What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude, what sign are you!?!

Dude, what sign are you!?!

"So I think women have a more profound role in our society than we are willing to admit or foster support for. That is why to me the SGI-USA is the place to be in the 21st Century.

So all I have to do is chant nam myoho renge kyo for the happiness and success of all women. Be there when they ask me to. Leave when they do not want me around, and think well of them all the time, no matter what! This way I can fulfill the Buddha's wish and my Vow at the same time," How to open the way for others with my thoughts, words and deeds."

Just my thoughts about my practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.

VegasBuddha"

Pat! God damn man! I am about to jump in the car and head north on I 15! You are so right. Where would we all be without their efforts! It is amazing, but I came to a similar personal observation. However I had never thought to utilize this truth as so simple of a manner in which to fulfill my Vow.

That is really correct Daimoku dude! Your Buddha Nature is in gear! Definitely not idling. I have come to look forward to sharing with you a little each day. I hope others are reading this and getting something out of it. If they aren't?

All I know is I sure am. Without women, men would have destroyed this planet a long time ago. Women were/are the primary agent for the spreading of the Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra throughout the world in the last 70 years.

Let's face it, beyond the biological neccessity of man, NONE of us would be here without women. Now I am sure neither of us is arbitrarily dogging our own sex. The key to me is what Pat said in his post:

"So I think women have a more profound role in our society than we are willing to admit or foster support for."

It's too bad. Common sense and history would seem to indicate that doing so would make the world a better place for all of us!

So thank you ladies. Just for being there! Be patient. We (men) will figure it out eventually.

Pass the fucking doobie!

T

G

PTB,
As you noticed, a ladies group of growers appears just as we speak of the power of women, and the power the give to society. Quite timely!

The SGI treatts women and men as equal in all aspect of life. Our organization has more sincere women than man any day. I believe it is because women live with their hearts while men live with their minds.

Nichiren taught about tamashi or the essential nature or life essence of a life. This life essence is both mind and heart. or soul, if you will. When we combine our heart and our mind and allow our heart to lead the way, we have achieved what women do with ease daily. However, men usually get it backwards and lead with their heads.

Compassion and Wisdom, the two Buddha's Shakyamuni and Many Treasures, Heart and Mind, the 0neness of the Law of Life and the Person. Which leads and which follows. Many Treasures appears to listen to the truth, while Shakyamuni appears out of compassion for ALL people.

Women seem to understand that compassion far surpasses wisdom any day. The reason for the Buddha's advent was his "behaviour". Women understand this more so than men do as well.

BTW, I have a daughter that lives in Riverside, CA. Perhaps we can meet out there or out here in Vegas sometime. Share stories, doobies, and times.

I also look forward to see what you have to say as well. I to hope others have stoped by to learn how to chant to help their plants grow and their lives frow, both at the same time.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
"Like the Roar of the Lion"

VegasBuddha

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are up as early as me dude!

You are up as early as me dude!

go back to bed!

T

Folks, the high life conditioned, profound and wise Pat has gotten up at 5:00AM to share this with us today. As usual, I'm going to think a bit before I say much more.

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sometimes Pat, you are too hard of an act to follow!

Sometimes Pat, you are too hard of an act to follow!

I noticed the womens group and smiled too. I look forward to catching up with you wherever I need to be for that to happen. I hope everyone understands what it is you are saying:

Compassion and Wisdom,
the two Buddha's Shakyamuni and Many Treasures,
the 0neness of the Law of Life and the Person.

Which leads and which follows.

Many Treasures appears to listen to the truth,
while Shakyamuni appears out of compassion for ALL people.

Women seem to understand that compassion far surpasses wisdom any day.

How profound! How simply correct! Mahayana versus Hinayana. The basis of bodhisattvahood. Embracing life for the sake of all people rather than a life focus just toward oneself. Thank you!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where you have men and women you have husbands and wives

Where you have men and women you have husbands and wives

In the Gosho, Nichiren Daishonin says : "The husband is like the pillar of a house; the wife, the beam. The husband is like the legs; while the wife is like the body; The husband is like the wings; while the wife is like the body of the bird. If the wings and body are separated, how can the bird fly? If the pillar has fallen to the ground, the beam falls down with it. If one is not at home, the the family has, so to speak, "lost it's heart."

Nichiren Daishonin also states: "to become a wife is to let the husband support by supporting him. When one is happy, the other will be fulfilled. It is not only in this lifetime, but in life after life, eternally that husband and wife are like the shadow and body, flower and fruit, root and leaves. A worm that lives on a tree eats the tree; fish that live in water drink the water; when grass dies orchids cry; and when pines flourish, oaks rejoice. Even tree and grass are so closely related. 'Hiyoku' is a bird with only one body and two heads; both of its mouths nourish the same body. 'Himoku' are fish with only one eye each, so the male and female remain together for life. A husband and a wife should be like them"

Thomas

G

PTB,
That is so beuatiful. The description of husband and wife, and man and woman, two yet not two. Both embracing wisdom and compassion equally! How beautiful. Lighting the eternal light of happiness through individual relationships, just as Shakyamuni Buddha did in his time.

One more person, a new firend to meet and greet, just as Boddhisattva Never Disparaging did, "I would never diaparage you, as you are all practicing the Boddhisattva way and will attain Buddhaqhood"

VegasBuddha

Hitman

Happy Day

Happy Day

Haven't been here for a while sounds like everyone is well. I remember the first time I did gongyo, when I made a connection, felt like I was being plugged in to a great positive force, I couldn't believe how tears rolled down my cheeks, tears of Joy. What do you think of the shortened condensed A and C rather that all five parts. On one hand you can get more diamoku in but on the other you don't have to really shift gears and grind through. Peace:wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where does it say that anywhere?

Where does it say that anywhere?

Babbabud,
Just curious. What do you think stops the flow in that circumstance? What is the point of reference for making such a claim? (there is no hostility in my question, merely a desire to create a dialogue)

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Hitman! Where ya been?

Hi Hitman! Where ya been?

Oh you know? I think gongyo is as gongyo does.

(By the way, for those unfamiliar with the practice of Nichiren Daishonisn's Buddhism, Goygyo is the process of recitation of specific sections of the 2nd and 16th chapters of the Lotus Sutra, accompanying prayers pertaining to our daily life and the establishment of World Peace.

We do Gongyo in the morning and evening. Until recent years, the process was very time consuming for many, with five prayers in the morning, three in the evening. Each prayer requiring the recitation of the above mentioned areas of the Lotus Sutra.

As a modern movement, and out of compassion for the efforts and realities of 21st century practitioners, the decision was made to abbreviate the neccessity of all of that Sutra chanting for the purpose of reinvigorating the focus of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo as much as possible each and every day.)

For my whole practice, gongyo was always the biggest challenge. I think that coincides with having a stoner, hippy dude karma, though thanks to Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, even with that kind of personna, I was able to climb the corporate ladder and start my own companies by the time is was in my very early thirties, successfully.

In my experience, the essence of Gongyo is it's function of glue to you and a daily practice. My experience was always that the biggest downside of missing gongyo, was that the cause would make you miss it again. I think it is really really difficult to be consistently chanting every day without gongyo being part of that process.

I was happy that they went to the new format, because I had been following it for years. You know, no one will ever discourage you from doing five full prayers in the morning and three in the evening. Given the freedom, do you know of anyone still doing so?

And yes, I will never forget the first time I heard it. I walked into my first discussion meeting after Gongyo had started. As I heard the beautiful music of the Lotus Sutra being shared and spoken sonorously, among a diverse gathering of completely different types of people, it made me so happy! When I heard what I was hearing I said to myself, " I have got to learn how to say this! If I do, my friends are going to know I am into some heavy shit then!"

And from that day forward, I have been doing shakubuku!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The portion of the 2nd chapter of the Lotus Sutra we recite during Gongyo

The portion of the 2nd chapter of the Lotus Sutra we recite during Gongyo

Myo ho renge kyo.
Hoben-pon. Dai ni.

Niji seson. Ju sanmai. Anjo ni ki. Go shari-hotsu. Sho-but chi-e. Jinjin muryo. Go chi-e mon. Nange nannyu. Issai shomon. Hyaku-shi-butsu. Sho fu no chi. Sho-i sha ga. Butsu zo shingon. Hyaku sen man noku. Mushu sho butsu. Jin gyo sho-butsu. Muryo doho. Yumyo shojin. Myosho fu mon. Joju jinjin. Mi-zo-u ho. Zui gi sho setsu. Ishu nange . Shari-hotsu. Go ju jo-butsu irai. Shuju innen. Shuju hiyu. Ko en gonkyo. Mu shu hoben. Indo shujo. Ryo ri sho jaku. Sho-i sha ga. Nyorai hoben. Chi-ken hara-mitsu. Kai i gu-soku. Shari-hotsu. Nyorai chi-ken. Kodai jinnon. Muryo muge. Riki. Mu-sho-i. Zenjo. Gedas. Sanmai. Jin nyu musai. Joju issai. Mi-zo-u ho. Shari-hotsu. Nyorai no. Shuju fun-betsu. Gyo ses sho ho. Gon ji nyunan. Ekka shushin. Shari-hotsu. Shu yo gon shi. Muryo muhen. Mi-zo-u ho. Bus shitsu joju. Shi shari-hotsu. Fu shu bu setsu. Sho-i sha ga. Bus sho joju. Dai ichi ke-u. Nange shi ho. Yui butsu yo butsu. Nai no kujin. Shoho jisso.

Sho-i shoho. Nyo ze so. Nyo ze sho. Nyo ze tai. Nyo ze riki. Nyo ze sa. Nyo ze in. Nyo ze en. Nyo ze ka. Nyo ze ho. Nyo ze honmak kukyo to.

G

Just a thought. If something remains nameless, how can it be called or observed?

If the Law of Life remains nameless than the way can not be opened for the many people of the evil age of Mappo, after the death of the Buddha.

Nichiren Daishonin teaches there are two Gods scalled ame name and same birth, each follows you throughout your life reporting every action, both good and bad. This is called Karma.

Nichiren Daishonin teaches "karma evaporates like morning dew on flowers in the first moments of sunrise. Through embracing the Wonderful Law of Life, called Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

Nichiren Daishonin also teaches, "all phenomena are no more than nam myoho renge kyo." All phenomena refers to the emptiness Shakyamuni Buddha expounded in the Lotus Sutra, the highest teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha.

Shakyamuni Buddha expounds in the Lotus Sutra, "This is the King of Sutra's!"

I have always been taught to follow the Buddha's highest teachings only. Only those teachings lead to true enlightenment in this life, just as we are,. Just lijke Shakyamuni Buddha expounded in the Devedatta Chapter of the Lotus regarding the Dragon King's daughter. Even Women and animals can become enlightened through the Lotus Sutra.

Nam Myoho renge Kyo, The Law of Life now has a name.

How are you doing Hitman?.:wave:

VegasBuddha

G

I have a feeing that when I meet you guys Im gonna Huh? you to death. Watch it people these guys will shakubuku the hell out of you.

Blatant

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More grins from listening to Blatant!

More grins from listening to Blatant!

Huh?

Dave? Dave? Dave?

Dave's not here!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
naming stops the flow

naming stops the flow

The Tao is nameless, Like uncarved wood, As soon as it is carved there are names, Carve carefully , Along the grain

Hitman

Hi Everyone on IC.

Hi Everyone on IC.

Hey Vegasbuddah:wave: PasstheDoobie:wave: Blatant:wave: That was very funny Blatant. I chanted right with Doobie, Vegas what you've been saying is very inspiring! You and Doobie must have been some amazing YMD members (Young Men's Division).

Bubbaabud, you have to explain more about naming and the flow. You all lost me on that. Give what a name?

I hope everyone's buds are very puffy and healthy. I am using EJ, Top max, and Big Bloom It's all new to me. Each time we learn more and get smoke too.

PasstheDoobie , can you tell me more about your veg lights because the sound interesting and I need more light! I have to take a hit. <<<<Burns bright, holds in, exhales>>>>> ooooh its so good:abduct:

G

Hitman,
Always lots of fun. I am using GH series along with Docs Grow and Bloom and Super Veg. It seems this trio along wiht a little fossil fuel and root juice and my nine day old clones have roots already in the drink. amazing.

Blatant. You can huh as much as you want. smiling. As long as you chant nam myoho renge kyo the rest will come in time. It is like the Buddha said, plant your tree close to a larger tree, to gain shade and growth. Nichiren says, A bluefly can cling to a racehourse and travel thousands of miles. The wysteria can climb the mighty Pine.

All things have a name. Even the original Buddha has a name. his name is Myoho Renge Kyo, thus Come One.

The teachings of Buddhism teach that "Buddhism is daily life and daily is Buddhism", as well as "Buddhism is reason." It would be unreasonable to assume the greatest power in the universe remains nameless and formless.

The reason for the Buddha's advent was his behaviour.

VegasBuddha

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hitman!

Hitman!

Is VB a bad mofo or what! Right on! Right on! And a very loud AAO! Thank you sir. Thank you , thank you, thank you!

It makes me happy to hear what you say. This is a GOOD thing.. People are encouraged. People are provoked and challenged. People are expressive. People are reflective.

People are Shakubuku'ed.

How cool!

G

PTD,
We are all travelling along the path. Some more aware than others, notheless still travelling along the path.

"I have profound reverencew for you. I would never dare treat you with disparagement or arrogance. Why? Because are all prctciing the Bodhisattva Wayand are certain to attain Buddhahood." The Lotus Sutra Never Disparaging Chapter

I am not saying your understandoing oif the Ultimate Law of life as being nameles, but Shakyamuni Buddha teaches otherwise, as does Nichiren Daishonin. Nichiren Daishonin does teach of ichinen sanzen, not juts eternal life., just as Dengyo and Chi-i did in their hearts.

Eternal life is expressed in the Buddha's Behavour.

"Although I appear to enter extinction. I am always here!" Shakyamuni Buddha

VegasBuddha

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those who make offerings to the Lotus Sutra will receive the same benefit as they would by making offerings to all the Buddhas and bodhisattvas in the ten directions, because all the Buddhas of the ten directions originate from the single character myo. Suppose a lion has a hundred cubs. When the lion king sees its cubs attacked by other beasts or birds of prey, he roars; the hundred cubs will then feel emboldened, and the heads of those other beasts and birds of prey will be split into seven pieces. The Lotus Sutra is like the lion king, who rules over all other animals.

That's all Pat is saying. Right Pat?

T

Status
Not open for further replies.