What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
woohoo for more posts and I get to read my private messages!

From World Tribune, December 21, 2007. Study material for January Discussion meetings. We will be discussing this at the Dist(another district)., January 19th New Year's kickoff meeting. It is called "How Do You Define Yourself?

When you look at those of superior capacity, do not disparage yourself. The Buddha's true intention was that no one, even those of inferior capacity, be denied enlightenment. Conversely, when you compare yourself with persons of inferior capacity, do not be arrogant and overproud. Even persons of superior capacity may be excluded from enlightenment if they do not devote themselves wholeheartedly" (WND, vol 1, p. 62 Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra.)

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

georgialouWho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GeorgialouWho said:
:bow:

I wanted to share this from Danny Nagashima from 2005:

You can analyze your situation all you want. You have to get to the root of why "I don't believe in the greatness of my life." You have to grab it by the roots and yank it out of your life. You must chant to awaken your own greatness. Chant to appreciate and value your life. The answer is probably so simple, but since we tend to over-analyze, it gets complicated and the solution seems far away. Your mission as a Buddhist is to become happy--not to master suffering. We have the negative and positive parts of us--one says 'who are you kidding', the other 'you can do it'. You have to fight to not give into your negativity. This is not about being a writer, artist, actor, etc., it's about becoming the man/woman you always wanted to become, a man/woman who really values his/her life.

THE OBSTACLES YOU FACE ARE THE ANSWER TO YOUR PRAYER

Those feelinsg of self-doubt, those feelings that 'I'm a failure' those are the feelings that I have to face and address. How you feel about yourself, that feeling of self-loathing of not being good enough, of being a sham... Those are the feelings that you have to face. Your talent is not being questioned; It's about how you feel about yourself. That is the karma. You have to value your own life, to appreciate that it has NOTHING to do with some one else validating you. Follow your heart, follow your Buddhahood, and the effect from that, the benefit from that, will be MASSIVE.

You need to follow your heart, truly treasure your life. When Nicheren Daishonin inscribed the Dai-Gohonzon, he was already chanting daimoku and out of the greatness of his life his Buddhahood, his enlightened state, he inscribed the Dai-Gohonzon for all humanity so that everyone could relieve his or her suffering. When you sit in front of the Gohonzon, and chant, you have to have the most reverence for your life. The Gohonzon is the embodiment of your enlightened life, the same as his, therefore your life deserves that kind of reverence.

If you chant for two weeks, to really be a man/woman of unimited self-esteem and to really, truly appreciate your life including your flaws, your accomplishments, your defeats, your losses, your victories, all you have created and truly APPRECIATE YOUR TALENT as (whatever you are) for two weeks, then EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE.

Forget about all the past 'garbage', put it away, that will only make you feel impotent. From today on really chant about being that man/woman of unlimited self-esteem. Really appreciate everything about your life; all the things about you that make you incredibly unique and wonderful. All your sufferings, problems, heartaches, will be the stuff you need, in order to share your experience, to encourage and inspire others with. Focus on really, truly awakening to your greatness. This is the opportunity (suffering, obstacles, lack of self-esteem) you needed to go through in order to become outrageously successful--so you can fulfill your dream. If you focus on this-really valuing your life now, then everything will fall into place and in a much bigger way. This is something no one can give you; the universe is showing you what you need to tackle. When you first chant this way, a lot of 'garbage' may come out of your life, a lot of negativity, awful feelings may surface, let it pass through you like flu, and transform the darkness. See the enlightened side of your fear. We always bring into our lives what matches our life condition. Chant to feel incredible joy about your worth. You will feel and know your self worth and greatness.

Your not being able to do whatever you determined to do is a manifestation deep down of your feeling of fear, that you are not good enough, that you do not have it in you. You must get yourself to a place where there is the greatness of your life, then everything will be transformed. We have to believe in our Buddhahood. When we face the Gohonzon, we should say, 'I'm going to praise my wonderful life.' It is important to awaken to your own greatness, your life is the Gohonzon, now is the time for you to start over.

When you pray to a deity, your prayer becomes passive, our life is the MYSTIC LAW. This law is not outside you. When you get a benefit, it was you who created it. You must awaken to your greatness, appreciate and value your own life. It is no different to the enlightened life of Nicheren Daishonin, embodied in the Gohonzon.

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

GeorgialouWho :rasta:

Dear sister, please re-read your post from before. It's about winning or losing. In my experience, when one rationalizes what one is experiencing, one loses. No matter what may have occurred in the physical world, the reality expressed by our philosophy says that based on the truth of dependent origination, you both share the karma for whatever you two have experienced that has precipitated this event. As I know you’ll agree, there are no “victims” in Buddhism.

We all make karma, we all reflect karma, and everything around us is a medium of conveyance of this truth and reality of our lives that is of our own creation. Many of your friends here, while not expressing it outwardly in their posts, are going though equally difficult times. Trust that you are not the lone ranger in terms of magnitude of difficulty.

I also trust you will go out of your way to make your husband feel as equally comfortable here as you are, since you found it necessary to specifically qualify what his screen name is and what the two of you are going through. This isn’t the place to discuss your personal issues between one another, as I’m sure you’ll both agree. Unless ALL of the facts are discussed, it isn’t fair to reveal bits and pieces. I appreciate in advance the two of you respecting that point, and if you both want to bear it ALL do so, but not in bits and pieces as that leads to innuendo and prejudice.

And I also want to thank you for confirming to me that you somehow had access to my email! Gohonzon had been vibing me on that since your ‘outta here’ post. I had been worried about whether you had had a chance to read it after all. Trust that I never knowingly get in the middle of issues I view as circumstances of co-dependence without it having been able to be acknowledged by both parties in advance. In my experience, it never works.

I care so much for both of you! At a minimum, please know that I have chanted A LOT for BOTH of you and have every confidence that the course of events that transpire in your futures will lead you to the happiness you both deserve. Don’t accept what you are experiencing, if that experience is suffering! That’s BULLSHIT!

Don’t be sad, get mad! Get mad at your own fundamental darkness! If you take for granted that you are fundamentally light, and therefore this is all just a challenge to your happiness (a situation to endure) rather than a reflection of your faith and practice (a situation to change), then I think you risk missing the huge opportunity for personal growth that all of this crap is really there for you to do.

In other words, your children and everyone else around you need you to be on your game. YOU need to be on your game. It’s winning or losing, right? I hope at some point you can understand that this is where I am truly, from the bottom of my heart, coming from. Been there, done that.

It always ends up being, “It’s up to you!” Much love and deep respect,

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Daishonin states,
"Myo means to revive, (that is, to return to life.)"*
Let's live out our lives based on the Mystic Law,
and draw forth the power and strength to live from the very depth of our lives.
Let's be absolutely determined to play out
great victorious dramas of human life!

Daisaku Ikeda

* "The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra" - WND-I, page 149

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babbabud said:
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Ok I have a question... lets see where this discussion takes us ? ... Just wondering is there any slander involved in having Nam Myoho Renge Kyo tattooed in like a band around my leg ? Would love to have it writtin in sanscript, japanese , and english bands. All three bands one above the other on my leg. Thoughts ??
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Since your Body is nothing more than a manifestation of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, I don't see how having it inked on, in itself, is a slander. The slander comes from intent and/or carelessness. Is it to be cool or is it because of genuine devotion to the Law? I would suggest against the leg because it is basically a lower part of the body. Would it be a slander to have your piss accidently run over words you put there? In my opinion, yes. One has a responsibility to honor the Law by one's actions.

This is just my personal opinion, but if I was going to tattoo myself, as I have considered exactly what you are, I wouldn't go below the bottom of my heart. That gives you plenty of space and keeps the words from bodily functions and the body parts that facilitate them. As far as the words are concerned, if you go with Sanskrit, it is no longer going to say 'Nam-myoho-renge-kyo' as far as sound is concerned. May I suggest instead the three lines of the Sutra Book. The top tiny row is Japanese, next is classical Chinese, and of course we read from the line of transliterated English letters. Did that help?

T

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Hello!

Good morning, I was just singing this song in my head a little while ago and wanted to share it with everyone, its the theme song from the hit 90s comedy show "In Living Color" just an excerpt-
"You could Doooooo whatcha wanna do in Living Color"
Baritone Voice "In Living Color".... I feel great I feel colorful We are going to really do well in February, I'm launching myself with a strong determination to focus on faith, practice and study more consistently and live free.

Yes, Its refreshing to chant every morning, its better if you chanted at night too because you goto sleep refreshed and wake up refreshed only to freshen up your spirit even more, The mirror gleams light like Georgia says! It just amazing to me to be able to convey my energy in a script translated by energy driven computers! I must admit dependence upon Gohonzon now in my life because I'm putting it all out there and just doing the best I can to work on kosen-rufu everyday. Someone told me in school last night I looked exhausted, but today I feel great and that's what matters to me, a good present and an amazing future. Birth and Death are not suffering but celebrations seems like the refreshment of Morning and evening Gongyo now that I think about it, lol. Anyway, truth be told I'm here with you now.... Let's keep Babbas next victory within the crosshairs, Socals amazing posts flowing, Bonzos amazing encouragement cascading on icmag, Scegy's latest experience towards having a Gohonzon enshrined in his home and SouthernGirl and GordyP's next experiences and a big hello from Dutchgrown as well as the truth told by Hitman one of the original members from PAGE 1 POST 1! Plus more from recent participants and old including Mr.Wags, Baccas125, Bartender187, AlwaystotheLeft, LeonardodaVinci, Sleepy, Treehuggers, Desi, Chris (Payaso), and everyone else that slips my mind like Capt.Crip and everyone.

I'm proud to be a part of this Group, we are really a 24/7 meeting and keeping my ass in check, gotta keep whooping the devil everytime he attacks! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

Last edited:
Wow T much apologies for offending you in anyway; you obviously didn't really read my heart. President Ikeda is always talking about the heart. I know how you didn't really read my posts because I have always gone out of my way to make my husband feel comfortable and here would be no different. YOu are not the only one with intuition or vibe from the gohonzon. I am very well aware that this is an open to all thread but lets not kid ourselves there are mostly men in here and I have been already feeling the gender divide in our lives; which i find bs. I already apologized before for projecting that onto this thread. I don't have access to your email and wouldn't know how to. YOu also didn't get the fact that because of our practice we have been able to get along and be compassionate with each other and still be able to be at meetings together, go to our son's (who is type 1 diabetic) doctors appointments which are far away and we travel together; we celebrated my birthday together. When the Babas come over we all hang out together. We truly love and respect each other and know this is karma we are finishing out from previous lives. I am not justifying anything. I never have NOT gotten it from the beginning that this is my karma...from the beginning.
I get it is all me and do you get that what comes up in this thread is all YOU?
YOu don't get to berate me then tell me that you are chanting for me and my family that is NOT the SGI way that is the priesthood way....President Ikeda is always talking about the heart......from my heart to yours
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
GeorgialouWho

Okay one quick question for you PTB: what would be be the difference between me sharing at an actual meeting and sharing here. I would be using dd's real name and there is nothing wrong with me sharing MY experience; if I gave details then there would be judgement,etc, I was sharing MY experience and I have in no way slandered him in anyway; I was sharing what I am going through and believe me our kids our first and foremost in our minds and our hearts. Trying re reading my post....happy new moon!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This isn't a district meeting. It has never been conveyed as one and will never be one. That's the difference.

GeorgialouWho said:
I get it is all me and do you get that what comes up in this thread is all YOU?
YOu don't get to berate me then tell me that you are chanting for me and my family that is NOT the SGI way that is the priesthood way....President Ikeda is always talking about the heart......from my heart to yours
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
GeorgialouWho

How have I berated you??? And when did I say anything about you offending me? Did I somehow imply that you didn't know that this was your own karma? I don't think in anyway that is what I said. But I'm sorry if I did, I sure didn't mean to.

My point is that a lot of your posts are about your divorce and all the pain it is causing you rather than your goals for the future and your determination to change things. You can rationalize yourself anyway you want to sweetie. There is no gender divide here. That is not the case at all.

I was also not saying that you were making your husband feel uncomfortable here. I was asking that you not say things to make him feel uncomfortable. Continuously bringing up what you two are going through is making ME uncomfortable! I think by now we all get the picture. And we have all expressed sincerely, our support for you.

I can and have chanted a LOT for you, especially in the last week. If you don't believe that, there is nothing I can do about it. And by the way, the email I was referring to was the first one I sent to D and I think you know that. You used the word 'neutral' way too many times and I chanted too much about it to not believe that, no matter what you say.

The heart can also be used as a tool of manipulation. Do you know how many times you have posted that you have a child that is a type1 diabetic? I don't have much time for that. That's just me, but I've been like that here for going on four years. Sorry!

I am trying to help, not hurt. Believe that or don't. I've reread your post several times.

T

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Great events never have minor omens. When great evil occurs, great good
follows. Since great slander already exists in our land, the great
correct Law will spread without fail. What could any of you have to
lament? Even if you are not the Venerable Mahakasyapa, you should all
perform a dance. Even if you are not Shariputra, you should leap up and
dance. When bodhisattva Superior Practices emerged form the earth, did
he not emerge dancing?

(WND, 1119)
Great Evil and Great Good
Date and recipient unknown

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The Buddha taught that the blessings of a single offering to the votary
of this sutra are a hundred, thousand, ten thousand, million times
greater than those of offering countless treasures to Shakyamuni Buddha
for eighty million kalpas. When one encounters this sutra, one will
overflow with happiness and shed tears of joy. It seems impossible to
repay one's debt to Shakyamuni Buddha. But by your frequent offerings
to me deep in this mountain you will repay the merciful kindness of
both the Lotus Sutra and Shakyamuni Buddha.

(WND, 1027)
Letter to Niike
Written to Niike Saemon-no-jo in February 1280

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Please never turn your back on your faith. Courage is crucial. There is
no room for faintheartedness in faith. The timid doom themselves to
ridicule -- from their partners, from their children, from their
friends, from the world at large. The Daishonin declares that there is
no place for cowards among his disciples. President Toda said the same."

Daisaku Ikeda

DharmaDawg

Greetings and Nam Myoho Renge Kyo all. I have so much to say and want to make the words come out right. First of all, thanks Easy, I have the tune of "In Living Color" now dancing through my head. which really isn't that bad. Anyway I always recieve much encouragement from this site and am in much admiration of ALL of you. But, T. Wow!!!! Those are pretty harsh words to take out on G. In no way did I take offense to anything that she had expressed, nor do I care who knows that I am connected to her in a big way. Especially here with fellow members. This is where I would think we would get the most support. Unfortunatly, I have made a mess of our marriage being unfaithful, dishonest, not giving of my authentic self, and pretty much being a straight out asshole. I am not in any way being a victim in this situation. As you stated there are no "Victims" in Buddhism. The details I would rather keep between us. I am trying to discover an enlightened path and a new level of spirituality. This thread and my correspondence with you help.

I feel as Fellow SGI members we ALL have the right to express our thoughts and feelings and most of all emotions, without fear of judgment from our buddhist family.
I take offense to your comment about how many times G has posted about having a son with type 1 diabetes. As the Father of the same son, It was a devastating blow for our family, and hs been a long hard struggle. How uncompassionate of you to state that "You don't have much time for that" Would you have that same response to anybody else expressing thier thoughts on this forum. Reading back through the thread there are several situations that have been brought up on more than one occasion.

I don't in any way want to disrespect you. I sincerely admire you and your connection to the gohonzon and do believe that you are coming from a good place in your heart. But there also seems to be a bit of anger. I don't want to see G leave this thread. I think we would all be missing out on some really great wisdom. As someone that has known her for over 20 years. Under the hurt and anger is a really big heart full of Love an compassion. In spite of our seperation, she is still the most important person in my life other than our kids. And she will always deserve nothing but love and compassion from me. As Buddhist aren't we supposed to show each other that compassion? I just want to leave this with a couple of Quotes from A poem from President Ikead entitled "Your Noble Voyage of Life"

"Sharing Heart to Heart ties
With so many precious, trasured friends,
How joyful and boisterous will be our lives,
Even after death and across the three existences!
What an exquisite and indestructible
Achievement of honor it is
To share this voyage of life with comrades,
Together celebrating our victory,
Bathed in the moon's beautiful light.

How sad and vein are the lives
of those left behind.
The Daishonin writes,
"The thoughtless are no more than animals."
Do not become alienated from the harmonious community
Of believers dedicated to Kosen-Rufu
And fall into the hell of loneliness!
Solitude may seem free of constraints,
But it is like a shattered spirit
That has lost it's center.

Nicheren Daishonin writes,
"Buddhism primarily concerns itself
With victory or defeat"
The Daishonin's great persecutions
For the sake of Buddhism
All arose as a result of false accusations!
The human heart can be frightening, sinister and dark.
The persecution of followers like Shijo Kingo
Was also the work of treacherous colleagues."......................

"We must know
That there is a profound connection
Between good and evil,
Happiness and unhappiness
Hell and Buddhahood.

My dear friends, my comrades!
May you strive for good health and lomgevity!
For that is the first step to happiness and victory.

Be big-hearted!
Be deep-hearted!
Be warm-hearted!
Be strong-hearted!
There you will find the banner of victory
Of Buddhist practice.

Wherever you go,
Be a pillar of strength who brings peace of mind to ALL!
Be a person of magnanimous character who inspires hope!

Become a champion of humanism
Who makes the place where you are now
Shine as the Treasure Tower!"

Daisaku Ikeda
March 26, 1999

:wave:
Wow Nam Myoho Renge Kyo I will be chanting for whatever it is that I triggered in you T. And don't ever dismiss my having a son with an illness again; I don't bitch to anybody about it I realize that this is my karma, d's and my son's so don't ever say another uncompassionate word or else cause and effect will kick your ass so hard that you will be thanking me for warning you about how strict it really is. There is a reason why President Ikeda is always talking to the MENS division about having a heart....And don't ever patronize me again by calling me sweetie; that was purely sarcastic and demeaning. YOu don't call scegy or easy or anybody else that then don't call me that to make a point.
And the word neutral doens't belong to you; if you have actuallly done anywork with addiction or co-dependency then you would know that that is the key word NEUTRAL. That has been my word for this past year and these past few days I haven't been, I admit that. So think what you want it's YOUR thread but not YOUR buddhism. I have been posting when things have been good or I have been neutral and I haven't mentioned my divorce really until these last couple of posts. You did because you are in contact with D because and lets think again I am the one who asked you to get a hold of him because i was worried about him and you two kept saying how you have a connection from the past.....why would you spew so much anger towards me when I asked you to help support him. Yes we have our own practice but there is a reason there is an organization; ;its called community its called support.
I will not be shut up; I will not be the good little girl and sit in the corner and hope all that goes well. I am challenging this and I have many goals; goals that are already being fulfilled and I am already Victorious; my whole family is including my son who you are so sick of hearing about.
We don't become leaders in this organization because our practice is deeper or more knowledgable; its because we have more karma to work out! Congrats on your appointment; I was appointed Vice Territory leader in Vegas I know how deeep my shit goes.....but I am ready and open for JOY but I can still grieve. Once again this praactice isnt about being robots; or else we would be in caves meditating we choose to deal with these human emotions but not to dwell in them. Even President Ikeda says if all you can do is make it to the bustudan then you have already achieved victory....

With deep compassion and respect,]
GeorgialouWho :dueling:

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DharmaDawg said:
But, T. Wow!!!! Those are pretty harsh words to take out on G. In no way did I take offense to anything that she had expressed, nor do I care who knows that I am connected to her in a big way. Especially here with fellow members. This is where I would think we would get the most support.

Damn it! Ha! First of all I wasn't in any way commenting about your son's illness in a disrespectful way. I was commenting on emotional manipulation. It was 4AM, and after the first nasty response from G, I was stressed to get a response out to reply to her first wave of accusations. (Georgia, you still haven't explained how I berated you in that post) I should have been more careful in order to save myself from more of her righteous indignation. Well played Georgia. Interpret what I say in the most dramatic fashion that you can. Continue! I'm not going anywhere.

But it's New Year here. I have relatives in town and everyone is very happy. I really don't have time to respond to these last two posts from you two as I would wish to and appologize in advance for all of the further misunderastanding that may occur as a result. I am sorry to necessarily make this brief.

As far as I know there are more ways to express compassion than to tell someone to cry on your shoulder. I was encouraging Georgia to not be sad (ha! I guess you did follow the suggestion to get mad) and being protective of Dawg when I didn't need to be. I was typing while I lacked the mental clarity to be more tactful. That was my mistake. Sorry.

Georgia, thanks for warning me about the Gohonzon kicking my ass! That really set me straight! Frankly the Gohonzon is very much involved in what is going on between the three of us. I am sure of that. Threats to one another of karmic retribution is another case of being just a bit over the top, but certainly, once again, that is just my opinion.

Have a great week everyone! I think I'll just enjoy these holidays with my family. I join you all in chanting for one another. Take care! (As my wife just said, "WOW! If they only knew how much you have already chanted for them!")

Deep respect,

Thomas

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Whoa nelly, I just came in from work and had a lot of catching up to do. I like taking part on anything thread related so don't think I'm biased with any of you posting during the last day but honestly I think the tension in here is just fundamental darkness rearing its fecked up self yet again, 3 obstacles and 4 devils. We just have to be careful we don't commit a cardinal sin and cause disunity in the Buddhist order. Thats my objective thought on the recently transpiring dialouge. So then moving onto the reality of the issue, apparently if someone reads the last couple pages they will be more confused than I just was and I just want to further say that everything discussed on this thread is firmly rooted in Buddhism and everything that is effectuated from the causes made on this thread are proof of the practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. Accordingly, ranks have been pulled and I wanted to elaborate and say the SGI leadership appointments are to facilitate what we consider an upside down pyramid where upon members are supported by leaders whom are designated by others to support the members, organization and all relevant affairs therein. Truly leadership rank is of no significance and leadership in this instance is not the double edged sword personified by the recent american presidential administration within the "waterboarding" republic of america, please allow me a moment to remonstrate the recent news: " TORTURE IS WRONG, I don't CARE WHO YOU TORTURE THAT IS ANOTHER HUMAN LIFE YOUR INJURING AND THE KARMA YOUR GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH WILL NOT HAVE MERCY ON YOU!" which translates to "as a country it seems the worse is yet to come", but lets keep practicing faithfully and strongly to overcome the "mongol invasion" before we become more complacent and distracted. Now back to leadership, I think this thread is essentially ICMAG Leadership, in the sense that via its posts, this site has been granted amazing protection which has further extended itself into our homes/domains and I was shakubuku on this thread so I would appreciate any further escalation to be handled via PM and I agree that venting and sharing of emotions is important, but lets excercise more tact upon each other moving forward and that goes for me too because I'm quick to call people ichichantikas in the past and want to be able to keep practicing correctly unimpeded by slanderers or those with head in ass syndrome. So I have stood up since I joined whenever the thread was attacked and offered my words as my thoughts and my bond and I just see that whatever the situation that is going on behind the scenes between members here I hope this thread doesn't evolve into something other than what it is.... THE PREMIER VEHICLE FOR THE TRANSMISSION OF THE MYSTIC LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT THROUGHOUT THE ONLINE CANNAVERSE! Can I get a "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!"!!! Yes sir and madam!

I was honestly taken aback after reading today's exchange, marijuana or not, I'm gonna go cut down a premature branch and medicate a little and keep chanting for all my amigos here. I'm so united with you all that it hurts me to know even for an instant I couldn't be there to alleviate some pain but heck without our colorful expiriences and the sharing we do here, this thread would not be what it truly is. I'm here everyday because otherwise I slackoff and don't chant much, or don't attend as many meetings or don't refreshen myself after running ragged but I'm also here because I'm a part of this movement, I'm the youth division here (under 30) a proud of it! Shit, many a time I have dropped alot of hats on who I am and where I'm from and the bottom line is I'm here all the time and I never went anywhere, as long as the site is up and my posts are readable, thats me my friends and I'm just Easy to the MyohoDisco. Dontcha just love how during our good times and our bad times we can still find unbiased reality based truths all over this thread waiting to encourage that aspect of our lives that is not upto snuff for the moment. I ramble on quite a bit, but isnt my love for the members and Gohonzon always in the forefront of my posts? I'm myoho and so are you, Myoho or Wonderful people should stick together through thick and thin but then again the attachments we develope in life can really feck with us attaining Buddhahood! Am I right or wrong. How often do I say "Bonno Soku Bodai!" well if I haven't lately there is another instance and isn't the basis for our chanting to attain Enlightenment.

We're part of a special organisation I refer to as SGI-Buddha. SGI-Buddha has nurtured me into a once homeless alchoolic wannabe into someone of substance aspiring everyday to live life to the fullest and prepare for greatness tomorrow. The greatness will be annutara-samyaka-sambodai or Perfect Enlightenment and after seeing Sensei get all cocky and super confident in the last monthly video I see that perhaps his words affected us here somehow. I think Sensei is very preoccupied with his life and fortifying his legacy so much so that perhaps his recent conveyances have inspired ARROGANCE AMONG OUR RANKS! I say this carefully because I am a little more at ease with The Mentor Disciple aspect of this practice and could see how if the mentor is focusing on his acheivements the students may also become arrogant in their ways. I think if a butterfly flaps its wings in Makiguchi memorial hall, John Doe in Texas could actually feel because its occurring right there with him. What we think of as space or the preceptions we have of the space between us or between our face and computer screens or whatever is an illusion of Mappo, we are so interconnected that its a shame we always fail to realize that but I just believe humanity is still developing its "senses" and what we consider to be space is another manifestation of our fundamental darkness because there is anti-matter and matter as there is my Bodhisattva Life Condition and my Hellish life-condition. Not only does abundant daimoku put things into prespective but it helps our soul enrich itself throughout the harsh battles we wage in this life.

Little do I know, I'm gonna be experiencing some tough times as I "go for broke" getting myself the best education I could and also support my friends and family while I do it! But I see it coming a mile away, I'm not dwelling on it just acknowledging the truth of Socal's posts, that Even Sensei Toda declared there is no room for cowards among his disciples, just how I feel. If I'm not brave enough to withstand the effects of my causes, how could I boldly advance and make new causes to solidify and strengthen my faith until my death! This thread is not for the faint of heart and even those who are loyal to the thread, suffering incredible situations are still bold enough to advance in their life and keep us abreast of their struggles and further motivate (at least me) in our struggles! Hell F'ning YEAH!

I've been the one to blame for alot, not only in my life but on this site, in all my high schools, in many jobs, with many friendships but I promise to be the one to support countless people towards Buddhahood and a Bodhisattva Lifestyle!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

The key to achieving this profoud inner transformation is our heart-our fundamental attitude or mindset. Therefore, the Daishonin warns' in On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime "if you think the law is outside yourself, you are embracing not the Mystic Law but an inferior teaching." (WND1 p3) When we dilgently exert in ourselves in chanting daimoku based on this admonitions, always remembering that a change in our own heart or mind is crucial, the three meanings of myo will clearly manifest themselves in your life.
Needless to say, the Law contained in the practice of chanting tht the Daishonin is truly wondrous. However, even the power of this wonderous law cannot fully manifest in a life that is clouded by ignorance. Ignorance is the inner darkness tht prevents us from believing in the Mystic Law and staying focused on the Buddha nature of ourselves and others. The practice of chanting enables us to break through this darkness and vibrantly bring forth our Buddhahood. Battling our ignorance-this inner struggle is the essence of chanting daimoku."-Daisaku Ikeda...lectures on On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime

Let us strictly guard against slandering our fellow members. Slandering and harbouring resentment and jealousy towards others turns us in the direction of denying their Buddha nature. Not being able to believe in others' Buddha nature-just like not being able to believe in our own Buddha nature-causes us to stray off course to seek the Law externally. Our Buddha nature is what fundamentally spurs us to realize happiness for ourselves and others. Not to believe in the Buddha nature is to deny the spirit of the Lotus Sutra; whcih teaches that all people have the potential for Buddhahood. Consequently, the Daishonin sternly warns that if we go against the spirit of the sutra, not only will our prayers to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime not be fulfillled, but we will end up committing slander of the Law.-Daisaku Ikeda..lectures on On Attaining Buddhahood in this Lifetime.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho :wave:

BTW Babba I would get "guidance" from one of the zone leaders to make sure its not a slander I don't think writing the words in english is a slander but if it is a slander to take a picture of or try to copy it or print it off the internet then I would ask someone; you could even call the west coast zone guy; I have his email and phone number; his mother was my chapter leader back in the day; he ran the FNCC since its inception and is back on the west coast or get you in touch with anyone else who may have more knowledge about the subject since it is such a serious one. Although I know you are not talking about the gohonzon but the actual sanskrit of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo...and if the sanskrit isn't done right even the slightest mistake can make a word mean something completely different. Just my thoughts on the subject....or I mean my opinion.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWHo lol:wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.