What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"They [the Buddhas of the ten directions] will be seated side by side like the stars in the heavens, or the rows of rice and hemp plants on the earth, and will guard and protect the votaries of the Lotus Sutra"

(Reply to the Mother of Ueno - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. I, page 1074) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, September 2nd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's time to take on a new challenge!
The courage to take one step forwards
can completely change the current situation.
Let's overcome the limitations that we ourselves have set
and play out a victorious drama in our human revolution.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"'All disciples and lay supporters of Nichiren should chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the spirit of many in body but one in mind, transcending all differences among themselves[1] to become as inseparable as fish and the water in which they swim. This spiritual bond is the basis for the universal transmission of the ultimate Law of life and death.' (WND-1, 217)

"This passage elucidates the actual practice for transmitting the heritage enabling all living beings to attain Buddhahood.

“This is the most essential and fundamental of the Daishonin’s teachings.

“The heritage of the ultimate Law of life is transmitted through the shared commitment of mentor and disciple. It pulses in the life of each individual striving with this united spirit to achieve the lofty goal of kosen-rufu, based and centered on faith in the Gohonzon.

“The ‘mind’ of ‘many in body but one in mind’ refers to faith in chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. It is linked to the spirit or determination to realise kosen-rufu.

“In today’s terms, it means that by joining the living organisation of the Soka Gakkai, which is based on the Gohonzon, and by practising the Daishonin’s Buddhism, each individual attains Buddhahood in this lifetime and establishes eternal happiness. That is the ‘heritage of the ultimate Law of life.’

“I hope that all of you will engrave this passage in your lives and never forget it as long as you live. Please encourage one another as you strive to secure the foundations of kosen-rufu.”

SGI Newsletter No. 8597, Young Phoenixes, Soar into the Future!, (6) President Ikeda’s Lecture on “The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life”, from the April 2011 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated 31st Aug. 2012

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Why not us? Are we not Entities of the Mystic Law? It says no where anywhere taht this is supposed to be easy!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

We are Entities of the Mystic Law led by our Master Nichiren Daishonin the Buddha of Beginningless time! I'm so excited to have this practice supporting my life and carrying me through these turbulent times. I've been struggling like a motherfucker, but I'm still a Buddha and I'll sow and reap more benefit from my life. I'm in graduate school, I'm working hard and I'm staying on target to also get into law school. I'm a leader and I appreciate all you so much! I have to read the Opening of the Eyes Gosho that T posted again because I skipped it. I'm going to start tonight and keep going as long as possible. Last time I read it in its entirety I felt the most amazingly deep conviction in my faith in Nichiren Daishonin. My Gohonzon is my life and I'm doing it folks, going forward everyday that is.

I miss you special friends so much, let's get together soon! Much love, Your brother EasyMyohoDisco

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being proactive in making the first move
is the inviolable rule towards achieving victory.
With our prayers and Daimoku in the very centre
let us take one more step forwards,
spending today as cheerfully and vibrantly as we possibly can!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The 'great vow' refers to the propagation of the Lotus Sutra."

(The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 82) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, August 6th, 2012 Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, August 29th, 2012

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I am stumbling thru the smoke haze and fog, but still chanting!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Wonderful to see you all here...

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This life is like a dream. One cannot be sure that one will live until tomorrow. However wretched a beggar you might become, never disgrace the Lotus Sutra."

(A Warning against Begrudging One's Fief - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. I, page 824) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, September 3rd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kosen-rufu is achieved by meeting people.
Human revolution is an unceasing effort to
share this Buddhism and its philosophy with others.
Brimming with a positive cheerful spirit,
let's constantly challenge ourselves to reach out to others!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Exert yourself in the two ways of practice and study. Without practice and study, there can be no Buddhism. You must not only persevere yourself; you must also teach others. Both practice and study arise from faith. Teach others to the best of your ability, even if it is only a single sentence or phrase."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 386)
Selection source: Together with the Gosho - Encouragement by President Ikeda, Seikyo Shimbun, August 15th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I remember one evening when I was having a long and leisurely conversation with two dear, respected friends, one from the UK and the other from China. At one point, we all affirmed the famous passage from the Analects of Confucius: 'A gentleman gathers friends through his culture; and with these friends, he develops his humanity.'[1] This is basically saying that we gather friends through our own learning and self-cultivation, and those friends in turn contribute to our growth as a human being.

"Friendship has two 'wings' that allow us to soar together to lofty heights, unswayed by feelings of like and dislike. One is the desire to learn and the other is personal development. Good friends gather around those who strive to learn and improve themselves. And it is among good friends that we can polish and cultivate our character. True friendship between people who aspire for lofty achievements can multiply the fruits of their labour many times over."

SGI Newsletter No. 8596, Dialogue for the Future: Travelling the Path of Victory Together with You, [3] Friendship Is a Treasure, from the July 1st, 2012, issue of the Mirai [Future] Journal, translated 31st Aug. 2012

[1] The Analects of Confucius, translated by Simon Leys (New York: W. W. Norton and Company, 1997), p. 59.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never be defeated by the devil of illness.
Remember that "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion."*
Let's muster up all our life force and challenge whatever we face
and win in the "drama" of changing poison into medicine!

Daisaku Ikeda

* Gosho - Reply to Kyo'o - WND-1 pg. 412, "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra: '[Like the lion] the mentor roars; but then it is up to the disciples to roar in response. The mentor patiently waits, observing his disciples.'[1]

"The mentor watches and waits with anticipation for even one individual to stand up, for a disciple who will initiate a struggle cherishing the same spirit and determination as he does."

SGI Newsletter No. 8597, Young Phoenixes, Soar into the Future!, (6) President Ikeda’s Lecture on “The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life”, from the April 2011 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated 31st Aug. 2012

[1] Cf. The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra: A Discussion, vol. 3, p. 137.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Tell them to be prepared for the worst, and not to expect good times, but take the bad times for granted."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 998) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, September 6th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Very few of us decided to dedicate our lives to kosen-rufu from the moment that we joined the Soka Gakkai. Initially, most of us were motivated to begin practising Nichiren Buddhism as a way to solve our financial problems or overcome illness. In other words, most people start practising Buddhism out of a desire to improve their own personal lives.

“Then we learn from seniors in faith that dedicating one’s life to kosen-rufu enables both oneself and others to become happy and leads to a life of absolute happiness and joy. As we devote ourselves more seriously to our Buddhist practice, we come to realise how true this is.

“In the same way, it is vital that we foster people of steadfast faith who will dedicate their lives to kosen-rufu. That’s our mission as senior leaders and the way to foster capable individuals.

“To do that, first we need to make kosen-rufu our true goal in life and, burning brightly with that spirit, inspire our fellow members.

“Always remember that the most capable individuals are those who strive hardest within the ‘university of faith’ that is the Soka Gakkai.”

SGI Newsletter No. 8601, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 4 , Bastion of Capable People 5, translated 3rd Sep. 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"What is most important is that, by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo alone, you can attain Buddhahood. It will no doubt depend on the strength of your faith. To have faith is the basis of Buddhism."

(The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 832)
Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, September 8th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There are many different ways of viewing capable individuals. One is from the perspective of character. Are they serious, sincere, enthusiastic, and persevering? Capable individuals can also be evaluated from the perspective of their abilities. Are they eloquent, dynamic, sensitive, or creative? And there is also the aspect of social standing, educational history, and financial status.

"But no matter what skills people possess or how high their social status, if the foundation of their faith is shaky, they can’t become truly capable people for kosen-rufu. Only by firmly establishing kosen-rufu as their basic aim can their character, abilities, and social standing be fully activated as a powerful force for realising the happiness of others."

SGI Newsletter No. 8600, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 4 , Bastion of Capable People 4, translated 3rd Sep. 2012

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Yes! Fucking right!

I'm so inspired! Thank you, to each you also in the kosen-rufu movement, doing the best you can in your life to keep the flow of world peace through faith in the Gohonzon in the forefront of the present and future!

Count on me to keep doing shakubuku protecting the region and living to my fullest capacity (and BEYOND)! Much love to my brother Babba, Mrs. Babba, Mr. Doobie and family and each of you special friends.

What a pleasure to be alive and be able to keep going with each of you here online where it all started for me! Like the ROAR of the lion, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts