What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

Thank you Georgia! I'll tell me Grandma and me mum! Yes! You're right! That's why it's like the way it is! It was meant to be! I'll chant for your happiness! All of us will band together! Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo Nam-Myoho-Renge-KyoNam-Myoho-Renge-KyoNam-Myoho-Renge-KyoNam-Myoho-Renge-KyoNam-Myoho-Renge-KyoNam-Myoho-Renge-KyoNam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Dr. G

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
hey im just starting my journy i first started finding out about life through quantum physics and taking about consiousness with freinds now i am in need for somthing more i would love to lean more about buddism and will be reading alot of this thread

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome Dr.!

Let me get this in on the right day! Happy Birthday Bud!

Congratulations Hitman! I am sure your mom is very proud of you and we are too! Well done!

To Bonz, SoCal, MyohoEasyDisco, Georgia, Mrs.B, Scegy and all the rest of you Bodhisattvas of the Earth--we love ya and are greatful for all of you being here!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Everyone !!
Had a great day today. Lots of chanting :) Lots of grandbaby time :) Lots of good food ! Lots of great buds !! and of course the great buds from here on CGT!! Thanks all !!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

thank u hitman and T for the love and daimoku! Also Babba little one has ooooze coming out of both of his eyes! Sorry couldn't come celebrate with you for a bit; but so glad your birthday was abundant! We love ya brother! oxoxox

Namy Myoho Renge Kyo,
GeorgialouWho

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's be sure to express our appreciation
and offer caring words of encouragement to our fellow members.
This is what helps nourish our friends' hearts and minds
and at the same time motivates them to continue on and advance.
"The voice carries out the work of the Buddha."*

Daisaku Ikeda

* "Ongi kuden" - Gosho Zenshu, page 708, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 4

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Making efforts for kosen-rufu will improve your health; just lazing around at home eating and sleeping all the time can be ruinous! Go to meetings and experience the invigorating spirit you find there. Lend an ear to the problems of your fellow members and encourage them. By participating in Gakkai activities, you'll come to shine with vigour and vitality."

SGI Newsletter No. 7436, 13th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 2], The Second Act of Worldwide Kosen-rufu Is Under Way (At the 13th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting, held at the Makiguchi Memorial Hall in Hachioji, Tokyo, on Dec. 6th, 2007.), translated Dec. 21st, 2007

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"T'ien-t'ai commented on this, saying that 'no worldly affairs of life or work are ever contrary to the true reality.' A person of wisdom is not one who practises Buddhism apart from worldly affairs but, rather, one who thoroughly understands the principles by which the world is governed."

(The Kalpa of Decrease - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 1121) Selection source: Buddhist seminar, Seikyo Shimbun, December 23rd, 2007

Hitman

Have a wonderful day all. Thanks for the cheer PassTheDoob. I hope the colds are going away! Every four hours with the cough and cold meds starts to disintegrate the germs and viruses. Best of Holidaze to you and yours.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! Forever Sensei!

Hitman

December 24 - The Community centers of the Soka Gakkai were at first very small. Nevertheless, the Gohonzon- the cluster of immeasurable benefits- was enshrined in each. Also, we were able to witness many activities, based upon pure and strong faith. For these reasons, our small community centers, which were actually precious "treasure castles," later developed into many splendid community centers throughout Japan and the entire world.

Daisaku Ikeda Volume 4

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

When we do Gongyo and chant daimoku, we conduct a ceremony in which we praise the Gohonzon and the great Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. On one level, it could be said that Gongyo is a poem or a song of the highest and utmost praise for the Buddha and for Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the fundamental law of the universe. At the same time, when we do Gongyo, we praise the eternal life of the universe and the world of Buddhahood in our own lives.

From SGI-USA Study Curriculum, Lectures on the Hoben and Juryo Chapters of the Lotus Sutra, Lecture 1. by SGI President Daisaku Ikeda

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Happy Birthday Bud! Your very fortunate to have such great grand-baby time, they're the future Babbas! Glad you enjoyed, really happy about it actually.

My friends, This is a great time to be alive (everyday), today we get such a rare opportunity to embrace this lovely day (just like everyday) and really do all we can to make the best of it. I came to the thread today to catch up on the posts and feel "HELLA ENCOURAGED!" F*CK YEAH! High Fives all around to all my people here, hahahaha, I really love you guys very much.

Bonz, Thomas has told me you have to use (employ) others in shakubuku, its not a one man show and if you incorporate other members in the mix, the "life to life connection(s)" forged create a more fruitful environment. Lately I've been telling my kosen-rufu partners out here in my neck of the woods to involved me in their shakubuku efforts as I have tried and will continue to work with them also to try and facilitate via any positive meanings a more thorough understanding of our practice and how it applies to another individual.

I went to the center yesterday to buy a Butsudan for a friend who gave me money to go get it for him, a gift for his mother in law. I went and on my way was called to support a shakubuku meeting, so I said to the area leader "Dude, thats cool I'll be there, next year every month I'm gonna host one or two shakubuku meetings in my home a month, this will be great." My lovely lady and I purchased the Butsudan, I put Part II of the Goshos on my creditcard and got a nice cover for it then we went upstairs to the room where the meeting was gonna be held. Nobody showed up, so we both started chanting for about a half an hour, then the Zone Men's Leader comes in nervous and bugging out demanding what I'm doing here, I said "Hey dude, everything is cool there is supposed to be a meeting here and we are supporting it." He stormed out, I was surprised he was so edgy but if that was a reflection of my emotions thankfully I was calm cool and collected and then the next thing I know after starting gongyo in this same room the dude who setup the meeting shows up and asks me to go help with a GOHONZON CONFERRAL! HOLY SHIT, I WAS CHANTING TO HAVE ANOTHER GOHONZON CONFERRAL THIS MONTH, so we finished gongyo then assisted the other meeting in a larger adjacent room....

Gongyo was going on in that room, I was asked to read the certificate which I did as best I could smiling the whole way through, Two people received Gohonzon and I was soo happy that I approached one of the members and said to her "I am really happy for you, this is an awesome day!" She said "my friend vanessa told me about this, I..." So I said "Vanessa! Holy Christmas, thats my buddy, wow she's awesome! hahahaha wow", She says "Yeah were life long best friends and my husband has been reading her books for years and we are going through a tough time and thought there is no time like the present!" She then hugged me to tightly and ended up hugging me again like 3 more times, she was soo happy and so was I to support her. I really still feel the rush!

Supporting others is a Bodhisattva Move! Thats what we do, you know what I mean! The doorwary to Buddhahood is chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! because the voice does the Buddha's work, but so it living as a Bodhisattva like Thomas does, that is essential in my very humble opinion to sustain a higher life condition.

I'm gonna be giving my experience (getting a job, repairing my relationship with my mother suffering from cancer, going to school and spreading the phrase that metaphysically, spiritually and physically pays) at the new years kickoff meeting, that is gonna be great.

Thank you all so much to help me make this the best year yet of my life, Next year VH1 should have a special program and call it "Chanting Growers Group The Best Year Ever!"

WOOOOOHOOOOO, let's go out there and be the Bodhisattvas we could be!

Peace and Thanks Always,
MyohoD

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Happy Birthday PTD!! Hope you wake up to a beautiful fun day today :) I wish you the happiest of birthdays :) Im sure your beautiful family will help make this a great day for you !! Enjoy !
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Happy Birthday T! and a belated Happy B-Day goes out to Babba, congratulations Hitman, Awesome!!!!!; some great posts Bonz & Easy; closing out '07 on a HIGH!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Kyo'o's misfortune will change into fortune. Muster your faith, and pray to
this Gohonzon. Then what is there that cannot be achieved?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 412)
Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 26th, 2007

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Mr. Toda declared emphatically: 'Neither hope nor despair comes from
others. Such emotions aren't dependent upon our situations or circumstances.
They all come from within us. That's why you have to take charge of your own
life and live it fully!' Never let your-self be defeated. That's what
chanting daimoku is for. Make your way through life, striving and winning
based on faith. Then your lives will shine throughout the three existences
of past, present, and future."

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"The important thing is right now -- the present moment. Our present inner
resolve, our determination, enables us to sever the bonds of karmic
causality by the strength arising from within and enter the sure path of
happiness.

Faith in the Buddhism of the true cause, which constantly arises from the
wellspring of life, enables us to develop a state of eternal happiness and
to lead a supreme existence. The spirit of the Buddhism of the true cause is
the spirit of limitless hope and eternal advance.

Therefore, each day we return to the point of departure at life's
wellspring, and from there we begin to advance anew. Doing gongyo and
chanting daimoku is the secret teaching for returning to the world of kuon
ganjo. Everyday, we set forth from kuon ganjo. Faith to continually set
forth from this eternal prime point is faith of the Buddhism of the true
cause."

(Lectures on the "Expedient Means" and "Life Span" Chapters of the Lotus
Sutra by Daisaku Ikeda, Vol. 3, page 25)

"The important thing is right now -- the present moment. Our present inner
resolve, our determination, enables us to sever the bonds of karmic
causality by the strength arising from within and enter the sure path of
happiness.

Faith in the Buddhism of the true cause, which constantly arises from the
wellspring of life, enables us to develop a state of eternal happiness and
to lead a supreme existence. The spirit of the Buddhism of the true cause is
the spirit of limitless hope and eternal advance.

Therefore, each day we return to the point of departure at life's
wellspring, and from there we begin to advance anew. Doing gongyo and
chanting daimoku is the secret teaching for returning to the world of kuon
ganjo. Everyday, we set forth from kuon ganjo. Faith to continually set
forth from this eternal prime point is faith of the Buddhism of the true
cause."

(Lectures on the "Expedient Means" and "Life Span" Chapters of the Lotus
Sutra by Daisaku Ikeda, Vol. 3, page 25)

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh thank you SoCal that is exactly what I needed to hear right now! Was riding the roller coaster of emotions and said WTF am I doing and I went and chanted and feel so fortunate there is a place i can go when this shit comes up; right to the butsi i have such deep appreciation for that fact alone! So I achieved Victory! Woohoo
Myoho what a great experience and it sounds like your experience on New Years will be rockin the place CONGRATS! Quite an honor settting the tone and you are soooooo fortunate to be living in an area with a community center lap it all; be greedy and make all the causes you can; I don't doubt that you are; you energy and passion exudes all over this thread; keep exuding it brother! :headbange

Happy Hippy Birthday T~ :muahaha: Hope it is a good one and that you have many many many more returns!!! :wave:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho :wave:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

From SGI-USA Study Curriculum, Lectures on the Hoben and Juryo Chapters of the Lotus Sutra, Lecture 1. by SGI President Daisaku Ikeda

Practicing the Lotus Sutra causes the sun to rise in our hearts.
No matter how stormy our situation, when the sun blazes in the depths of our lives, a clear, bright sky - like the blue sky of May - opens in our hearts. And when we possess in our hearts the four virtues of eternity, happiness, true self and purity, then the land - the place where we are - shines as the land of eternally tranquil light.

Status
Not open for further replies.