What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thoughts Easy thanks for giving me something also to think about. It was just something I remember from back in the day but also don't think any of it shuold be quantified but SGI is always throwing out the number goals and I like your perspective and thoughts all about it; so no THANK YOU for giving me something to think about today.
This is from "The Lessons on the Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life. 10. The Cluster of Blessings Brought By the Bodhisattvas of the Earth. The Practice of the Buddha's True Disciple to Awaken all People to the Power of the Mystic Law Inherent in Life" in Living Buddhism, Page 73

Bodhisattvas of the Earth are unhindered by such distinctions as nationality, culture or race. In fact, our global network of Bodhisattvas of the Earth is today forging deep mutual understanding and sympathy transcending differences of ideology, creed and religion. All people are equal, and everyone is worthy of respect. When we awaken to the incredible power that lies within us, we can change our world.

With much Daimoku....Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Gonna have a toso this afternoon, your all invited...

Come on over around 4pm and lets chant abundant daimoku for everything within our hearts collectively, world peace and kosen-rufu!

Big things on the way! BIG BIG THINGS!! We survived this week, next week and the week after are gonna be excellent opportunities for shakubuku and hard work! Heck, Everyday is a great day for Shakubuku! Who's with me!!!!

:wave: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

EasyMyohoDisco said:
Gonna have a toso this afternoon, your all invited...

Come on over around 4pm and lets chant abundant daimoku for everything within our hearts collectively, world peace and kosen-rufu!

Big things on the way! BIG BIG THINGS!! We survived this week, next week and the week after are gonna be excellent opportunities for shakubuku and hard work! Heck, Everyday is a great day for Shakubuku! Who's with me!!!!

:wave: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!
I am totally with you EasyMyohoDisco...ooohyaooohya<sorry trying make a disco noise but how about I'll just say NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO! finished four today will do one more hour and join u now Easy it seems with the time difference the moment is NOW! LOL Buddhism is WIN or LOSE... and everyone here is WINNING!

So Be It, Will it So...Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho that's Who! :headbange

scegy

hello friends!

time is running wild lately + i've been deviling my head constantly, outside pressure
so, it's kinda heavy metal right now for me and i'm exhausted to the point that i find comfort only by chanting, it feels great on the other hand that i've found an old true friend of mine, the one that can really help, me.

i miss you People, please come back!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
If even Shariputra, the foremost in wisdom among the disciples of the
Buddha, failed to understand people's capacity, then how much more
difficult must it be for ordinary teachers today, in the Latter Day of
the Law, to have such an understanding! Ordinary teachers who lack an
understanding of people's capacity should teach only the Lotus Sutra to
those who are under their instruction.

(WND, 49)
The Teaching, Capacity, Time, and Country
Recipient unknown; written on February 10, 1262

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Kosen-rufu (world peace) is a supreme, golden path extending throughout the Latter Day of the Law into the eternal future. Let us continue to advance
boldly and intrepidly along this path as Nichiren Daishonin teaches.

This is the way world peace will be accomplished. If we do not widely
spread the principles and ideals of the Daishonin's Buddhism, there
will be no hope for the peace and happiness of humankind."

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For a dear friend...

For a dear friend...

PassTheDoobie said:
Nyaku noran sha zu ha shichibun

Those who vex and trouble [the practitioners of the Law] will have their heads split into seven pieces.

[the above phrase is inscribed on the face of the Object of Devotion for Observing the Mind]

...by request from 5-29-06. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo Sister!

I'm chanting for you still! Same for you Bud! Tomorrow is a big day. Expect the unexpected but hold steadfast in your faith!

I bow in obeisance,

Thomas

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Shakyamuni Buddha who attained enlightenment countless kalpas ago, the
Lotus Sutra that leads all people to Buddhahood, and we ordinary human
beings are in no way different or separate from one another. To chant
Myoho-renge-kyo with this realization is to inherit the ultimate Law of
Life and Death. This is a matter of the utmost importance for
Nichiren's disciples and lay supporters, and this is what it means to
embrace the Lotus Sutra.

(WND, 216)
The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life
Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo on February 11, 1272

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"The moment we resolve "I will become healthy!" "I will become
strong!" "I will work cheerfully for kosen-rufu!" our lives begin to
move in that direction. We have to make up our minds."

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Thus faith is the basic requirement for entering the way of the Buddha.
In the fifty-two stages of bodhisattva practice, the first ten stages,
dealing with faith, are basic, and the first of these ten stages is
that of arousing pure faith. Though lacking in knowledge of Buddhism, a
person of faith, even if dull-witted, is to be reckoned as a person of
correct views. But even though one has some knowledge of Buddhism, if
one is without faith, then one is to be considered a slanderer and an
icchantika, or person of incorrigible disbelief.

(WND, 141-42)
The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra
Recipient unknown; written on January 6, 1266

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"The important thing is to hold firm to your beliefs without being
influenced or swayed by what others do or say. Those who live this way
are strong and free of regret. What matters most is how you lead your
life -- not what those around you are doing."

Daisaku Ikeda

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

"Muster your faith, and pray to the Gohonzon. Then what is there that cannot be achieved?

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Like the Roar of the Lion :)

B

baccas125

For you Babba!!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. You and the Mrs have been in my thoughts alot recently.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
PassTheDoobie said:
Nyaku noran sha zu ha shichibun

Those who vex and trouble [the practitioners of the Law] will have their heads split into seven pieces.

[the above phrase is inscribed on the face of the Object of Devotion for Observing the Mind]

PassTheDoobie said:
...by request from 5-29-06. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo Sister!

I'm chanting for you still! Same for you Bud! Tomorrow is a big day. Expect the unexpected but hold steadfast in your faith!

I bow in obeisance,

Thomas

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrongs were righted today! Thank you to everyone who has had us in their chants...has been a long, stressful, and extremely emotional time but has been brought to a finality today...have faith, never give up, believe...those are but just a few of the words of wisdom and encouragement shared over the past couple of years from PTD...thank you for always being there!

Wow...all I can say is WOW! Goodness has prevailed!

The Judge sitting in the High Court today in London saw through all the lies and subterfuge, conniving, scheming and blatant dishonesty perpetrated by a very evil entity...the same one who allowed the mockery of my sig line contents Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo to be used to belittle and make fun of those who believe. PTD told me just a few days ago how wrong that was!! The evil one really went too far! Today is a sweet victory!

On a lighter and happy note....just across the hall in the next courtroom was Paul McCartney and his ex (Heather Mills)...the paparazzi was everywhere...lol. When we broke for lunch there were more cameras than I could count, TV, the works... After returning from lunch the Judge rendered his verdict in our case.... Gypsy and I darted off outside for a quick smoke during a 15 minute recess to give the Judge time to assimilate all the judgments he would be making against the evil one...well, up strolls Paul McCartney...I was sooooo dumbfounded I couldn't utter a syllable...but Gypsy so calmly looked at him and said 'Rock On Paul', to which he smiled as he glanced at Gypsy and acknowledged his words with an affirmative 'Yeah...Thanks'! The irony I find in this is.........

It's been a LONG AND WINDING ROAD...and to see Paul up close (in touching distance) within minutes of our verdict...well, it just seems a bit ironic...in my mind anyway.:D

I can not begin to tell you all how much your chants for us, thoughts and faith in wrongs being righted today means to us!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh, to finally be able to relax.

Thanks,
dg

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
So So happy for you guys!!! What a great day !!!

"Muster your faith , pray to the Gohonzon. Then what is there that cannot be achieved? "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts