What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Happy Birthday Sister LouWho!! AND MANY MORE!! I just got back from my gajokai shift after doing the school thing after work til 10 everynight and then I got class tomorrow, but we're in this together and trying to get this Bodhisattva into an Ivy League school!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Winter always turns to spring, and the best is yet to come!

Much love,
MyohoDisco

Great posts lately!

Bonzo

Veteran
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOURGIALOUWHO!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I so much enjoy your posts!! They are defenitly "from the heart" =:) Woooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!!! Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

peace and many happy returns =:)

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The place where the person upholds and honours the Lotus Sutra is the 'place of place' to which the person proceeds. It is not that he leaves his present place and goes to some other place."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 781, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 192) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", January 31st, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And could not this illness of your husband's be the Buddha's design, because the Vimalakirti and Nirvana sutras both teach that sick people will surely attain Buddhahood? Illness gives rise to the resolve to attain the way."

(The Good Medicine for All Ills - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 937) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 7th, 2008

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Hello!

We are emceeing kosen-rufu gongyo tomorrow and very excited about it, our new shakubuku Amby is coming and everything is gravy over here! I'm just focusing on upping the quantity of daimoku I pump out over here, I know thats the key and its really keeping me on track.

My friends things are going up like the stock market during the good times; so let's keep Babba, Georgia, Bonzo, Socal, SouthernGirl, GordyP, Hitman and all our comrades in our daily prayers, I'm sending my support through my actions and daimoku, please know you could count on me.

Lately things have been going very well and I just want to report its strengthening my practice daily. Keep fighting the good fight my friends and lets keep focused on kosen-rufu, our very lives are the beacons for kosen-rufu in this time (age we live in). I know we have an amazing purpose and the proof is our lives.

Thanks always for all the support.

Your brother,
EasyD

"One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but that it is a means by which we arrive at that goal. We must pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means."

~~Martin Luther King, Jr.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"How gratifying! You have associated with a friend in the orchid room and have become as straight as mugwort growing among hemp."

(On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 23) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 17th, 2008

scegy

how's with our sick sister pass?
i've been chanting for her lately, wish her all the best if you talk to her.

the power of chanting amazes me every day, how much bullshit can i remove only by chanting every morning and evening, the goshos teach me something new every time i recite them, i love the abillity to actually fight those demons in my head!

universal love to all of ya!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit! Thanks Scegy. SOUTHERN GIRL CAME THROUGH WITH FLYING COLORS!!! They are mostly pissed they still have no internet service at their new house. Maybe they will drop in some day once they get connected.

We are still waiting to hear from you Georgia! Hope all is well and know you are in our prayers!

T

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Hello Chanting friends :) Lots of energy in the air for lots of us this week. Lets chant Daimoku together and pull this whole group to happiness. Its a New Year and time to get down and chant it out for everyones benefit. Lets create some real happiness in our future and present situations through our Daimoku. Lets turn it up a knotch guys and get er done!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Ok I have a question... lets see where this discussion takes us ?. I have never ever thought of putting a tatoo on my body. But I made a good friend of a tattoo artist who does beautiful work. This has made me consider a tatt. Alot of his work is in like Ganesh or Ganeesh style tatts. Just wondering is there any slander involved in having Nam Myoho Renge Kyo tattooed in like a band around my leg ? Would love to have it writtin in sanscript, japanese , and english bands. All three bands one above the other on my leg. Just not sure of any slanders or consequences of putting this on my body. So I open for discussion and advice this subject. Im far from decided on this .... would just like to hear some thoughts on it. Ive never even thought of having anything else put on. But this idea intrigues me. Thoughts ??
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

G

i don't know about the slander issue with you proposed tattoo but i have a lotus flower tattoo. My mother in law said it's a sign of the devil, i told her she was VERY mistaken.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bajasuace Im so happy to see that your following the thread. Hope you will make your presence known more often :) Lotus flower sounds like a nice tatt :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

This week we will all show actual proof of this practice of Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Babba, go for it brother I've seen christians with mosaics of the virgin mary all over there torsos and angels and devils all over, also I know jewish people cut off the flesh that has a tattoo if they are to be buried in a jewish cementary. I think you could have Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! anywhere you want since your object of devotion (worship) is Gohonzon. Might be cool to shakubuku someone when they ask "what does that tattoo mean?". I had a great meeting today with my gf, we were emcees and alot of members after the meetings told us how encouraged they felt from our high life conditions, I think having a cool tattoo would be an expression of your Devotion to The Mystic Law of Cause and Effect! If momma doesn't mind seeing it, why not?

Bud tell Georgia we're chanting for her everyday too, same goes for Scegy to get a true Gohonzon and for Bonzo to share more on his progress and for Socal to post that great encouragement everyday, for our site to be safe and for all of us to carry out kosen-rufu and tell more people and spread The Wonderful Mystic Law.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I'm dancing!

I'm dancing!

Daily Wisdom: From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

February 03"Great events never have minor omens. When great evil occurs, great good follows. Since great slander already exists in our land, the great correct Law will spread without fail. What could any of you have to lament? Even if you are not the Venerable Mahakashyapa, you should all perform a dance. Even if you are not Shariputra, you should leap up and dance. When Bodhisattva Superior Practices emerged from the earth, did he not emerge dancing?"

Reference:

WND Page 1119
Page 1119 Great Evil and Great Good
Written from Minobu

"Live out your life with strong conviction!"

This is what my mentor, Josei Toda, used to say.
Here, right now, is the chance for us all to make dynamic growth!
Let's courageously and decisively initiate action!

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"The American steel magnate and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie (1835–1919)
said: 'There are times in most men’s lives that test whether they be dross
or pure gold. It is the decision made in the crisis which proves the man.'
The truly capable shine in times of difficulty.

"The ancient Roman poet Lucretius wrote: 'Thus it is more useful to
scrutinize a man in danger or peril, and to discern in adversity what manner
of man he is: for only then are the words of truth drawn up from the very
heart, the mask is torn off, the man remains.'
How true this is.

"In Plutarch’s Parallel Lives, we find the observation: 'But the truly noble
and resolved spirit raises itself, and becomes more conspicuous in times of
disaster and ill fortune.'
Standing ready to confront hardships—that is the
Gakkai spirit. As the Daishonin writes: 'The greater the hardships befalling
him [the votary of the Lotus Sutra], the greater the delight he feels,
because of his strong faith”
(WND, 33).'"

SGI Newsletter No. 6720, KANAGAWA AND SHIZUOKA JOINT CONFERENCE—PART 1 [OF
2], Taking the Lead for Worldwide Kosen-rufu from Kanagawa, January 12th
2006, translated Feb. 8th, 2006

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

I wish I could grab each of you and physically shake you while you see the smile on my face! I feel like a Superbowl champion, this year is gonna be amazing, I'm just so excited to be a member of the Chanting Growers Group and practicing with everyone I know here. Today was great day, I hope to keep this momentum alive all week and really succeed at all I do. Please keep me in your prayers as I show actual proof and get into an Ivy League University this year!

I'm chanting for all of us and look forward to ending today strong and starting tomorrow off right with all of you in my prayers! United we stand!!!!!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Dancing is Good! I'm with you MyohoD!!!

Dancing is Good! I'm with you MyohoD!!!

"You must not for one instant give up the effort to build new lives for yourselves. Creativity means to push open the heavy, groaning doorway to life. This is not an easy struggle. Indeed, it may be the most difficult task in the world, for opening the door to your own life is, in the end, more difficult than opening the doors to the mysteries of the universe."

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
You may come from a poor family and feel frustrated because you can’t buy the things you want. Maybe your parents struggle just to pay the rent much less provide extras for you. These are not uncommon situations many young people are in the same boat as you. Often they think that money equals to happiness. But they are making a grave mistake.

Being born in a stately mansion is no guarantee of happiness, any more than being born in a shack dooms one to misery. Whether a person is happy or unhappy has nothing to do with how many material possessions he or she has. Even an affluent and seemingly enviable family can be struggling with some serious problem that may not be apparent. Often people may appear happy, but underneath they may be hiding some personal agony. No matter how together people might appear on the outside, it’s difficult to see what’s inside their hearts. So never be ashamed over you economics status. What’s disgraceful is to have an impoverished hear, to live dishonestly.

A world-renowned businessman once told me: “Even though I have achieved fame and fortunes, I felt a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment when I was poor. I had goals, and life was filled with challenge. To regain that sense of fulfillment, I realize now that I have to create a new goal: to contribute to the well-being and happiness of others.”

We often see people embroiled in bitter battles over money; people plunged into misery and depression if their popularity should fade; people ruining their lives when they let fame and power go to their heads, and people living in luxurious homes where family members can’t stand one another. Too often those who live in seemingly ideal, well-o-do, distinguished families are bound by formality, tradition and appearances. They have difficulty setting goals and achieving them since their every need is taken care of. So when you get right down to it, do wealth, fame or luxury assure happiness? The answer is an emphatic “No.

Everything depends on your viewpoint. Instead of thinking you are unfortunate just because your parents don’t have a lot of money or lack of education, adopt the view that this is a common situation. You will see that this perspective will allow you to develop into a truly humane person. You’ll realize that your hardships are the very material that will enable you to develop a big heart and become an individual of depth and substance.

The face is, it’s only by experiencing difficulties that you can become the kind of person who can understand others’ feelings. Your pain and sorrow will cultivate the earth of your inner being. And from here, you can bring forth the beautiful flower of compassion and a desire to work for people’s happiness.

Money, fame and material possessions offer only fleeting satisfaction, something that can be called “relative” happiness. Buddhist practitioners learn, however, to establish absolute happiness by transforming their lives from within. When we develop a state of mind as vast and resplendent as a magnificent palace, then nothing – no matter where we go or what we may encounter in life – can undermine or destroy our happiness.

Adapted from The Way of Youth by Daisaku Ikeda

Greetings all...THANK YOU ALL for for your birthday well wishes I received them in which they were given; completely from the heart and to the heart! I just came in from shoveling snow which doesn't seem to stop falling! I think there will be snow tunnels if it doesn't slow down and we have how many more months of this??
Congratulations Easy about your mother! What a benefit! Those words seem rather light in your circumstances but what a freakin' victory! I am sure your soul feels at ease and I will continue to send her, you and your family daimoku. "What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?" Victory is yours savor it and keep it flowing.
Congrats southerngrl my mother in law went thru many of those glad you are doing good and recupping nicely. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
OKay here's what's funny about writing that. I started writing this last night and I went into a full blown panic attack with vomitting and everything! So there "what sickness can therefore be an obstacle." ha ha ha ha what a sense of humor the universe has!

I won't lie I am having a hard f*cking time; and it's okay that I am having a hard f*cking time; my twenty year relationship/marriage with dharma dawg is ending; we have three children and its f*cking hard. Am I saying that I am giving up? that I am not chanting? that is all that I know how to do and believe me I have been practicing long enough to know that if I wasn't practicing this buddhism and ALL THE CAUSES(GOOD) ones( we tend to focus on the negative it's almost llike we are addicted to suffering; quick to point out our bad causes but never quick to point out our good ones; always willing to talk about our bad karma but not our good; karma is neither bad or good KARMA MEANS MISSION Anyway I digress....so as far as realizing that because of all my/our good causes how this is all going down is a direct result of all my/our; my/our daimoku we would be in such a place... that well I am sure we all know people with divorce horror stories. The deep dark karma in my family would justify it to be so but because my children are now third generation buddhist they will not have to go through what I did, what my mother did, and on down the line. Remember I am speaking my truth and my experience I am trying not to represent or classify dds karma or his family karma.
It hurts like hell but I have been able to stay neutral until lately and I got my ass kicked but did I get knocked out??!! Hell no! But being fully aware that this thread is mostly men with women popping in once in awhile; which I have been always to be one of the "guys" ;I wasn't feeling that this would be a neutral environment for me for awhile. (Wrong I know but you know how the mind f*ck can be.) And if nothing that I have learned from practicing that is that if we are not neutral with ourselves and our fellow members our fellow humans then how can we connect if we are coming from a place of sides or of judgement. Nichiren already did all the refuting; Toda, and Makiguchi already went to jail ; Ikeda is expanded this practice worldwide; each with its mission each necessary to happen for this time to happen. I know things come to a completion and that brighter days will come and this all happens for a reason; I know this all but after twenty years please do not expect to me not grieve and be the good little girl and just move on because I know its my karma. It is a flu that is running through me but its okay if my heart is aching thank goodness it is; I much rather feel it; I am really good at not feeling it; yet another benefit from my practice whereas before I would not allow myself to feel it and let myself get completely immobilzed by it; you know the ole anger turned inward...depression. Also quite root in the tree of my family karma.
I got this email a few days ago
"
the healing you are doing is not just for you. you have no solid evidence that the pain belongs to you personally. in other words, i am suggesting that it is collective in the sense of transforming generations worth of funk and that it is inherently service work in that regard. don't forget that part or else you can start to make it about you, that you are somehow flawed and the darkness LOVES to get people believing that garbage. "

this is someone i know through someone else and isnt a member but I wanted to share.

I know this is been very long! Guess I had much to say...but I have one more thing:

BIG PROPS AND BIG LOVE AND BIG HUGS AND KISSES AND MUCH DAIMOKU TO THE BABBAS! THANK YOU FOR AL THE HELP We've got a great organic group and its not going anywhere! Trust that...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

SoCal Hippy "You must not for one instant give up the effort to build new lives for yourselves. Creativity means to push open the heavy, groaning doorway to life. This is not an easy struggle. Indeed, it may be the most difficult task in the world, for opening the door to your own life is, in the end, more difficult than opening the doors to the mysteries of the universe."

Daisaku Ikeda

i will put this by my butsi thank you socal....oxox GeorgialouWho

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Glad to read your post today G! Thank you so much! I've really been pumping out more daimoku and practicing more focused by doing as many activities as possible, thats why my words have been abbreviated lately, and also I've been realizing alot and dealing with alot of good fortune so, all in all, I'm just putting out the vibe of support and count my daimoku towards your goals, tonight I'll get another hour in and go for 7 hours this week. Its not going to be easy, but who needs TV at a crucial time like the one we're in right now.

I'm off to school in a bit and just wanted to check in and say thank you, to both you and Socal and PTD for the recent posts, they have been so inspiring and positively brain food! THANK YOU!

Today i called the Ivy League school that wrote me a letter looking for me to be a transfer student and it seems very promising and the counselor at the school is from my area and is also going to help me as best he can to try and get into the school. This is going to change my life and Gohonzon is going to give me something that I'm ready to handle and use to the best of my advantage! Doing so will only make me more effective in my personal opinion of doing great shakubuku and really do better than I can right now for kosen-rufu. Its the oppurtunity of a lifetime and it began by enshrining Gohonzon, thanks to my dear family on this thread.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts