have. It is precisely when we do make such a decision to win that we are able to experience a wellspring of great wisdom and courage in our lives!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Suffer what is there to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 30th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As the Scottish historian Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) wrote: 'Thou, there where thou art, wrestle and [struggle] along, cheerfully to the end.' These words indicate the path of victory in life. Happiness doesn't exist somewhere else, separate from our daily lives. We need to begin to create happiness right where we are. That's the place where we should win. When we do so, the most challenging and adverse situation will be transformed into a golden, victorious Land of Eternally Tranquil Light."

SGI Newsletter No. 7782, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 3, High Seas 6, translated May 28th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Sis! FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK! I WAS THINKING OF YOU WHEN I POSTED IT!

OF COURSE YOU CAN ~ IF THE SHOES FIT, WEAR THEM!!!

STRENGTH TEACHES WEAKNESS HOW TO BE STRONG.

So teach them!

Much love and deepest respect,

T

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Thank you so much Tom for your words which 'always' elevate me!!!

It's a wonderful day...we each have within us the tools to make it that way!!!! We can turn dark times into warm rays of sunshine....and
grow ourselves stronger....keep chanting NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

dg

Last edited:

scegy

It's a joy to see such a colorful gathering of Buddhas up here in the air :)

Congratulations MyohoDisco on your success!

I'm lately experiencing benifits that i always thought are unreachable because of my low life state, always lamenting and arguing instead off advancing no matter what. But with strong resolution that i will win i can go over the barricades, realy slowy and carfully always having my devil radar turned ON.

After working in this job for 2 weeks now i'm starting to see some potential, disregarding the fact that i'm working in an office on the computer all the time which was in the past a real fear of mine. The potential is in being close and working with people that want sustainability, and my goal is to work or make a project or projects in permaculture food growing. But as said i need to be patient and not let my expectations run me over again, cos it's there i just gotta get to it and there is no other way then STEP BY STEP.

Thank you all for being here with me in this time

Status
Not open for further replies.