This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical Mystery Tour

Greetings to Fellow Bodhisattvas of the Earth!
    I have been reading and monitoring your Thread from afar, awaiting the time to enter. It is one of the amazing things of this practice where you may find encouragement and like minded people who are seeking enlightenment through the practice of Nichiren Daishonin Buddhism.
    I have been a member for 14 years, to include the 4 years I was titan. I know that to members that is horror, however, it is a cause that I made for myself in the past, it was a challenge I stood up for and a part of my life. Some of it I understand and some of it I do not. And I have recently learned of the botchi that I bring to my life, through my own personal slander. It was the reson I quit practicing and the reason I have returned. So it is all good!
    I live my life thru my heart and not too much wisdom. Oh the wisdom comes, hard earned, but the rational mind and knowledge has never been a big part of my practice, so returning at this time, and being able to read this thread, and hearing you all discuss the basic concepts of Buddhism, in the form of shakabuku, is part of what my life needs right now. And that is what we ususally get! So this has all been a great benefit for my life without you even knowing or knowing me. And that is what creates a Magical Mystery Tour! So I pass the southern pipe around to my big brother and his new friends
    It IS the Heart that is most important! And with that comes Human Revolution! And that is why you hold on to:
    Don't Be Afraid!
    Don't Be Defeated!
    Faith!
    Victory of Gold!
    That is why Buddhas have to endure! Cuz it gets really hard sometimes and we need each other to remember:
    NEVER GIVE UP NO MATTER WHAT!
    lOVE AND lIGHT TO YOU ALL, LITTLE SISTER

Comment

Welcome Southere Girl! You honor us with your presence and kind words. We are all brothers and sisters and look forward to moving together toward kosen rufu, day by day. It is a pleasure to have a women's division member participate in this forum! We hope to hear more from you as time goes on. Thank you for posting today!

Thomas
      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Daily Guidance August 22, 2004

Those who have had the "seed" of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddihism planted within them by hearing about Nam-myoho-renge-kyo-whether they faithfully accept it or reject it-will definitely awaken to its greatness at some point and begin to move toward their enlightenment. This demostrates the great significance of shakubuku and the tremendous power of the Gohonzon, which is beyond the capacity of common mortals to measure.

Welcome Southern Girl and Hi All!
        Last edited by Hitman; 08-22-2004, 20:38.

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Southern Girl,
          Your kind words bring Joy to my heart. We are never taitan, just taking two steps back in preparation of advancing with a ROAR!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, Like the Roar of the Lion!

VegasBuddha

Comment

More from 'The Opening of the Eyes (II)' Gosho

(Bear with me, the following is long, but very important to share.

Thomas)

The path to Buddhahood is not to be found in the Flower Garland doctrine of the phenomenal world as created by the mind alone, in the eight negations of the Three Treatises school, in the Consciousness-Only doctrine of the Dharma Characteristics school, or in the True Word type of meditation on the five elements of the Universe. Only the T'ien-t'ai doctrine of three thousand realms in a single moment of life is the path to Buddhahood. Even in the case of this doctrine of three thousand realms in a single moment of life, we do not possess the kind of wisdom and understanding to comprehend it fully. Nevertheless, among all the sutras preached by the Buddha during his lifetime, the Lotus Sutra alone contains this jewel that is the doctrine of three thousand realms in a single moment of life. The doctrines of the other sutras are merely yellow stones that appear to be jewels. They are like sand, from which you can extract no oil no matter how hard you squeeze it, or a barren woman who can never bear a child. Even a wise person cannot become a Buddha through the other sutras, but with the Lotus Sutra, even fools can plant the seeds that lead to Buddhahood. As the sutra passage I have quoted earlier puts it, "Although they do not seek emancipation, emancipation will come itself."
            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Stay with me now...

Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbor doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. Do not have doubts simply because heaven does not lend you protection. Do not be discouraged because you do not enjoy an easy and secure existence in this life. This is what I have taught my disciples morning and evening, and yet they begin to harbor doubts and abandon their faith.

Foolish men are likely to forget the promises they have made when the crucial moment comes. Some of them feel pity for their wives and children and grieve at the thought of parting from them in this life. In countless births throughout many long kalpas they have had wives and children but parted from them in every existence. They have done so unwillingly and not because of their desire to pursue the way of the Buddha. Since they must part with them in any case, they should remain faithful to their belief in the Lotus Sutra and make their way to Eagle PeaK, so that they may lead their wives and children there as well.

Nichiren Daishonin
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Everything is Transient, Only the Law Is Eternal

My hands are together, and I bow to you-PTB, Hittman, and VB!
                The honor is Mine! And I have to laugh VB, I'm always roaring like a Lion! May not be in the right context, but got the roaring down. Life is always about learning, challenges and obstacles. That will never change. But what I have learned is your life condition does and that determines it all. It is as a marriage-you have to work at it every moment. And I never really felt Titan. I wonder if anyone really does go Titan? So yes VB, I have to agree with you on that one. Good Vibes to ya, Cindy

Comment

Everything is Transient, Only the Law Is Eternal!

Since we are sharing from the Sutra, and as I have told you the memory bank is low in that department, I have to share the one story that has stuck with me regarding all is transient except the law.
                  There is a story from the Lotus Sutra entitled Transient Beauty and the Desire for Enlightenment. It was about a beautiful girl named Lotus, who was envied by all women and adored by all men. She had decided to give up the mundane world and seek enlightenment. On the way to Eagle Peak, she saw her reflection in a pond and decided she could have anythibng she wanted , why would she want to be enlightened? So she started back. Shakymuni saw this and appeared before her as a beutiful woman, more than herself. They began walking together and stopped to rest. The beautiful woman died and began to decay before Lotus' Eyes. She realized everything was transient. That only the law is eternal. She renounced everything, became a buddhist num and served well.
                  This Sutra was what I based my practice on. Hence the reason for me the Heart has always been the most important. Who you are and your word, the love you show! That is Kosen Rufu! Cindy

Comment

Southern Girl,
                    That is the most beautiful story giving understanding of the delusion of birth, death, old age, and sickness. Only the Law is eternal.

When we revel our own Four Boddhisattvas Bopundless Practices, Superior Practices, Pure Practcies, and Firmly Established Practices, we can reveal our own eternity life, true self, purity, and happiness in our life and our environment. I hope I got all four correctly regarding thier virtures.

When we exhiobit the four virtues of the Leaders of the Boddhisattv's of the Earth we reveal our own three thousand realms in a single moment of life. Just like Nichiren Daishonin did in 1279.

VegasBuddha

Comment

Boddhisattva Never Disparaging

My favorite Lotus Sutra passage that encourages me:

"After the original Awesome Sound King Thus Come One had passed into extinction and after his Correct Law had also passed away, in the second period of his Counterfeit Law, monks of overbearing arrogance exercised great authority and power. At this time there was a Boddhisattva monk named Never Disparaging. Now Gainer of Great Authority, for what reason was he named Never Disparaging? This monk, whatever persons he happened to meet, whether monk, nuns, laymen, or laywomen, would bow in obesiance to all of them and speak words of praise saying,"

"I have profound reverence for you, I would never dare treat you with disparagement or arrogance. Why? Because you are all practicing the boddhisattva way and are certain to attain Buddhahood."

This phrase is referred to as the twenty-four character Lotus Sutra.

"The reason for the Buddha's advent on this world is his behaviour." Nichiren daishonin

"It is the heart that is most inmportant!" Nichiren Daishonin

VegasBuddha

Comment

To NattyNattyGurl

Hey Natty!
                        I have never seen you in here before. I very much enjoyed what you wrote on the thread and felt a need to respond! Discussing spirituality can be difficult in this society and I understand that. I was raised Southern Baptist in the South and there is nothing more so closed minded and prejudice against others. And I continue to work thru a great deal with it so maybe I can share something that will help put a little perspective on it.
                        We are all born into a particular society, culture, religion of people and it is just understood that that is who we are. But we are all our own individual self and come into this place with our own missions. I studied many many religions before I came to this Buddhism. In the beginning, I was very ecclectic. I thought we are so diverse and different that God couldn't touch everyone with the same path so there were many to get to him. If you study them, you will see that they all have common threads. You are suppose to be kind to others, do the right thing etc etc. I even have a book where one side of the page is a parable from Jesus and the other side a parable from Buddhism and they say the very exact thing. Thru studying all of that you at the very least learn a respect and appreciation for all's belief system. It is not for any of us to question another spirituality. The fact that you have a seeking spirit to know or understand one is half the battle and you will find it. But with all of that in mind, I will tell you that chanting NamMyohoRengeKyo has a power for your life that is unlike any I have experienced. It is the ONLY thing that I have done that has made a significant difference in who I am and how I treat others. My biggest challenge is not with others but how I treat myself and what I feel I deserve to have in my life. The mysticism that occurs, even as simple as pulling people together from all walks of life into this forum and it be bright enough to attract someone like yourself into the conversation. What we have you to can have. And KNOW that there is a reason for your life to respond to it. So Love & LIght to you in your search
                        Cindy

Comment

Expedient Means

A most interesting concept the Buddha developed in expounding the One Great Truth of Life.

The Buddha used his life as an expedient means; a manner to show others how to develop deep faith; in order to lead others to understanding the One Great truth of Life.

In expressing an expediency, the Buddha was considered to have contradicted himself in expounding the One Great Truth of Life and Death to his disciples and followers.

The Buddha realized the capacity of each individual to grasp and understand Myoho Renge Kyo was unique. The Buddha than used an expediancy; or a teaching leading to a deeper understanding; in order to lead his disciples to yet a deeper understanding, to his ultimate teaching.

The Buddha continued in this manner expounding the Wonderful Law of cause and Effect in various flavours and colours. But in the end shows everyone that he has alwaya taught only the One truth of The simultaneous Law of Cause and Effect.

As each of us deepens our faith, our understanding deepens as well. This is what the Buddha refers to as the beneficient rain of wisdom, whch is activitaed through "faith alone!"

Nichiren Daishonin says, "To accept is easy, to continue is difficult!"

All the teachings of peace and love, equality for all humanity, and the individual happiness and the responisbility of the individual happiness of others, are all the Buddha's teachings. An expediancy leading to deeper faith and understanding. All the teachings fall within the Ten Worlds of our own understanding.

It is just as Boddhisattva Never Disparaging says, "I would never disparage you or treat you with arrogance, as you are all practicing the Boddhisattva Way!"

This applies to all those that work for the happiness of others.

VegasBuddha

Comment

Darling Gurrl,

You could never hijack this thread! This is a forum for all who respect the dignity and equality of all living things. WE SO MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTION! This is all about what we have in common. You have made the Rasta base line of belief more clear to all, I am sure. This is where we should have such dialog! So your sister is a Buddhist? See, we do have common threads linking all of us in this world. Continue to participate! I used to live in Evanston, so ya know I know about Bahai. As I said in that PM, I had no idea why I was attracted so strongly to your love and life. I have a better idea now! Thank you for sharing and please stay with us here. Your contribution is valued. UNITY! We call this Itai Doshin in Buddhism. It is the Key to our quest for World Peace (Kosen Rufu). In the Bahai concept of all great philosphies having the same root, we never disparage other religions or beliefs. We are more opinionated about what we perceive as distortions of Buddhism than of the beliefs of the other great philosophies. We hope you will try chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and put it to the test. See if it doesn't astound you that the power of your own life is actually this root base of the Bahai tradition. Chanting this phrase IS being good to yourself, as you try and help others see the equality and dignity inherent in ALL of our brothers and sisters. As for me, Thank you for the kind words, but what you percieve is my Buddha nature awakened by the chanting of the Daimoku, but responding to the Buddha nature inherent in YOUR LIFE. It is your phenonenal kindness that attracts the same. As I said, cause and effect is absolute! Love ya Gurrl!

Thomas
                            Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 07-25-2006, 10:48.
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Happy Men's Division Day! AAO

President Ikeda's 57th Gohonzon Birthday Today!

Aug 24, Daily Guidance Vol. 4

President Toda once said, "Because I went through more hardships than anybody else, I became president of the Soka Gakkai." I hope that you will take President Toda's statement to heart, whatever position you may hold. It is my sincere hope that you will seek to challenge hardships twice as diligently as others and deepen your life-condition of faith by experiencing many difficulties.

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

Thank you Bazeado! What a wonderful thing to say!

Inspired by the love and light of da gurrl's good wishes to us all...

Everyone's born,
                                Everyone dies,
                                Everyone laughs,
                                Everyone cries.

All we need is love!
                                We all need to try
                                To learn to love all others
                                It is the highest high.

Life is what we make it
                                Faith to never let go
                                Learn the Mystic Law of Life
                                Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!