Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very dear friend is having some major health issues....I can't mention a name out of respect for privacy and not knowing if they would want it mentioned....but I ask everyone here to chant for this person.....is it possible to do this without you all knowing who it is???

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Much love and respect to you all!

Comment

Shakubuku all the way - GO FOR IT!

Originally posted by Dutchgrown View Post
      A very dear friend is having some major health issues....I can't mention a name out of respect for privacy and not knowing if they would want it mentioned....but I ask everyone here to chant for this person.....is it possible to do this without you all knowing who it is???

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Much love and respect to you all!
      Yah sure can DG! However, even better would be for you to encourage your friend through your life to chant for themselves. We are the Buddhas we make the Benefits! Tell them what you know from this thread and your practice and they will understand!

Go on take it up notch! BAM!

Comment

Good morning friends !!!
        Well the wife and I are off to the bay area this morning to go see Furthur. Its Phil Lesh's 70th birthday and he still leads the old Grateful Dead band around the country on tour. What an amazing vibrant man !! Should be alot of fun.
        We will get to make a stop at the Sokka Gakkai cultural center and chant in front of Big Gohonzon !!! wooooooooop !!! Makes for a fun and exciting trip. Of course ill bring the Omamori Gohonzon to keep up the chanting along the way. Im back to chanting now and im going to stay on this roll and keep this practice alive !!!! Its so easy to fall into complacency and not be able to give yourself that kick in the ass it sometimes takes to get you going again. Thanks to my wonderful wife who knows me so well .... I sometimes take a larger boot then normal Thanks to you all for the wonderful encouragement that everyones presence brings to this thread. Thanks everyone !!!! Now get in front of that Gohonzon and chant !!!

Nam myoho renge kyo
        Nam myoho renge kyo

Keep on Chanting !!!
        (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
        your bud
        babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

"Your interactions with your friends who share your aims will be a powerful source of encouragement and strength for you. Please try to stay in touch and help and inspire each other. ...Friends who inspire and encourage each other are life's most precious treasure."

SGI Newsletter No. 7949, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 5, translated March 5th, 2010
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

To have a voice that reverberates with conviction and moves other's hearts is vital. With a life force charged by chanting wholeheartedly for the sake of kosen-rufu and for the sake of our friends, let us go out and share our philosophy with others. The gosho teaches us that:

"The voice carries out the work of the Buddha."*

Daisaku Ikeda

*Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 708, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 4
            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"One who has fallen to the ground recovers and rises up from the ground."

(The Proof of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1108) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, March 10th, 2010
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"We can't achieve anything worthwhile unless we stand up resolutely as an individual with the readiness to face any obstacle we may encounter. Friends are an important factor in strengthening that resolve. As the eminent American Renaissance thinker Ralph Emerson (1803-82) said: 'With [a friend] we are easily great.'

SGI Newsletter No. 7949, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 5, translated March 5th, 2010
                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"In the eighth volume of Great Concentration and Insight and in the eighth volume of The Annotations on “Great Concentration and Insight” it says, “The stronger one’s faith, the greater the protection of the gods.” This means that the protection of the gods depends on the strength of one’s faith."

(General Stone Tiger - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 953) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 11th, 2010
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Academic background isn't what matters; it's the spirit of wanting to learn that counts. The lack of such a desire is a serious shortcoming."

SGI Newsletter No. 7951, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 2, Light of Learning 9, translated March 10th, 2010
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Nam myoho renge kyo

Down in the Bay having a great time. Tonight is show nite and today is Phils Birthday. Been in the city for two days and been to the Soka Gakkai community center 3 times to chant. So cool chanting with others ... having a great time...See you guys soon!!

Nam myoho renge kyo
                      (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                      your bud
                      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Great stuff Babba. Lately you've been pouring out your heart and making me feel really good! Thanks for all those great posts. Same to you T!

Today is a weird day, I feel like I woke up a little bit off kilter but I'm ok. I really need to chant more this weekend. House hunting, school, work, everything else has been tough. All my friends are telling me to chill out and I still feel I'm not doing enough. I wrote the first chapter to my autobiography which will certainly change before the final version is complete. Many chapters will involve this thread and I will be mentioning the most prolific chanting growers have helped me see how the rest of my life is a bonus I must cherish and protect.

Thanks for fighting with me through your continued daimoku. I just keep chanting because there is no greater happiness.

be good,
                        MyohoDisco

Comment

"Winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 536) Selection source: "Koe no ran", Seikyo Shimbun, March 13th, 2010
                          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Where are Payaso, SoCal, Scegy and Hitman?
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Originally posted by Sutra
                              Universal Worthy Bodhisattva then said to the Buddha, "World Honored One, in the last five hundred years, in the turbid, evil world, will there be those who receive and uphold this Sutra?If there are those who receive and uphold this Sutra, I shall protect them, keep them from harm, and cause them to be peaceful and secure. No being will be able to take advantage of them, be it a demon, the son of a demon, a demon woman, demon subjects, or one possessed by a demon, a yaksha, rakshasha, kumbhanda, pishacha, krtya, putana, vetala, or any tormentor of human beings-none shall get at them."

The Wonderful Dharma Lotus Flower Sutra Chapter Twenty-eight: "The Encouragement of Universal Worthy Bodhisattva"

Comment

right on Babba!!!

Mrs. Babba has the best boots for you!

hello dear friends.

always in my heart.
                                Sleepy Test Chemmy Jones

Sleepy Tests Jolly Bud from Mountain High Seeds

Killer Chem Freebie grow

Sleepy Tests OJD...>>>
                                Gangsta Haze

Comment

Working...