What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear it DG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it DG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddhism manifests itself in our behaviour as human beings.*
Let's open up a path for the world
with our great sincerity and enthusiasm!
I will advance along this path [of humanism].
I hope you will follow in my footsteps.

Daisaku Ikeda

* "The purpose of the appearance in this world of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being." - "The Three Kinds of Treasure", WND, Vol. 1, page 852

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Kyo'o's misfortune will change into fortune. Muster your faith, and pray to this Gohonzon. Then what is there that cannot be achieved?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 412) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 26th, 2007

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Mr. Toda declared emphatically: 'Neither hope nor despair comes from others. Such emotions aren't dependent upon our situations or circumstances. They all come from within us. That's why you have to take charge of your own life and live it fully!' Never let yourself be defeated. That's what chanting daimoku is for. Make your way through life, striving and winning based on faith. Then your lives will shine throughout the three existences of past, present, and future."

SGI Newsletter No. 7436, 13th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 2], The Second Act of Worldwide Kosen-rufu Is Under Way (At the 13th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting, held at the Makiguchi Memorial Hall in Hachioji, Tokyo, on Dec. 6th, 2007.), translated Dec. 21st, 2007

Last edited:

Hitman

PTD- That is just beautiful, that is the one I really feel. Shining through the past, present and future and not losing hope, ever. The reason for daimoku is to not be influenced by the exterior but to in control. You can't blame anybody but yourself when you are in the lower worlds. Three cheers for PasstheDoobie!

Wow GeorgiaLouWho, we have in common that we a fortune babies. It's an honor to be associated with you. I wish I could see you. I still believe that one day we will all chant together and then attend the Cannabis cup and spend time together with Gypsy and Dutch and take big hits.

We all have to be fearless for Bubbabud and not worry but stand tall in the face of obsurdity! We will prevail. We will all grow together!

Thanks T

Hitman

You can almost feel those times when you are shining in all directions, encircling the earth, through past, present and future.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Greetings all!
Wanted to say good morning to everyone and to let you know that we are chanting with the Babba's tomorrow morning at 8a pacific time for anyone who wants to join us via the universe! lol Will be back later but wanted to post this before I go and do morning gongyo and chant. DG! Wow!

"Renge, the lotus flower, symbolizes the wonder of this Law. Once you realize that your own life is the Mystic Law, you will realize that so are the lives of all others. That realization is the mystic kyo, or sutra. It is the king of sutras, the direct path to enlightenment, for it explains that the entity of our minds, from which spring both good and evil, is in fact the entity of the Mystic Law. If you have deep faith in this truth and chant Myoho-renge-kyo, you are certain to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime. That is why the sutra states, "After my death, you must embrace this sutra. Those who do so shall travel the straight road to Buddhahood." Never doubt in the slightest, but keep your faith and attain enlightenment in this lifetime. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge kyo." `On Attaining Buddhahood" WND

GeorgialouWho
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Even places that have been shrouded in darkness for billions of years can be illuminated. Even a stone from the bottom of a river can be used to produce fire. Our present sufferings, no matter how dark, have certainly not continued for billions of years-nor will they linger forever. The sun will definitely rise. In fact, its ascent has already begun.”

"Art is the cry of the soul from the core of one's being. Creating and appreciating art set free the joyous soul trapped deep within us. That is why art causes such joy. Art, quite aside from any question of skill or its lack, is the emotion, the pleasure of expressing one's life exactly as it is. Those who see such art are moved by its passion, its strength, its intensity and its beauty. That is why it is impossible to separate fully human life from art."

quotes - Daisaku Ikeda

I have that belief also Hitman! Can you imagine how the energy and the daimoku will be when that happens?! Oh My! Talk about Rockin! Also thanks for the tips for saving my stuff when the ZAP happens! :)

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Georgialouwho my chanting sister always watching out for me :) Thanks so much !! Yes 8am it is. Ready for some good strong Daimoku. So awesome we are able to get together and do this. Thanks to you all for the continued support. Just about time to look the devil of the sixth heaven in the eye and let him hear the Lion Roar!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Okay let me try this again lol.....Hey Babbabud; after we got home I thought to myself WTF? am I thinking I posted here that we would be chanting at 8a-duh! So I just wanted to let you know that I am still going to start at 8a then do morning gongyo at 9 and then chant until 10; to get at least two hours in and that way the ole Dharma Dawg(dog) I don't know which spelling he went with; will be able to join us when he gets back from his thang! So if you are so inclined I will see you if not then I will see you :) The others I think should be arriving around 9 also. Always here for you and Mrs. B my chanting brother. This is what we do :) oxoxox

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

Daily Wisdom: From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
"How, then, are you to go about nurturing faith in the Lotus Sutra? For if you try to practice the teachings of the sutra without faith, it would be like trying to enter a jeweled mountain without hands [to pick up its treasures], or like trying to make a thousand-mile journey without feet. The answer is simply to examine the proof that is close at hand, and thus take hold of faith that is far off."

Reference:
WND Page 511
Page 505 Letter to Horen
Written to Soya Kyoshin in April of 1275 from Minobu

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Beware of creating slander and not realizing it right away!

Beware of creating slander and not realizing it right away!

My friends,

I met with both Gajokai leaders on Thursdays District and Up study meeting. After speaking with the gentleman I emailed last week regarding why I would not be performing Gajokai, I realized that a lot of my perception can easily be clouded by my own arrogance or Devil of the 6th Heaven! I had lost sight on why I was performing voluntary service to the center, because I want to dedicate myself more diligently to practicing and serving The Mystic Law and my eternal bond with Nichiren Daishonin, not for XYZ reasons! Hehehe, upon speaking to this noble guy I asked him a few pretty deep questions;

1) "Why should I do BSG activities in your opinion, can I not volunteer in other ways?" His answer: "Do what you want to do, but BSG groups offer training in member care and supporting our center that is unmatched in any other sector of our lives! Taking care of the members has no conspicuous reward besides a smile you may share with another as I have seen you many times smiling with the members. So then you should also realize that in the future when you are an attorney and have a family it will be very difficult for you to train when you should be employing your training in your life (or something to that effect).

Ban I was sold! But not because of what he said, but what his deeper meaning was... I think he means that serving the Buddha which is the SGI is like serving Nichiren Daishonin when he was exiled on Sado Island, I like this concept of member care (always did) and I also know that if I could volunteer for two shifts a month I would be much closer to my goals that if I stayed home complacently wondering who is out to get me! lol.

2)"Will the SGI allow someone whom does not attend any FNCC conferences or do BSG training to one day be the leader they were born to be?" His answer " The SGI does not force anything upon anyone, on the contrary there is a culture of support in place to help us work towards achieving our highest potential! The SGI's primary purpose this year is to raise capable leaders as you intend to polish yourself in this manner, the SGI's aim is to support you in this endeavor. How many times have you felt despair or gone off on a tantrum or felt anger and rage and had no cure? When you do BSG activities or attend an FNCC conference, you can recapture those feelings and emotions of happiness and victory you'll experience on that conferences and your shifts during your tougher moments and direct more of your resources towards kosen-rufu. (something to that effect)

Again, I was impressed. Here I am selfishly wondering how I will be promoted into the Next superstar when I have not dedicated myself fully to even Faith, Practice and Study! I know I'm still in the phase of receiving part time benefit because I'm practicing part time and not really pushing the envelope so to speak, that ambition I have I can direct in more fruitful ways than I can attest to usually doing.

So with that said I spoke to the other Gajokai leader that I felt alienated me and made me feel upset and uncomfortable. Seeing his pleasant disposition made me realize, what I wanted to see last year when I wanted to be upset was nothing other than the devil of the 6th heaven and when I pledged to him my desire to this year focus on working really hard towards developing myself in the organization and supporting members as he continually does, which he notes for no physical rewards which piss him off sometimes, we come to realize further that both of us have really gone forward in our human revolution! He felt the same way about me and thought I was being a dick to him, and realizes the amount of progress we have made and he was very pleased I chanted to make amends with him and to become his ally. We hugged each other and I signed up for a Gajokai shift next friday after work! WOOOOHOOOO, I had to do it because I really wanted to.

My friends, my face is getting this thing called "The dude smiles alot!" and I love it! Let's keep chanting for the Babbas this week very strongly and also practice our faith with our lives because Faith is the Key to open the Doors of The Correct and True Mystic Law of the Universe!

Boy its been a pleasure posting here the last couple weeks, I'll be looking at these posts for years to come and really cherish and enjoy feeling the feelings I feel as I pour out these words and share in everyone else's posts, struggles, victories and life experiences. Its not easy to stay connected, but if your lucky enough to encounter Thus Come One Thomas and then receive your own Gohonzon, my friend your well on your way!

Thank you all for your continued participation, what I do in my life I'm doing for all of us with the same awesome purpose driving our prayers!

Peace,
M

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Thanks Easy your post always bring so much inspiration. We appreciate your buddhanature so much
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Hitman

Yes, I second that motion Babba, Easy really amazes me with the strides he takes and the victories he attains. Go Myoho!

I have just finished sending you and your wife some concentrated daimoku, gongyoand daimoku. This is what I read afterwards from the daily guidance as we all get in rhythm with each other and our lives. I roared to show no fear after I read it!

Jan. 13,
Being out of rhythm even a bit in your ichinen can lead to a fatal mistake. This truth applies to individual lives and also to various kinds of societies and organizations. It is even more so in the strict realm of faith and kosen-rufu.

They won't have the rhythm to do you much harm. We've all got your back. Every second of the day I will be dedicating my prayers to you and yours, my brother, Babbabud. You'll be glowing and they will be silently introduced to Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Everything is going to be alright! AAO!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There should be no discrimination among those who propagate the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo in the Latter Day of the Law, be they men or women."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 385) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, January 11th, 2008

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Thanks so much Hitman !! woooooooop so great to hear
Had a great toso today thankyou so much Georgialouwho my chanting sister :) What a great turnout for such a short notice. Our group rocks !!
Thanks to you all. Just a few more days to go lets stay together and keep on chanting :) Thanks Everyone
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Greetings one and all....one for all and all for one! GREAT DAIMOKU today Babba; my chanting brother! We kicked out two hours no problem! Did you ever think that you would get to this point where you are kicking out two and three hours and even five hours in one day let alone in one session with no problem! You showed up today and showed up in a big way.WHOOP! Beautiful; as you said let's continue to advance; always advancing! I feel when it was just the two of us first this morning but yet it wasn't as you said you could feel the vibe around the world! And all the saints and sages responding and gathering behind us besides us!Glad to share yet another magical moment in our 'organic' group! Like the time when the beam of light lit up the gohonzon and there was not a patch of blue sky in sight!? Keep it flowing brother keep it flowing.... Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Strengthen your faith day by day and month after month."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 997) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, January 12th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.