What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
I noticed that little "chanter smilie" in your post the other day SoCal... very cool !!!

Hitman

Hi Everyone!

I've been meaning to say something about the chanting smilie also, Bubba.

It's so neat to know that people are decorating their butsadans like cell phone covers!

Scegy, I am so very very proud of you. You are a true seeker of knowledge!

Georgialou, Non stop dialogue! It's awesome! Actual proof for us all.

Scegy's great cause is going to spread to us all! YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

What's Happenin' Bonzo! Great to see you!

PTd, 2 straight hours, that make you the man! We are all going to benefit!

Bubba, I'll always chant for you and the Mrs. but I did not know what the specific reason was. You don't have to say if it's personal! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Daimoku being sent everyone's way from me!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Iron, when heated in the flames and pounded, becomes a fine sword. Worthies and sages are tested by abuse."

(Letter from Sado - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 303) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, December 17th, 2007

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"No one is more admirable than our members who are striving tirelessly for the sake of the Law and the happiness of others. We must treasure above all those who are fighting the hardest. That is the key to everyone bringing forth countless times their present strength. This was Mr. Toda's 'secret' to victory. Those who always earnestly devote themselves to supporting and caring for the members invariably achieve tremendous personal growth, while those who shun such efforts suffer stagnation and defeat. As leaders of great mission, please strive to become people whose dignity, warmth, and character are admired and respected by others."

SGI Newsletter No. 7434, 13TH SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2], Growing Happier with Each Passing Year, translated Dec. 17th, 2007

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"It must be ties of karma from the distant past that have destined you to become my disciple at a time like this. Shakyamuni and Many Treasures certainly realised this truth. The sutra's statement, 'Those persons who had heard the Law dwelled here and there in various Buddha lands, constantly reborn in company with their teachers,' cannot be false in any way."

(The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life - The Writings of Nichiren
Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 217) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 19th, 2007

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Quick responsiveness is the essence of diplomacy."

SGI Newsletter No. 7435, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 20: Chap. 3, Ties of Trust 17, translated Dec. 19th 2007

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
There should be no discrimination among those who propagate the five
characters of Myoho-renge-kyo in the Latter Day of the Law, be they men
or women. Were they not bodhisattva s of the Earth, they could not cant
the daimoku.

(WND, 385)
The True Aspect of All Phenomena
Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo on May 17, 1273

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Buddhism is reason. It is vital, therefore, that our lives and our
activities in society also accord with reason. Please manifest the
principle of "faith equals daily life," so that you will be trusted,
respected and emulated by others. Bringing fragrant flowers of trust
and humanism to bloom throughout society is one of the goals of
Buddhism. To do things that others find strange and unnatural, that
runs counter to common sense -- such actions go against the basic
tenets of Buddhism and amount to slander of the Law."

Daisaku Ikeda

:wave:
Greetings all! I had written a post last night; which I quite rather enjoyed and ZAP! power went out again for a brief moment and alas all was lost! Such is the way of life and we dust ourselves off and start all over again....or in buddhism from this moment on! :)
LOVE the chanting smilies SoCal; so awesome! And as always thank you for posting such great quotes you and Thomas are really ontop of it and much appreciated!
Scegy; and yes girl here; wait let me check...yup lol :rasta: I humbly bow to your seeking mind and the continuous dialogue and sharing of your quest! Your drive is inspiring! I must say that it is also here that the woman are the majority; although men play the prominent key roles as in most religions, organizations, society in general; see we are (SGI) a reflection of our society/world but don't underestimate where the driving force and who laid the foundation especially for sgiusa and that is the japanese pioneer women who married gi's or other american men who were in japan during the wartime and they came over here with nothing but their buddhist practice; most didn't know the language, in a foreign land and culture and was encouraged to go out and do shakubuku; talk about faith and guts! Can you imagine what it took for those women?! Their life condition now is indestructable! Amazing; I love love love and have the utmost respect and gratitude forthe 'pioneer' japanese women; being around one or many is like being around the great mother; they are so wise and their life condition is high; they are beautiful; I consider myself fortunate to have grown up around them; they truly have touched my life in such a way that is deeply engraved into my life and my faith...it is so profound!
I cannot emphasis enough that those who live in areas where there are community centers; dive in! Especially as youth division; believe me sitting here on the 'other' side now; I am so glad I didn't know any better quite frankly; and not that I wasn't getting benefits then but I see now as I am entering my forties that the foundation I layed as a youth division is now is much more than a foundation it is a cord to the core of the earth wrapped around several times and is firm in its roots with Nam Myoho Renge Kyo as its nutrients. Not that I haven't had my moments of doubts and trust; I have been practicing for 29 years and what kind of human would I be without going through that but I emphasize moments; has it guaranteed me no problems in this life no; I sit here with a son who is Type One(insulin dependent) diabetic; has been since he was three and is now ten; I am separating and divorcing my husband of twenty years as I write this and let alone every normal day things that a come up. But because of all my causes especially as a youth 'division' and continue to; the most amazing benefits are coming out of this and not only on the physical level but on a much deeper karmic level. Not that it isn't painful but things are being handled on such a humanistic level that it is truly attest the daimoku that has been happening and not only that but being very proactive; so important to remember that this buddhism is about action and combining that with daimoku makes a very powerful tool; so powerful that it takes you to that you really get the big picture of it all; soo deep and profound.
"The warmth produced through heart-to-heart communication and an earnest desire for friendship are the only means with which to melt the icy walls of antagonism and misunderstanding that have been forged by history."
Absolutely!

Thomas maybe I can email you privately to get you in touch with D(his email; he has been saying he would like to get in touch with you) ( I also told him to get on this site) so you two can hook up and he has another avenue of support especially in the faith department-zenshishiki y'know?
This hits for you Hitman :joint: keep rollin with the flow; Bonz and Myoho always so encouraged by your posts! Have a great weekend to all the chanting growers and of course the BABBAS are first and foremost in my prayers right now and always chanting in appreciation for you all and all that you contribute to this!
I bow in obediance to you all :bow:
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho :wave:

scegy

sorry guys and girls, it's just nice to just read you from time to time

much love to you all, from me:wave:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive seen this a couple times so I thought we should get it straight :)
obeisance = A gesture or movement of the body, such as a curtsy, that expresses deference or homage
obedience = the act of obeying; dutiful or submissive behavior with respect to another person

I bow in obiesance to you all :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Thanks T I edited my spelling. Funny I had the defs right in front of me and still crossed up my ie ei thingies :)

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And while it's only a small thing, for the record, the spelling is obeisance, not obiesance. And the spelling is obedience, not obiediance.

As we all know I bow in obeisance to all, but I show obedience to only my wife!!!

Bonzo

Veteran
PassTheDoobie said:
"It must be ties of karma from the distant past that have destined you to become my disciple at a time like this. Shakyamuni and Many Treasures certainly realised this truth. The sutra's statement, 'Those persons who had heard the Law dwelled here and there in various Buddha lands, constantly reborn in company with their teachers,' cannot be false in any way."

(The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life - The Writings of Nichiren
Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 217) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 19th, 2007

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It must be BIG HOMIE, It must be! Absolutely and completely Mystic SH!T!!!!
WOW!!! Shi1t , sometimes i know i must seam freakin nuts, i have read this passage so many tims before but geeeez HIGH THOMAS!!!!!!!!! IN TUNE IN TOUCH MY MENTOR MY BROTHA!!!!!! I Had to stop and open the doors for awhile, while responding to this: heavy chanting and gongyo AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!JUST HEAVY MAN!!!!! Just blew my mind,

in a nutshell i have been having a few probs with my boss on the job, sent T a note, i allways want to try to figure ouy what ny part is in these siyuations, anyway T had picked up my signal the day before i sent him a note, Followed T's advice on what to do and how to handle the situation today to a "t" (ha ha) lets just say all kinds of doors seemed to open by themselves for me at every turn i took, thats the best i can put it without soundin' like a total loon! needless to say TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta run

peace love and deepest respect my friends =:)

bonz

ps please excuse my spelling, just totally blown away =:)

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are in the home stretch of the "Support the Babbas with Daimoku" week. I got in three hours yesterday! Thanks Babbas! (Bonz you were in there too/and so was everyone else! Hi DG! Hey Sleepy and Bartender! My best wishes to everyone!

Where the hell did Desi go again?

I bow in obeisance to you all!

Thomas

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Hello PTD....I am in awe, once again, at the power of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! Have steadily been chanting...about a particular matter....it just BLOWS ME AWAY! :woohoo: I'm so much in shock (if that's the right description!) I'm totally dumbfounded!!! :D

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!!!!

Wow......just wow!

Much love to you all!!!
dg

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

DG Im so happy for you!!!! woohoooooo Thankyou so much for the encouragement it couldnt be better!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

scegy

hellooo!

hehe i knew that "sorry" would raise some eyebrows, georgia :D
that sorry was ment like, me not writing much and just reading your writings, it's relaxing :)

BONZO stop signs are also relative,always hehe :)

have the best day you can have Beings of Vibration:wave:

Hitman

I just caught up on the last two pages. I humbly bow to all of you the way I watched Herbie Hancock, the musician, bowing to Ikeda. So respectful.

Dutchgrown, I always feel so special when you are here. Please say high to Gypsy. I hope you guys are having a great new year. It's so cooooooooooool that you chant too.
When I first got here to IC- You treated me with so much respect and one day I'll return the favor. All I wanted to do was live in Amsterdam and make IC better while creatively living amongst the finest. We'll I feel that it is coming true just being able to communicate with all these awesome people! I don't have to leave my door.

Georgialouwho, nice post. you almost had me tearing into my coffee. I know exactly what you're saying. Without the solid presence of the women, we men would just flounder. I went to the Japanese women who say that "little Hitman is now Big Hitman" and stand above them because they are short in stature. But when I thank them and tell them that the reason I'm here is because of their efforts, it is like I'm looking up at an enormous temple. Three Cheers for all women chanters- Guys we should now bow obediantly in obiesance right about now. (I befo' E, except after C hahahahahahah!)

Who else, I always try to make sure that I don't miss anyone because hurting anyone's feeling is not my cup of green.

I can say one thing - This place is powerful. Heavy thoughts fill my mind when I'm on this site.

Oh I know-GeorgiaLouWho- My router light is always blinking, coming in an out, so after I write a big post I (CTRL+C) to save the information. I have lost so many moments that I wanted to share here because connection failed. You know when it's not going to go through and you have a few extrat seconds to Select your text and and Copy it. The when transmission is back you can (CTRL+V) to Paste it right back into a new window! PS: We're contemperarys, I'm the same age as you Homie!

Status
Not open for further replies.